Contribute
Register

[Guide] ASUS ZENBOOK UX305FA using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will this guide work for ux305ca? It is different from fa in that uses a newer processor, m3-6Y30.

Update:
I see that this has been answered already in this thread (that we'll have to wait for skylake macbook). No updates since then, right?

The good news, I'm finally out of the bootloop, but the bad news is that I keep getting stuck at "missing bluetooth controller transport", when a appears in the centre and it freezes. I'm trying to load 10.11.3, so what should I do? The second question I have is whether the ig-platform-id should be 0x01660009 (as per the Clover Installer USB instructions for the screen resolution), or 0x16160002 (as per the config.plist provided for EL Capitan by Jhawk that was edited already as the instructions stated)?

The good news, I'm finally out of the bootloop, but the bad news is that I keep getting stuck at "missing bluetooth controller transport". I'm trying to load 10.11.3, so what should I do? The second question I have is whether the ig-platform-id should be 0x01660009 (as per the Clover Installer USB instructions for the screen resolution), or 0x16160002 (as per the config.plist provided for EL Capitan by Jhawk that was edited already as the instructions stated)?

0x01660009 is for Ivy/HD4000.

Your profile indicates Broadwell/HD5300. Most common working ig-platform-id for Broadwell mobile is 0x16260006.

0x01660009 is for Ivy/HD4000.

Your profile indicates Broadwell/HD5300. Most common working ig-platform-id for Broadwell mobile is 0x16260006.

Thank you. What should I do about the missing bluetooth controller transports?

Bluetooth problems will not stop boot... ignore.

Thanks, but the line "****[IOBluetoothFamily[SearchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler] -- Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!" comes up and a appears in the centre of the screen, causing the boot to stop. It then freezes like that and gets garbled. Should I just ignore it by waiting it out,or is there something I should do to fix it?

I can confirm that 0x16260006 works for both 1080p panel (and 1440p micro-HDMI output) on UX305FA.

I'm working on a patchmatic build script for UX305FA DSDTs/SSDTs, primarily based on the UX303 build instructions. A few questions:

1. patchmatic scripts strictly contain the same information as "Apply the following list of patches in maciasl"; they're just a little less human-readable. Is it acceptable/a good idea for GUIDEs to use a script?
  2. I am using tables dumped from Clover. I would prefer to preserve the SSDT original numbering (0,1,2,3,7,8,9,10,11) so I don't confuse myself. I don't think this is a technical problem now that Clover supports SortedOrder. Am I going to get myself in trouble in some other way?
  3. I do not intend to reassemble most of the SSDTs, just copy them from origin. I know I need to patch 8 and 11, and that's to rename GFX0 to IGPU. Is it reasonable/acceptable/good practice to just pass through the other untouched binary SSDTs?
  4. I am not so comfortable with AppleHDA. VoodooHDA seems to work acceptably on this platform (with Boost 2). I don't think I get HDMI audio. Am I giving up anything else serious?
As always, thank you for your insight.

Thanks, but the line "****[IOBluetoothFamily[SearchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler] -- Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!" comes up and a appears in the centre of the screen, causing the boot to stop. It then freezes like that and gets garbled. Should I just ignore it by waiting it out,or is there something I should do to fix it?

You need to describe exactly what you're doing and provide a photo. The last line is almost never the most important.

1. patchmatic scripts strictly contain the same information as "Apply the following list of patches in maciasl"; they're just a little less human-readable. Is it acceptable/a good idea for GUIDEs to use a script?

1. A properly implemented script with detailed usage instructions can help reduce user error in creating patched ACPI files.

Personally, I'm not using it anymore, preferring a Clover hotpatch/add-on SSDT approach.

[*]I am using tables dumped from Clover. I would prefer to preserve the SSDT original numbering (0,1,2,3,7,8,9,10,11) so I don't confuse myself.

Good plan. Note that SSDT numbering/naming can vary depending on specific hardware and BIOS options.

[*]I do not intend to reassemble most of the SSDTs, just copy them from origin. I know I need to patch 8 and 11, and that's to rename GFX0 to IGPU. Is it reasonable/acceptable/good practice to just pass through the other untouched binary SSDTs?

If no patches are required, that works.

[*]I am not so comfortable with AppleHDA. VoodooHDA seems to work acceptably on this platform (with Boost 2). I don't think I get HDMI audio. Am I giving up anything else serious?

VoodooHDA does not implement some HDA power management. Additional power consumption with VoodooHDA likely when compared with AppleHDA.

You need to describe exactly what you're doing and provide a photo. The last line is almost never the most important.

The exact steps I take are:
1-inserting the USB (I've tried all three ports to see if there would be any change between them with regards to this issue)
2-Powering up and pressing the esc key when the Asus logo appears
3-selecting "UEFI: KingstonDataDraveler 3.3PMAP" from the boot list
4-pressing spacebar over "Boot OS X Install from install_osx"
5-going down the list and pressing spacebar or enter over "Boot Mac OS X in Verbose mode"
6-watching the verbose screen fly through it's monologue for ~24 seconds before pausing [image 1], ~48 seconds before the missing bluetooth controller transport error occurs [image 2], and ~1:12 after the start of the verbose screen the symbol appears and the text because garbled [image 3]
7-shut down, try again with a different config.plist/USB port/USB/with power/without power/asking for help/restarting whole process from the Clover USB bootloader guide/etc.

IMG_3014.jpgIMG_3018.jpgIMG_3024.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back