Contribute
Register

[Guide] Asus UX305CA UHD

Status
Not open for further replies.
was anyone able to get sleep working?

I have had no issues getting sleep to work on my laptop....however, two other people that own this laptop can not get sleep to work....

We determined the fact that even though we both had the same laptops, it appears they were created for different regions like Canada and Europe. I don't remember all the serial numbers that went with each laptop but mine was different from theirs.

They have no problems getting their I2C trackpad working, and I still can figure out the I2C trackpad...again, we looked at each others DSDT and they were slightly different.

This is why you need to learn how to patch your own DSDT and SSDT so you won't have issues even though you might think you have the same laptop...

Also how would I go about using the VoodoooI2C, I cant seem to find a guide on how to

This is the person who was working on the Skylake edition I2C trackpad. Not sure what progress has been made on it lately.
Google the below name and it will take you to the GitHub website.
maximevince/VoodooI2CPCI

Just wanted to thank you guys. I followed the guides and have now perfectly usable El Capitan on my UX305CA UHD.

The only problem I have now is bluetooth, usb and touchpad will stop working after waking up from sleep. If the sleep time is short, then only touchpad dies. However if longer bluetooth and USB port will be gone too.

Not sure if the problem is because that I only patched the DSDT file. I am still trying to figure out what I need to do with the SSDT files.

Just wanted to thank you guys. I followed the guides and have now perfectly usable El Capitan on my UX305CA UHD.

The only problem I have now is bluetooth, usb and touchpad will stop working after waking up from sleep. If the sleep time is short, then only touchpad dies. However if longer bluetooth and USB port will be gone too.

Not sure if the problem is because that I only patched the DSDT file. I am still trying to figure out what I need to do with the SSDT files.

Did you manage to get Wifi and the trackpad working? Just wondering if these two things work as thats whats stopping me from trying this out now!

Did you manage to get Wifi and the trackpad working? Just wondering if these two things work as thats whats stopping me from trying this out now!
Read my first post again. I explain how to get the trackpad working.

So your UX305CA is now perfectly working?
Well, not quite. My trackpad works randomly after after sleep. Sometimes it will work after sleep and sometimes not. Again, the VoodooI2C.kext is in its infancy and there are only a couple of developers currently working on it.

I am hoping Rehabman will get a new laptop and help in building a VoodooI2C.kext or whatever he wants to call it.

Last edited:
First thank OP for your guide, it helped me A LOT to patch my DSDT for my asus UX330UA as it seems to be quit similar.
All work except touchpad. I don't get what maxime vince by "I removed an IF condition".
It means just copy paste the patch in maciasl is not enough ? Could you explain the procedure in MacIASL ? :)

First thank OP for your guide, it helped me A LOT to patch my DSDT for my asus UX330UA as it seems to be quit similar.
All work except touchpad. I don't get what maxime vince by "I removed an IF condition".
It means just copy paste the patch in maciasl is not enough ? Could you explain the procedure in MacIASL ? :)
You would need to ask Maxime on that one. He and I have the same laptop so it was easy to find the IF statement and remove it. With your DSDT, it will be different since its a different laptop so I am not sure what IF statements (if any) will need to be removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK :) Actually I did use the kext from Alexandred but the kext recogconize my I2C controler however there is no trackpad input :( + I have to change a value is the kext for having no KP. Before maxime vincent's kext worked but now no longer. I wanted to give it a try with your guide by anyway...
thank ! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back