Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

Hi, Mr. RehabMan, I followed your guide until the kext part, I opened the link you provided, I downloaded the zip file, When i open it, I can only see there are lots of floders, and i can only find the FakeSMC file, but I can't find the FakeSMC.kext file.

You neglected to read the README for the correct download location. Please read the guide carefully.

Note: The FakeSMC package includes FakeSMC "plugins" (FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext, FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext, FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext, FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext). You do not need these kexts for installation, although you may wish to try them for getting sensor data to HWMonitor.app after you install. Note: FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext may have issues on Broadwell hardware.
Should I just install other kexts (Sensors kexts) to S/L/E of my hard drive?

Hey.
I'm trying to install Sierra on an older laptop.
I followed the guide in the start of this thread, installing clover on the usb for booting in legacy mode.
I can boot from the usb, and install just fine.
However, when the installation reboots to finish, and I reboot from the usb to finish the installation, clover doesn't detect the harddrive.
I've tried setting up the harddisk both as MBR and guid, but neither seems to work for clover.

The laptop is a Lenovo T500 2243-4LG
The cpu is a p8400.
I belive the chipset is GM45/Gm47, and the graphics chip gma x3100.

Not supported. Last seen support for X3100 in 32-bit Lion or Snow Leopard.
ok - thanks.
Just out of curiousity - could it work? I mean just without accellerated graphics? I just need a laptop that's able to run the apple ipad conficurator for my school, and this old laptop was available.

ok - thanks.
Just out of curiousity - could it work? I mean just without accellerated graphics? I just need a laptop that's able to run the apple ipad conficurator for my school, and this old laptop was available.

It is not supported. You can make it work if you install Snow Leopard 32-bit.
OS X/macOS is very painful without QE/CI... ok for a file server, but that is about it.

Hello, thanks for the guide, it worked for me !

Could you tell me which realtek kext I should download ? I have an HP Elitebook 8460p.

By the way, I succeeded in installing mac os sierra on this elitebook, but I forgot to add ethernet kexts, so I could'nt use internet, do you have a solution which doesn't oblige to format all and reinstall all ?

I also had a question, I installed this :
I thought I could have internet but it just disabled my keyboard and mouse, I think it is due to the voodoo PS2, do you know how to fix it ? I can't log on to my hackbook anymore (no keyboard access..). I only have access to the CLOVER EFI part usb on an other PC. (maybe I can change the kext in the folder ?)

Thank you really really !

@RehabMan, yes I know and I used this guide, but it doesn't specify which kext I should use (I have a broadcom BCM43224) and I don't know which ethernet kexts to download... thanks

Back