Contribute
Register

[Guide] Asus UX305CA UHD

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. (nothing in ioreg likely to be different in that scenario)
Here you go. The images just show that when I turn it all the way to the right or left sound on headphones is fine but mono instead of stereo (obv). In the middle its pop/crackling idk what to call it. This happens the second time I plug the headphones. First time its fine. Also speakers are fine. Also im thinking of upgrading to Sierra as people on this guide said its working better. Can I use the config that I use now (on el capitan) on sierra?

Attachments

• Problem reporting.zip
    2 MB · Views: 68
  • Screen Shot 2017-05-22 at 5.50.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-22 at 5.50.34 PM.png
    18.9 KB · Views: 107
  • Screen Shot 2017-05-22 at 5.50.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-22 at 5.50.57 PM.png
    18.8 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Here you go. The images just show that when I turn it all the way to the right or left sound on headphones is fine but mono instead of stereo (obv). In the middle its pop/crackling idk what to call it. This happens the second time I plug the headphones. First time its fine. Also speakers are fine. Also im thinking of upgrading to Sierra as people on this guide said its working better. Can I use the config that I use now (on el capitan) on sierra?

ACPI is not patched correctly.
See guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/
(you have dynamic SSDTs in ACPI/patched, which is clearly wrong according to the guide...)
(also SortedOrder missing)
(and DropOem is set incorrectly)

As for your audio problem, check your audio codec dump (from Linux) to see if the tweaks that CodecCommander is doing for ALC255 match your own codec node layout.

You can also play around with hda-verb..., but at that point you would need to have some knowledge of the Intel HDA spec.

ACPI is not patched correctly.
See guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/
(you have dynamic SSDTs in ACPI/patched, which is clearly wrong according to the guide...)
(also SortedOrder missing)
(and DropOem is set incorrectly)

As for your audio problem, check your audio codec dump (from Linux) to see if the tweaks that CodecCommander is doing for ALC255 match your own codec node layout.

You can also play around with hda-verb..., but at that point you would need to have some knowledge of the Intel HDA spec.
So I should do a clean installation and try patching from scratch?

So I should do a clean installation and try patching from scratch?

I don't see why you need to do a fresh install to fix your incorrect ACPI setup.

because I dont know which steps I did wrong

because I dont know which steps I did wrong

ACPI patching guide is a post-install task.
So why would you need to re-install?

People posted that Sierra runs better on this laptop so im thinking of reinstalling to sierra. Plus I dont know whether I applied wrong patches that I shouldnt have. But anyways, should I delete the acpi and redo it?

But anyways, should I delete the acpi and redo it?

Yes.
Follow the ACPI patching guide.
Easiest if you do all renames in config.plist.. that way you only have to patch DSDT (DropOem=false).

But I checked and patched them all with no errors. I dont know why they have x

But I checked and patched them all with no errors. I dont know why they have x

They have 'x' because they are dynamic.
As documented in the ACPI patching guide, dynamic SSDTs should not be placed in ACPI/patched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back