Contribute
Register

[Guide] Asus UX305CA UHD

Status
Not open for further replies.
@chrinist when your trackpad 'works', how well does it work? Do you have two-finger scrolling? any other gestures?
I'm debating between picking up a used UX305FA or one of these UHD UX305CA... I'd prefer the latter, but not sure I can live without two-finger scrolling.

Hi, I have multi finger and 3-4 finger control like a regular Mac does....however please be advised that unlike a regular Mac, when you're typing the trackpad temporarily turns off so your palms don't move the mouse on you. Palm rejection technology sort of. This doesn't have palm rejection so I occasionally hit the trackpad when typing which is annoying at times lol.

Also, the voodooi2c.kext is still in its infancy so there are various issues I am still dealing with like my sleep isn't perfect like it used to be. Now, sometimes my sleep is intermittent. Also, every 3-4 times that I do put my laptop to sleep, when I wake it, the track pad doesnt work and the Internet doesn't work so I have to reboot the laptop to get everything working again. It's not perfect but I just deal with it. I still prefer a USB mouse over the trackpad but it's nice to have a backup if I need it. Again, this is all because of the voodooi2c.kext. When I remove it, these issues go away and my computer works fine with the exception of the trackpad.

Just be aware that it, at this time, won't work as well as the ps2 version trackpad some other laptops have. If this is going to be an issue then stay away from the ux305ca laptop. For me, I just deal with it.

I was also able to get Sierra booting on this laptop but I got tired of various issues and have been so busy with school so I just went back to El Capitan. Maybe later when I have more time I'll update the guide to show how I installed Sierra but for now El Capitan works great for me.

Hi, I have multi finger and 3-4 finger control like a regular Mac does....however please be advised that unlike a regular Mac, when you're typing the trackpad temporarily turns off so your palms don't move the mouse on you. Palm rejection technology sort of. This doesn't have palm rejection so I occasionally hit the trackpad when typing which is annoying at times lol.

Also, the voodooi2c.kext is still in its infancy so there are various issues I am still dealing with like my sleep isn't perfect like it used to be. Now, sometimes my sleep is intermittent. Also, every 3-4 times that I do put my laptop to sleep, when I wake it, the track pad doesnt work and the Internet doesn't work so I have to reboot the laptop to get everything working again. It's not perfect but I just deal with it. I still prefer a USB mouse over the trackpad but it's nice to have a backup if I need it. Again, this is all because of the voodooi2c.kext. When I remove it, these issues go away and my computer works fine with the exception of the trackpad.

Just be aware that it, at this time, won't work as well as the ps2 version trackpad some other laptops have. If this is going to be an issue then stay away from the ux305ca laptop. For me, I just deal with it.

I was also able to get Sierra booting on this laptop but I got tired of various issues and have been so busy with school so I just went back to El Capitan. Maybe later when I have more time I'll update the guide to show how I installed Sierra but for now El Capitan works great for me.

So i managed to work things out.. I installed it to a usb just for testing...some of the patches dsdt patches do not work and give me kernel panics..So I only applied the brightness and battery fix...The weird thing is that my trackpad works without the dsdt patch with voodooI2C only..But no multifinder touch..Is there a way to fix this?
Laptop model UX305CA-FB055T

So i managed to work things out.. I installed it to a usb just for testing...some of the patches dsdt patches do not work and give me kernel panics..So I only applied the brightness and battery fix...The weird thing is that my trackpad works without the dsdt patch with voodooI2C only..But no multifinder touch..Is there a way to fix this?
Laptop model UX305CA-FB055T

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
("Personal Details" link from "profile menu" in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
("Personal Details" link from "profile menu" in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

ASUS UX305CA-FB055T
Intel Core m7 6Y75
Intel HD Graphics 515
3200x1800

Clover UEFI

some of the patches dsdt patches do not work and give me kernel panics..

Make sure you read the ACPI patching guide (and post #1) carefully.

Make sure you read the ACPI patching guide (and post #1) carefully.

I applied the patches for the touchpad in .dsl and saved as binary aml with no compiling errors then I got panics on boot. I tried it multiple times and end up with panics. Trackpad works but no multifinger touch with only voodooI2C.kext. I only get tapping

I applied the patches for the touchpad in .dsl and saved as binary aml with no compiling errors then I got panics on boot. I tried it multiple times and end up with panics. Trackpad works but no multifinger touch with only voodooI2C.kext. I only get tapping

Keep in mind I2C is a work in progress...
Sounds like it is not the patches themselves causing the problem, but rather the kexts that load because of the patches you applied.

Impossible to provide any advice with the lack of detail though... You will need to provide detailed information on the problem (eg. photos of the panic, EFI/Clover, kexts you installed, etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back