Contribute
Register

Guide: ASUS P7P55 LX - i5 660 Build Retail Mac + WINDOWS

Status
Not open for further replies.
magnitudo9 said:
I'm newbie... :beachball:
How can I boot in safe mode?

Press any key on Chameleon Screen when the computer starts up,write -x and hit enter.

Thanks for the support ... I finally managed to configure my Mac with Snow Leopard! Now I have another problem: sometimes, after I turned off the pc appears a gray screen and asks me to turn off the PC and I can only boot in safe mode. In this situation (safe mode) if I restart the PC, everything goes back to work properly. I also changed by installing a video card Asus Geforce 240GT but I have the same situation! Can you help please?
:beachball:

Due to the fact that I am on exams period,I won't be able to provide any support for about a month.As soon as I finish I will come back and expand on more PC Hardware Support.

Thank you! :)

hello
im a newbie to and my english isnt very well
my problem is if The Apple wallpaper is Ready with loading i get a Blackscreen Oo
and i cant Start install snowleopard :/
can somebody help me ??
and sorry for my Bad english ;)

burnerplaya said:
hello
im a newbie to and my english isnt very well
my problem is if The Apple wallpaper is Ready with loading i get a Blackscreen Oo
and i cant Start install snowleopard :/
can somebody help me ??
and sorry for my Bad english ;)

After iBoot loads, insert MAc OS install DVD, pres F5 to refresh. When install DVD shows up and before hit ENTER just start writing PCIRootUID=1 and command line will shows up.

Or to run in safe more type PCIRootUID=1 -x

megolas93 said:
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

asus.jpg
ati_logo.thumbnail.jpg
intel-icon.png
kingston_091015_125313_128.png
28786262.jpg
coolermaster01.png
LG.png

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello everyone,I'd like to share with you this guide on how to build and make the Computer(using the parts i bough which work very well) run Macintosh OS X Retail 10.6.7 and Windows 7. This build costed me 825 Euro and it's pretty good for games (and not only).

THE BUILD:

07826065abf9e04d8465281b6e6f096c.jpg

ASUS P7P55 LX

intel_i5_box.jpg

Intel Core i5 660 @ 3.33

msi-r4870-t2d1g-graphics-card-with-1gb-ddr5.jpg

MSI ATI Radeon HD 4870 1GB

9827_Kingston_HyperX_Blu_DDR3_4GB_2x_2GB_1600MHz_Dual_Channel_Memory_-_KHX1600C9AD3B1K2-4G_l.jpg

Kingston HyperX DDR3 4GB ( 2x2GB )

89997_seagatebarracudast3500320as.jpg

Seagate Barracuda 500GB

200861813434477475.jpg

Thermaltake Toughpower 850w

DVD-LG-DH16NS10.jpg

LG Optical Drive Sata DH16NS10

CASE.jpg

Coolermaster Elite 430 Black

I won't go any further on how you build the Computer but you can see a PC Building Series on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRe4G0al5Gw)

After you have everything ready we can proceed on the Installations.In order to install Snow Leopard on this Build we will need:

->iBoot Legacy burned to a CD( 1010110101/iBoot-Legacy.zip )

->Multibeast downloaded on a USB Disk/Drive/CD ( 1010110101/MultiBeast.zip )

->Combo Update 10.6.7 ( http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1361 )
->Our Motherboard's DSDT ( DSDT/Database/DSDT-ASUS-P7P55-LX-1102.aml )

[The links i gave are direct downloads.Note that if an updated version is released,the links might not work,You can find though what you need in the download section here ( viewforum.php?f=69/ ) and the DSDT Database here ( dsdt.php )]

BIOS SETTINGS

First you need to change your bios settings.Please follow the steps combined with the pictures below:

On the first BIOS screen, arrow down to the entry labeled Storage Configuration, hit Enter, and change "Configure SATA as" to AHCI. Press Escape once.
1pice.png

Now arrow over to the Power section and set Suspend Mode to S3 only.

21457084.png

MAC OS X INSTALLATION

1. Insert iBoot Legacy and press F8 to get to the boot menu.(Or previous on bios,arrow over to the Boot tab, hit Enter on Boot Device Priority, and set your first boot device to boot first from your DVD drive, then set your second boot device as your primary hard drive.)

2. At Chameleon Boot Screen,eject iBoot Legacy and insert the Snow Leopard retail disk.At this point press F5.

3. Then select the Snow Leopard Install DVD and boot in safe mode.You can do this by typing -x and then hit enter to enter the setup. After a couple of minutes you should be already at the Mac OS X Installation screen AKA Language Selection. If not try again same steps but this time at Chameleon try something like -x PciRoot=1 or -x PCIRootUID=1

4. Select the desired language and hit enter.Now at this point DO NOT hit continue.We need first to Partition our hard drive disk.To do that we must go up to the menu bar,Click Utilities and then Disk Utility.. Just like the screenshots below:

screenshot20110407at112g.png

screenshot20110407at112.png

Now you need to select your Hard drive from the list (left),then click on the partition tab and create 1 Partition if you want to install only Mac or 2 if you also want to install Windows.The MAC Partition has to be "Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and the Windows Partition has to be MS-DOT (FAT). ALSO you must click the options button and make sure GUID is selected.

