Contribute
Register

GUIDE: Booting in 64-bit with Radeon HD 5770 (The easy way)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please re-run MultiBeast 3.1.0 to install the latest Kabyl boot file as it may help autodetect some more cards if you've had to select the frame buffer manually.

It does also fix some other coding but I wouldn't worry about that and no I don't know the detail. Coding udpates from the main man himself:

Kabyl: Added new card config names from the latest ATIFramebuffer.kext, few more supported cards and ROM Revision info. Replaced VBIOS with ATYbinimage to avoid a conflict with the NVIDIA Enabler. Fixed a logic mistake in getSMBOemProcessorBusSpeed()

awesomeness. I finally got my Sapphire 5870 Vapor-X to work in 64 Bit mode.
I didnt know that the ATY_init.ext was causing the issue when trying to boot
with ATI Experimental Chameleon

:D

----
GA-P55M-UD2 i7-860 4GB RAM 256GB-SSD Sapphire 5870 Vapor-X

aaronrryan said:
awesomeness. I finally got my Sapphire 5870 Vapor-X to work in 64 Bit mode.
I didnt know that the ATY_init.ext was causing the issue when trying to boot
with ATI Experimental Chameleon

:D

----
GA-P55M-UD2 i7-860 4GB RAM 256GB-SSD Sapphire 5870 Vapor-X

Cool

Nice post, thanks.

Only one question: Can I use TonyMacx86's iBoot+MultiBeast guide to install my retail copy of OSX 10.6.3 instead of MacMan's before I follow your steps to get my ATI HD 5770 fully functional?

My specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo e6420
ATI Radeon HD 5770 1 GB GDDR5 (see gpu-z image below)
2x2 GB DDR2 @800 MHz Dual Channel Mode
MoBo ASUS P5G41-M LX (chipset Intel G41 /ICH7, Audio ALC662-VC1 High Definition Audio 6-Channel CODEC, Realtek RTL8139/810x Fast Ethernet Adapter PCI LAN) (http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=4CHKsRd0uq8UAWh0)

Thanks in advance for your help.

Attachments

• Cattura.JPG
    Cattura.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 249
scleone1987 said:
Nice post, thanks.

Only one question: Can I use TonyMacx86's iBoot+MultiBeast guide to install my retail copy of OSX 10.6.3 instead of MacMan's before I follow your steps to get my ATI HD 5770 fully functional?

My specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo e6420
ATI Radeon HD 5770 1 GB GDDR5 (see gpu-z image below)
2x2 GB DDR2 @800 MHz Dual Channel Mode
MoBo ASUS P5G41-M LX (chipset Intel G41 /ICH7, Audio ALC662-VC1 High Definition Audio 6-Channel CODEC, Realtek RTL8139/810x Fast Ethernet Adapter PCI LAN) (http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=4CHKsRd0uq8UAWh0)

Thanks in advance for your help.

I'm not sure what you need to get your motherboard, audio and ethernet working but just select ATI experimental bootloader under the bootloader options in MultiBeast.

FEROX said:
Hey guys,

I haven't been able to get HDMI to work. The display connected through HDMI just displays a clone, the display isn't recognized, and no sound or 1080p. If you try to boot with only the HDMI connected, the screen will work until you hit the Apple Boot Screen, then signal is lost. I read that Vervet doesn't support HDMI but I haven't found a fix. If anyone has a fix, please post.

Well, that answers my question! Now if I can get my darn DVI adapter to get here, I'll be good shape....even though it's 2 days later than expected. Sigh. But, good thing to know that it's just the HDMI adapter that's not working and causing my screen to go blank.

Gatorman said:
FEROX said:
Hey guys,

I haven't been able to get HDMI to work. The display connected through HDMI just displays a clone, the display isn't recognized, and no sound or 1080p. If you try to boot with only the HDMI connected, the screen will work until you hit the Apple Boot Screen, then signal is lost. I read that Vervet doesn't support HDMI but I haven't found a fix. If anyone has a fix, please post.

Well, that answers my question! Now if I can get my darn DVI adapter to get here, I'll be good shape....even though it's 2 days later than expected. Sigh. But, good thing to know that it's just the HDMI adapter that's not working and causing my screen to go blank.

If you want HDMI then select "Uakari" framebuffer using AtiConfig at Chameleon screen (to test first) then add to your boot.plist when you are happy that it works.

Tried Uakari. Didn't work. I'm getting an AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement timeout.

Weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back