Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

Troubleshooting Clover Probook Installer

Hi RehabMan,i need your help.I have a HP Probook 4530s running El Capitan,upgraded from Yosemite.Im using the clover boot loader and have been running fine until i noticed a little graphics glitch which i tried to correct with the latest probook installer.I messed up by running the installer without rebooting and using F4 before reinstalling the kexts for this model.As a result ...upon restart I'm stuck at the apple logo.I can only boot to safe mode and verbose mode.In verbose mode its stuck at :129.419262:apple80211 Request [10514]Unsupported ioctl111 IOCTL not recognized:111out of 236.
I know that the graphics the issue but i don't know how to reverse my actions or to solve it.
Can u guide me to a possible solution?Many thanks

Hi RehabMan,i need your help.I have a HP Probook 4530s running El Capitan,upgraded from Yosemite.Im using the clover boot loader and have been running fine until i noticed a little graphics glitch which i tried to correct with the latest probook installer.I messed up by running the installer without rebooting and using F4 before reinstalling the kexts for this model.As a result ...upon restart I'm stuck at the apple logo.I can only boot to safe mode and verbose mode.In verbose mode its stuck at :129.419262:apple80211 Request [10514]Unsupported ioctl111 IOCTL not recognized:111out of 236.
I know that the graphics the issue but i don't know how to reverse my actions or to solve it.
Can u guide me to a possible solution?Many thanks

Make sure you have the latest IntelBacklight.kext. The ProBook Installer has an old version.

https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Intel-Backlight

Never Mind! It got copied! Sorry
[/COLOR]

But, when I boot using the pendrive, All I get is a black screen? Please Help
---
Lenovo Flex 2
intel Core i5 4210U
Haswell

Post EFI/Clover folder.

Hi, I create usb installer following first post using createmediainstall and formatting usb with gpt partition. I can't get past booting. This is image I captured before my laptop restart. I use config from rehabman repo config_HD5300_5500_6000.plist and renamed to config.plist
CWR8RnrUEAI_BOo.jpg:large

My Laptop info:
Asus X455LB
i3-5010u / chipset Broadwell-U rev 9
intel HD5500 + GT940M / 1366x768

tia

Hi, I create usb installer following first post using createmediainstall and formatting usb with gpt partition. I can't get past booting. This is image I captured before my laptop restart.
CWR8RnrUEAI_BOo.jpg:large

My Laptop info:
Asus X455LB
i3-5010u / chipset Broadwell-U rev 9
intel HD5500 + GT940M / 1366x768

tia

You need to set DVMT-prealloc (64mb). It is covered in the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Maybe your BIOS has an option for it (some ASUS laptops do).

Hello, I installed El Capitan with UniBeast and when I am trying to start the installer from the Clover i get this error: panic error? panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff80003263a6): "zone_init:kmem_suballoc failed"@Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/xnu/xnu-3247.1.106/osfmk/kern/zalloc.c
How can I fix this problem? thx!

Hello, I installed El Capitan with UniBeast and when I am trying to start the installer from the Clover i get this error: panic error? panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff80003263a6): "zone_init:kmem_suballoc failed"@Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/xnu/xnu-3247.1.106/osfmk/kern/zalloc.c
How can I fix this problem? thx!

Read post #1. Unibeast is not involved.

You mean that i can run hackintosh in laptop if i installed it through UniBeast?

Back