Contribute
Register

Guide: ASUS P8Z77-I with i5 3570K + Mountain Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, me again. the DSDT edits totally borked things. Upon booting with -v, I get a repeated "invalid character in Porcessor OP" and then addresses and what seems like it could go on for a very long time. Removing the DSDT allows me to boot, but of course and sadly w/o working HDMI audio...I guess its those two line I cant find to delete? we have pretty much identical systems: P8Z77-I, 3770K, and GTX680...everything else is working super good (i dont really care too much for sleep) but the audio would be great. any tips on what went wrong?

OK, and back again. I managed to get working HDMI Audio out (woot) sleep kind of works. Everything sleeps, but I have ot re-plug my USB keyboard/mouse upon wakeup for it to be recognized. pretty stoked. Havent messed with bluetooth stuff at all.

for those of you who can't find the lines to delete from the DSDT editor, I found them BEFORE I applied the patches and then I did them in the order going bald listed them in the first post of this thread. voila.

OK, and back again. I managed to get working HDMI Audio out (woot) sleep kind of works. Everything sleeps, but I have ot re-plug my USB keyboard/mouse upon wakeup for it to be recognized. pretty stoked. Havent messed with bluetooth stuff at all.

for those of you who can't find the lines to delete from the DSDT editor, I found them BEFORE I applied the patches and then I did them in the order going bald listed them in the first post of this thread. voila.

toleda and I went back and forth with the DSDT for this board several times. For some reason the same DSDT I use everything works with the i5 3570, but toleda had problems with sleep with the i7 3770 - identical boards, same BIOS, only difference was the CPU.
Haven't heard if toleda ever got it straightened out for the i7.

As for bluetooth, best to go ahead and get the same one the laptop users are using or get a dongle. The half height miniPCIe card that came with the board would work as BT with some kext work and adding device ID to the .plists, but it had to be activated in Windows and then warm rebooted to work. If you did a cold boot to OS X, it didn't work. One of the reasons I went ahead and replaced it with a WiFi card.

I really need help getting audio to work. Do I edit dtst & place on desktop before running multibewst 1st time. Or I'd it multibeast them patch. Thanks

I originally got the GA-Z77N-WIFI per Tony's recipe but I'm not entirely happy with its overclocking. It seems to have a pretty hard limit at 4.4Ghz due to weak voltage support. I'm thinking about switching it for the Asus P8Z77-i but my experience with Asus compatibility has been so so and I swore on my next build I'd just go with Gigabyte to make things easier.

So the decision is really simplicity and a better community for the Gigabyte vs performance on the Asus. It's a tough call ;-)

The question then is how difficult is it to get everything working on the Asus (including audio which has been the biggest issue on my P8P67)??

-J

I originally got the GA-Z77N-WIFI per Tony's recipe but I'm not entirely happy with its overclocking. It seems to have a pretty hard limit at 4.4Ghz due to weak voltage support. I'm thinking about switching it for the Asus P8Z77-i but my experience with Asus compatibility has been so so and I swore on my next build I'd just go with Gigabyte to make things easier.

So the decision is really simplicity and a better community for the Gigabyte vs performance on the Asus. It's a tough call ;-)

The question then is how difficult is it to get everything working on the Asus (including audio which has been the biggest issue on my P8P67)??

-J

On the ITX board, it wasn't any harder than on a GA board. You don't even need a DSDT if you don't mind sleep not working. Toleda and I went through some extensive testing and trying different things and we finally came up with a fix that worked for the i5, but the same DSDT edits would not work with the i7. Haven't heard if he ever found a fix.

Just follow this guide and you will be fine.

Guys, could someone check if usb charging works while computer is turned off? I know that motherboard has this option, but all the usb ports are not charging my phone while the rig is turned down. The option is turned on in bios.

Thanks

USB charging works when I shutting down from Windows 7, but when I shutting down the ML – it does not work. Why?

Hello, i'm french, sorry for my english.

I have a P8Z77-I Deluxe with i5 2500K and i don't have the HDMI audio with an Asus GTX560Ti

I Have the modified BIOS and the DSDT Edit with your patch.

I see HDMI audio in "About this mac" but not in sound preference

Can you help me?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back