Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover UEFI

Would an incorrect intel-id injection prevent me from getting past the root uuid line?

No. Generally it is one of these problems:
- memory map issue (eg. OsxAptioFix vs. OsxLowMem vs. nothing)
- USB problem (try different ports, different BIOS settings, different stick, different USB3 drivers)
- Clover version problem (some versions have OsxAptioFix broken)

Using r3193 ... There's an OSxAptiofixDrv-64 and OsxAptioFix2Drv-64... is there a difference?
So far:
OsxAptiofixDrv-64 doesn't boot
Nothing doesn't work
OsxLowMemDrv doesn't work

Every time I see in the -v output as the first line:
OsxAptioFixDrv: Starting overrides for .IAbootFile\boot.efi

Is it somehow not being updated by running the package installer? I can't use clover configurator bc I'm on an old 10.6.8 32-bit mac

Using r3193 ... There's an OSxAptiofixDrv-64 and OsxAptioFix2Drv-64... is there a difference?

Yes.

So far:
OsxAptiofixDrv-64 doesn't boot
Nothing doesn't work
OsxLowMemDrv doesn't work

With LowMem or nothing make sure you use slide=0 kernel flag (slide=0 is applied automatically with OsxAptioFix).

Every time I see in the -v output as the first line:
OsxAptioFixDrv: Starting overrides for .IAbootFile\boot.efi

Normal with OsxAptioFix. Not expected if you think OsxAptioFix is not there.

Is it somehow not being updated by running the package installer? I can't use clover configurator bc I'm on an old 10.6.8 32-bit mac

The installer will never delete files. You need to look at what you have in drivers64UEFI.

For post installation, Can I install CsmVideoDxe-64.efi from clover : “without” I got low resolution boot menu and boot screen?

Hi,RehabMan!
I updated the Clover from v2.3k-2193 to 3202, the system cannot start now. I mount the EFI partition in ubuntu, found the files in the partition are different, seems the files are updated. TOO BAD!
Can you save me please?

Hi,RehabMan!
I updated the Clover from v2.3k-2193 to 3202, the system cannot start now. I mount the EFI partition in ubuntu, found the files in the partition are different, seems the files are updated. TOO BAD!
Can you save me please?

No problem here with 3202.

Post EFI/Clover folder.

It is unlikely your laptop has UEFI, but you could still use Clover in legacy mode although it is not covered in this guide.

You'll need to do your research on the Nvidia chip...

Hello RehabMan, I success create yosemite installer using legacy clover and install yosemite to my laptop, after install yosemite :

WiFi : work (using ar5b95)
keyboard,touchpad and trackpad : work (use your voodoPS2Controller, thanks again)
Battery Manager : work
Restart and sleep : work
but,
Sound : not work
Quadro Fx 770M :QE/CI not work
2 of 4 usb port not work

before using yosemite, I use mavericks and most of all work..

I wait for your next guide..

thanks..

...Sound : not work

Audio: Best result with patched AppleHDA. Google 'patch AppleHDA guide'. Search for suitable AppleHDA or patch it yourself. Apply appropriate DSDT patches.

DSDT patches for patched AppleHDA are covered in the DSDT/SSDT patching guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

Quadro Fx 770M :QE/CI not work

You will need to do research to find out what config.plist changes are required. I'm not familiar with nvidia as I have no such hardware.

If your system is dual-GPU, be aware that the discrete card cannot be used in OS X.

2 of 4 usb port not work

Try without GenericUSBXHCI.kext to use native AppleUSBXHCI.kext. May require DSDT patches.

Please open a separate thread for any further discussion/questions.

Copy essential kexts to the 'Other' directory (FakeSMC, GenericUSBXHCI, VoodooPS2Controller). You only need the kexts that allow you to boot and operate the installer. Other kexts that you might use in the final installation can wait.

I always use my own versions of these kexts:
FakeSMC.kext: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-FakeSMC-kozlek
VoodooPS2Controller.kext: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller
GenericUSBXHCI.kext: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Generic-USB3

Note: Please READ the README at each link so you know where pre-built binaries are located. Copy only the kext to Clover/kexts/Other (usually the kext is found in the Release folder inside the ZIP).

I'm sorry for this being a very basic and probably boring/stupid question, but I downloaded the .zip files for all three of the repositories on GitHub, and none of them had a folder called "Release" - do I have to build it with Xcode, and if so, how do I do that?

Sorry again!

I'm sorry for this being a very basic and probably boring/stupid question, but I downloaded the .zip files for all three of the repositories on GitHub, and none of them had a folder called "Release" - do I have to build it with Xcode, and if so, how do I do that?

Sorry again!

You must have downloaded the wrong file. Read the README at each link.

Back