Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover UEFI

2, boot again with verbose come to a text screen,"waiting for DSMOS... " I checked the Clover, FakeSMC still there. seems not load?
View attachment 131829
3,boot again without verbose come to about 30% and stop.

This screen does not coordinate with the config.plist and EFI/Clover you provide... NVDA will not start with nv_disable=1.

This screen does not coordinate with the config.plist and EFI/Clover you provide... NVDA will not start with nv_disable=1.

ok,reinstall Clover and reboot to screen,tell me to pair a bluetooth keyboard.does it mean Clover cannot find my keyboard and refuse to go on? how to fix?
first.jpeg

View attachment CLOVER.zip

ok,reinstall Clover and reboot to screen,tell me to pair a bluetooth keyboard.does it mean Clover cannot find my keyboard and refuse to go on? how to fix?

The answer is in the guide post #2.

The answer is in the guide post #2.

thanks.

find nothing special,just reinstall Clover and reboot with verbose ( want to press space bar on the certain screen), but this time don't stop at that screen , come to a install screen with 4 choice menu: "restore...","install os x", "get help online","Disk Utility". click disk utility.
install-1.jpeg diskutil.jpeg
1, i can see the ssd & hdd partitions. plan to install to osx to ssd's second partition( first partition is win8.1);
2, i can't repair the partition of ssd partition#2, neither can partition hdd partition#2;
3, no room to install osx.

can i use some utility to fix that?

thank you .

thanks.

find nothing special,just reinstall Clover and reboot with verbose ( want to press space bar on the certain screen), but this time don't stop at that screen , come to a install screen with 4 choice menu: "restore...","install os x", "get help online","Disk Utility". click disk utility.
View attachment 131845 View attachment 131844
1, i can see the ssd & hdd partitions. plan to install to osx to ssd's second partition( first partition is win8.1);
2, i can't repair the partition of ssd partition#2, neither can partition hdd partition#2;
3, no room to install osx.

can i use some utility to fix that?

thank you .

The guide calls for re-partitioning the disk.

Also, linked from the guide is a thread that details some of the issues if you're trying to use a partition scheme not created by Disk Utility.

Rehabman,

BIG problem I encountered. Similar problem as xnpeng's problem also. My 512 SSD HD on my laptop has two partitions (trying to dual boot). One partition is for Windows 7 titled "Untitled". The second partition is named "Yosemite" and was formatted HFS+ for OSX. The problem is that the whole disk was initially formatted using a Master Boot Record scheme. As you can see from the screenshot below, OSX is asking for a GUID formatting scheme for the whole drive. What is the best way to "fix" this? Wondering if I can use GParted live CD (Linux) to reformat just the "Yosemite" parition to GUID scheme leaving the Windows 7 partition alone?

The second issue concerning this installation is that I realize I need to fix the brightness level. It is probably 50% dimmer than usual. I read your link to patching DSDT/SSDT for laptop backlight control and it is confusing. But for now I need to get Yosemite installed first on this laptop before tackling the brightness issue.

Attachments

• P1040554.jpg
    P1040554.jpg
    1,003.3 KB · Views: 111
  • P1040556.jpg
    P1040556.jpg
    991.9 KB · Views: 102

... The problem is that the whole disk was initially formatted using a Master Boot Record scheme. As you can see from the screenshot below, OSX is asking for a GUID formatting scheme for the whole drive. What is the best way to "fix" this?

Repartition.

Alternate is to convert your Windows install to GPT/UEFI. Google for instructions.

Then...

OS X is not well behaved with disks partitioned by other than OS X Disk Utility, but there are things you can check/do.

See this thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/133940-mavericks-windows-8-same-drive-without-erasing.html

The second issue concerning this installation is that I realize I need to fix the brightness level. It is probably 50% dimmer than usual....

Follow guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...ching-dsdt-ssdt-laptop-backlight-control.html

Rehabman,

I got Yosemite installed onto my laptop. However, I needed the backlight control fixed/patched to get the screen a bit brighter. I followed the whole procedure as best I could. MaciASL loaded a default DSDT.aml file and I patched it with "Brightness fix (HD3000/HD4000)". So I saved this patched DSDT.aml file onto the desktop. Now, Where exactly do I need to place/put this DSDT.aml file to so when laptop boots, my screen is bright? Onto the Clover EFI partition of my USB boot drive or where?

Rehabman,

I got Yosemite installed onto my laptop. However, I needed the backlight control fixed/patched to get the screen a bit brighter. I followed the whole procedure as best I could. MaciASL loaded a default DSDT.aml file and I patched it with "Brightness fix (HD3000/HD4000)". So I saved this patched DSDT.aml file onto the desktop. Now, Where exactly do I need to place/put this DSDT.aml file to so when laptop boots, my screen is bright? Onto the Clover EFI partition of my USB boot drive or where?

Read guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...ching-dsdt-ssdt-laptop-backlight-control.html

The guide calls for re-partitioning the disk.

Also, linked from the guide is a thread that details some of the issues if you're trying to use a partition scheme not created by Disk Utility.

Rehabman,
After 10 more times try, I got my harddisk installed finally, then I install Clover on harddisk, reboot system by Clover on harddisk, and failed.
Each time i must reinstall Clover on USB to boot the installer, otherwise it must stop, why?

step#1,Create USB installer;
#2,Install Clover to USB, copy the 5 files to Clover's certain folder;
#3,Boot the computer with USB installer; 10 minutes;
#4,Install OSX on hard disk partition;[phase#1] , 40 minutes;
#5,Boot the computer with USB installer; 10 minutes;
#6,continue install OSX on hard disk, this time it create the recovery files;[phase#2] , 30 minutes;
#7,Boot the computer with the hard disk partition,get into the [post install phase] , 10 minutes;
#8,Install CLover on hard disk, copy essential files;
#9,Reboot computer with Clover on hard disk , select OSX on hard disk partition , ----------failed.

I repeat step#2---#4 again and again. Just one time I come to step#7----#9.

Help me please.

Back