25957662.png

76513744.png

60250338.png

Hit apply and exit Disk Utility...

5. Now we will Proceed with the Installation.Click next/continue until you reach the Disk Destination Selection.At the Disk Selection Screen click "Customize" on the left down corner of the Window.Deselect everything and hit Ok.Now Start the installation.

6. After the install finish,the computer will restart.At this point,insert iBoot Legacy again and press F8.Now at Chameleon Screen,select the hard disk partition named MAC or whatever you called it,it has to be the partition which contains the Mac OS Installation!! Write again the same flags you used before the installation and hit enter.

7.You will enter the last part of the installation where you have to fill some information and such things(Just like Windows install).Now you should be already inside Mac, congratulations :) But the critical part begins now.Insert the usb drive which has the ComboUpdate,Multibeast and our custom DSDT.Copy the P7P55LXDSDT.aml file and paste it on the desktop.Rename it to DSDT (do not change the .aml ,just the name) Then copy Combo Update and Multibeast to Documents.

8. Run the Combo Update.Wait few minutes until it is done.Then open multibeast and select according to the picture below... ( Since my ATI Worked out of the box i didn't select any Graphic Kexts. You should select though if your Graphics Card differs or if it isn't recognized by the system).

finalx.png

After Multibeast installation finish Lnx2Mac's install window will pop up.Follow the Lnx2Mac installation for the ethernet and when done restart the PC.

9. And that should be it,everything should be working now,you should have a good Mac Machine running! Have Fun!

WINDOWS

I used a 64-bit Version of Windows 7 because of the CPU and the Memory.

1. Insert your Windows Install DVD and press F8 when the Computer starts to get to the boot menu.Select the disk and wait for the installation to begin.

2. Now Select Language,Region and Keyboard and click next.Then Click the Customize option(if i'm correct) not the upgrade one.

3. What we have to do now is select the partition of the drive that we want to install windows in it. MAKE SURE YOU SELECT THE PROPER DISK AND NOT THE DISK WITH THE SNOW LEOPARD INSTALL OR ELSE YOU'RE SCREWED!!!Select the proper disk and click format to format it to NTFS otherwise windows can't be installed.Then the setup will go on...

4. Now you will enter the last part of Windows Installation where you have to fill some information.You should now be on Windows.Make sure you install the motherboard's DVD with all the drivers first and then do the updates.

5. Like my previous guide,in order to have the option to boot between Mac and Windows,i use a very nice freeware program i found on the internet.It's called EasyBCD,and you can find it here ( http://neosmart.net/downloads/software/ ... 02.0.2.exe )

6. Install it and open the program.You need to select "Add new entry" from left,then select the Mac tab then enter name "Mac" and select "MBR" in Mode.Finally click Add entry.Please Check image below:

file.php

And this is it.If you followed EXACTLY what I said you should have your machine running perfect and stable with Mac + Windows 7 in the same Hard Drive.

If this helped you say a "Thank You!" :)

For any further help send me a private message or post a reply here

Have fun and don't forget to support tonymacx86 for this amazing and easy method of installing Mac on a PC!

So, you done it! But, this is easiest part of Hackintosh configuration. You mentioned DSDT. This one isn't fully functional. I've got similar configuration to yours.

Shutdown, sleep, deepsleep, Multi core CPU support doesn't work.

And trust me, without DSDT my configuration works much better.

Sleep is still problem for now on 10.6.7

Also need to tell that I've made that any camera could work on mac via PhotoBoot.

Last edited by a moderator:
semtex said:
Great guide megolas93. Thanks for this.

Just a couple of points. If there are boot issues at the start, the boot prompt to use in Chameleon is:

-x PCIRootUID=1

Also, I've had success with the Voodoo 0.2.72 driver.

Regards

This version of VoodooHDA works for me too. But have you been successful with sound slider?

Ace guide. I have very similar specs.

I used -x PCIRootUID=1 to boot during the install.

THANKS ;)

Nils

first i want to thank you for this guide it's so helpfull :)

i have in my PC == p7p55 lx + i7 850 + 8gb (2gb 1333 x4) + ati hd 5800
so i followed u in every small steps but i have some troubles if you can help me please:
1- i start installing with 1 slot ram (2gb 1333) and when i fininsh installing and i want to add it all back (8gb) i have freezing in startup.
2- my audio device work but with heavy noise and i can't make it 5.1
3- i have PCI device for tv cable can i install it (SkyStar 2 tv)

thanks and again thanks for your guides :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back