Contribute
Register

[Guide] ASUS ZENBOOK UX305FA using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
The config.plist provided by jhawk also had the same issue as the 5300+ one, and that one was specifically for the ux305 (I had assumed). What should I do to fix the ig-platform-id for it to work?

See guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html

but sound, battery, function keys, brightness, sleep, display size/cpu (from "about this mac") all have issues (so does wifi, but that was known already). Would using the right config.plist fix the ig-platform-id, and through that fix theses too?

Also, should I wait for the new FastLanePackage before continuing if it will help solve this issue?

Most topics are covered in the stickies here here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/

Basically, the various things you cite as not working are typical in a fresh install where you haven't implemented any fixes (DSDT, patched AppleHDA, correct config.plist, PS2 drivers, etc.)

Did anyone get HDMI to work, every time I have the cord in, it won't boot and keeps restarting.

Which is the better option:

1-Wait for the new fastlanepackages for El Capitan and restart then

2-Keep trying to patch for Yosemite and then download El Capitan

I'm assuming that the best option is 1, but thats because I'm hoping that some of the issues that need patching will be addressed in the new fastlanepackages, reducing the amount of patching required. Am I right to assume that? Or will the new fastlanepackages just do what the currents ones do and not affect the amount of patching required anyway?

FastLanePackages have all patches applied. As noted in guide.

jhawk

Managed to follow your guide and RehabMan's laptop one and nearly got everything working. I used your Fast Lane solutions as I'm not 100% with what I'm doing. Having a few minor issues however:

• The brightness is setting itself to about a third every 30 seconds or so.
  • Audio device is not detected.
  • USB devices take a while to start working. Have to plug and unplug them after boot a few times then they start working fine.

Any ideas?

Managed to follow your guide and RehabMan's laptop one and nearly got everything working. I used your Fast Lane solutions as I'm not 100% with what I'm doing. Having a few minor issues however:

• The brightness is setting itself to about a third every 30 seconds or so.
  • Audio device is not detected.
  • USB devices take a while to start working. Have to plug and unplug them after boot a few times then they start working fine.

Any ideas?
Apple OS X version?

Brightness, should adjust to ambient light conditions. I have noted that when lighting from exterior windows changes in Florida rain storms it causes a large numbers of updates, resolution Fnc +A disables ALS

Audio is provided via VooDooHDA.kext. Sometimes Boot "without caches" is required. Select boot item hit spacebar and select option. Settings | Pref | Sound | output select output.

USB is this a cold boot or a wake from sleep?

jhawk

The version of OS X Yosemite I'm using is 10.10.5.

Ah right, what is "resolution Fnc +A" and how do I disable it? EDIT: Never mind, a colleague pointed out to me that its Fn + A and there's actually a little auto light icon on that key too and that I'm an idiot :p

I think I'm missing that kext for some reason, do I need to download a specific one or just the latest? EDIT: Got the audio working, downloaded it from SourceForge.

For the USB issue, it happens after a cold boot yeh. EDIT: It seems to be doing it on sleep wake too.

Also what wireless card do you recommend buying for replacing the existing one in the UX305? Ideally one that will work without requiring any tweaking.

DW1560 from Dell is the one most of us use. For clarity it is the Broadcom wifi ac /Bluetooth card for the Dell XPS 13 model 9343 when you chat with Dell. It was about $18 shipped.

I have not experienced slow USB on my unit I would try a different brand of USB. Stay away from china USB/SSD in general.

This might help when you have new wifi. http://www.myfixguide.com/manual/asus-zenbook-ux305fa-disassembly/

jhawk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back