Contribute
Register

Guide: ASUS P7P55 LX - i5 660 Build Retail Mac + WINDOWS

Status
Not open for further replies.
what would i do if i wanted to install windows on a different harddrive?

Is there a reason why you used iBoot Legacy as opposed to regular iBoot? I have the same mobo and have been trying to get my install working for a couple of months to no avail.

Would this install be the same for the Asus P7P55D-E LX LGA 1156 P55 mobo? I'm going to use an i5-760 with it.

redlightning7 said:
Would this install be the same for the Asus P7P55D-E LX LGA 1156 P55 mobo? I'm going to use an i5-760 with it.

need to use DSDT for your MB and be sure that network, audio and graphic are the same. If not, this kexts need to be based on your real HW.

Hello,
Super tutorial! I successfully installed Mac OS X Leopard 10.6.3, I did the update with Multibeast EasyBeast (10.6.8). But I can not start normally, I use the-x PCIRootUID = 1. How can i start the PC normally?

Asus P7P55LX
i5 [email protected] GHZ
12 GB RAM (2x4 + 2x2) @ 1333 MHZ
HD 5770 Vapor-x
2HDD:
1. 1TB -> Windows 7 64
2. 200 GB -> Mac OS X

My 12 gb of ram works!

Sorry for my bad englais, I am Belgian

greetings,

Denstieven

denstieven said:
Hello,
Super tutorial! I successfully installed Mac OS X Leopard 10.6.3, I did the update with Multibeast EasyBeast (10.6.8). But I can not start normally, I use the-x PCIRootUID = 1. How can i start the PC normally?

Asus P7P55LX
i5 [email protected] GHZ
HD 5770 Vapor-x
2HDD:
1. 1TB -> Windows 7 64
2. 200 GB -> Mac OS X

My 12 gb of ram works!

Boot it as You can. Type PCIRootUID=1, without x.
Download latest multibeast and instal ATI drivers.

This should solve your problem.

Cheers

greetings,

Denstieven

insomnia said:
denstieven said:
Hello,

Asus P7P55LX
i5 [email protected] GHZ
HD 5770 Vapor-x
2HDD:
1. 1TB -> Windows 7 64
2. 200 GB -> Mac OS X

My 12 gb of ram works!

Cheers

greetings,

Denstieven
Hi insomnia,

I updated with the latest Multibeast, I tried to start with 'PCIRootUID = 1' without-x -> CPU - PANIC. Now I use my iBoot CD, that works very well, but only 4 GB of RAM. I do not know where is the problem ... You advise me to another bootloader?

denstieven said:
insomnia said:
denstieven said:
Hello,

Asus P7P55LX
i5 [email protected] GHZ
HD 5770 Vapor-x
2HDD:
1. 1TB -> Windows 7 64
2. 200 GB -> Mac OS X

My 12 gb of ram works!

Cheers

greetings,

Denstieven
Hi insomnia,

I updated with the latest Multibeast, I tried to start with 'PCIRootUID = 1' without-x -> CPU - PANIC. Now I use my iBoot CD, that works very well, but only 4 GB of RAM. I do not know where is the problem ... You advise me to another bootloader?

No, this one is just fine.

When you run MultiBeast did you install Chimera v1.4 and 64-bit boot system for booting up properly? If not boot up with iBoot (command PCIRootUID is necessary always when you boot from iBoot), then install right ones!

Within installation process use 4GB of RAM only (use 2x2). When finish everything put back other 8GB.

insomnia said:
denstieven said:
insomnia said:
Hello,

Asus P7P55LX
i5 [email protected] GHZ
HD 5770 Vapor-x
2HDD:
1. 1TB -> Windows 7 64
2. 200 GB -> Mac OS X

My 12 gb of ram works!

Cheers

greetings,

Denstieven
Hi insomnia,

No, this one is just fine.

When you run MultiBeast did you install Chimera v1.4 and 64-bit boot system for booting up properly? If not boot up with iBoot (command PCIRootUID is necessary always when you boot from iBoot), then install right ones!

Within installation process use 4GB of RAM only (use 2x2). When finish everything put back other 8GB.
THANKS Insomnia!!! It Works! But still a problem to boot WIN7! When I boot from Windows 7, I have to change the settings in the BIOS, I think windows 7 is not compatible with AHCI mode. (Sorry that I answer so late, I'm on vacation and the internet connection is not good.)

denstieven said:
THANKS Insomnia!!! It Works! But still a problem to boot WIN7! When I boot from Windows 7, I have to change the settings in the BIOS, I think windows 7 is not compatible with AHCI mode. (Sorry that I answer so late, I'm on vacation and the internet connection is not good.)

OK!
Probably you install Win 7, and then Mac OS with changing SATA to AHCi mode.

So, 1st, go to BIOS, change settings to SATA and boot to Windows 7 OS.

Exit all Windows-based programs.
Click Start, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
If you receive the User Account Control dialog box, click Continue.
Locate and then click one of the following registry subkeys:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Msahci
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\IastorV
In the right pane, right-click Start in the Name column, and then click Modify.
In the Value data box, type 0, and then click OK.
On the File menu, click Exit to close Registry Editor.

restart, go to BIOS again, change setting to AHCI again, save it and now you should properly boot into both systems.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back