Contribute
Register

[Guide] ASUS ZENBOOK UX305FA using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi,

i know some of this has been mentioned before, but i have the same exact laptop as you, haven't manual patched my dsdt etc., and everything is working except that the battery always shows 97% and doesn't detect that it's plugged in (although the automatic brightness reacts to it) and the machine comes back immediately from sleep.

any ideas? sorry to be a noob.. clover is really new to me..

hi,

i know some of this has been mentioned before, but i have the same exact laptop as you, haven't manual patched my dsdt etc., and everything is working except that the battery always shows 97% and doesn't detect that it's plugged in (although the automatic brightness reacts to it) and the machine comes back immediately from sleep.

ACPI patches are needed for working battery status...

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

i know that mate, i'm not that big of a n00b, i just grabbed the OP's DSDT and SSDT files since we (most likely) have the exact same machine. are you saying i should generate my own?

Not a good idea to use ACPI files from another computer.

It is covered in the ACPI patching guide.

Not a good idea to use ACPI files from another computer.

It is covered in the ACPI patching guide.

well, i really suck at this. i did all the patches the OP mentioned, but it still throws some four errors. maciasl.png

(the first three errors are related to that paragraph, the third is somewhere else)

am i doing something horribly wrong? i'm not expecting you or anyone to fix this instead of me, but i've found nothing helpful googling..

EDIT: on some other forum you wrote that the DSDT has to be disassembled in the context of the other files (SSDT etc.). i'm guessing that's what iasl's -da switch is for. however, that segfaults for me with this exception: ACPI Exception: AE_CTRL_PENDING, While creating Arg 1 (20141107/dsutils-887)Segmentation fault: 11

only -d works, but it seems that's not good enough.

soo.. am i reeeeally stuck now? : )

well, i really suck at this. i did all the patches the OP mentioned, but it still throws some four errors. View attachment 156409

(the first three errors are related to that paragraph, the third is somewhere else)

am i doing something horribly wrong? i'm not expecting you or anyone to fix this instead of me, but i've found nothing helpful googling..

EDIT: on some other forum you wrote that the DSDT has to be disassembled in the context of the other files (SSDT etc.). i'm guessing that's what iasl's -da switch is for. however, that segfaults for me with this exception: ACPI Exception: AE_CTRL_PENDING, While creating Arg 1 (20141107/dsutils-887)Segmentation fault: 11

only -d works, but it seems that's not good enough.

soo.. am i reeeeally stuck now? : )

Basics of ACPI patching covered here...

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

hi,

bamdad,

the install pdf "slow Lane" has full instructions for DSDT/SSDT patch using MacIASL. Make sure you set iasl version in Preferences, if not you will get errors. Note the differences form warning and errors. Only errors count. You have to either patch DSDT or use One of the FastLanePackages (i.e. with ALS or Without ALS). If you choose to use FastLanePackages all patches are already installed. Simply plug and Play. NOTE: /EFI/Clover/kexts/other should have FakeSMC and ApplePS2SmartTouchPad only.

jhawk

Do you recommend to update to el capitan first or fix imessage first? Or does it not matter which order you do it in? Also, how do I get rid of ambient light sensing? I find that I don't use it and it just gets in my way.

Do you recommend to update to el capitan first or fix imessage first? Or does it not matter which order you do it in? Also, how do I get rid of ambient light sensing? I find that I don't use it and it just gets in my way.

If you do it prior then when you upgrade all will be well. Plus if you do a clean install it will set it all up for you. Just remember that 'SMBIOS" information in config list is like gold back it up, and keep a copy off site. FYI always clean SMBIOS info if you share config.plist with someone.

jhawk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back