Contribute
Register

[Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we expect another patch command shell file for 10.10.2 only?

Something like this installation process

Installation
Kext/binary patch
Download (View Raw) wireless_bcm94352-100_patch.command.zip
Double click Downloads/wireless_bcm94352-100_patch.command
Enter Password
Select patch
Handoff/BCM94352/US-FCC
Handoff/BCM94352/XT-ROW

Cool, so I basically did this in Clover, see screenshot.
Also the bcm4352.kext and bcrmPatchRAM.kext are in EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10 for what its worth.

I have 2.4Ghz WiFi and bluetooth working.
I don't however, have any 5Ghz support or Handoff.

Didn't really see the steps in Clover to do this, so it is possible that I missed something.

Check in system profiler to see what bluetooth firmware is loading and then under wifi. If you have more than the base 11 channels, 5Ghz is enabled.

FWIW, even on normal Macs, I don't always connect onto the 5Ghz stream automatically with my Airport Extreme router. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.

Check in system profiler to see what bluetooth firmware is loading and then under wifi. If you have more than the base 11 channels, 5Ghz is enabled.

FWIW, even on normal Macs, I don't always connect onto the 5Ghz stream automatically with my Airport Extreme router. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.

I can live without 5Ghz.
Handoff is not working, which is frustrating.

I can live without 5Ghz.
Handoff is not working, which is frustrating.

Did you do what I last asked you to in the previous post? What bluetooth firmware is loading and what channels are present for wifi?

I can't help you if you aren't willing to bring the information to the front.

Toleda, Understood.

Since this patch easily allows any country code:

For US: (Tested in 10.0.1 & 10.10.2)

Find: E8 51 0E 00 00 85 C0 74
Replace: 66 C7 06 55 53 90 90 EB
Country code bytes in bold

For US only it's maybe possible to do a single patch across many OS X versions.
I'll check that when I get home.

Update:

The existing patch on the first page overrides the XT or US settings with new settings for that country.
Obviously thats an regulatory breach as-is.

Since this patch does not replicate other region settings under XT, but actually allows the user to set his/her correct country code, it should be the some regulatory compliant.

Maybe prepare some script to generate an users correct country code in the patch?
That way it will be a regulatory compliant patch.

Someone here that has a BCM943224 HMS? I can't get Apple's own kext to load because of their whitelisting using BoardID's. When using MacBookAir5,2 (which Clover then generates the appropriate BoardID for) I can see it load during boot but hangs (since that product name is not compatible with my system), but when using MacBookPro8,3 it does't work at all, even though I've patched AirPort_Brcm4360's BoardID. Does anyone here know the answer? I've attached my config.plist in case someone wants to see this. I've been stuck for 2 days with this problem, any help is greatly appreciated! :)

Edit: Whoops, uploaded the wrong config file. See config backup.plist.

Attachments

• config.plist
    3.9 KB · Views: 212
  • Schermafbeelding 2015-02-06 om 23.51.36.png
    Schermafbeelding 2015-02-06 om 23.51.36.png
    265.5 KB · Views: 132
  • config backup.plist
    4.3 KB · Views: 226

My apologies, I did not include the requested information.
I have attached the screenshots of System Profile Bluetooth and WiFi items.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-02-06 at 9.02.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-02-06 at 9.02.21 PM.png
    99.7 KB · Views: 145
  • Screen Shot 2015-02-06 at 9.03.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-02-06 at 9.03.22 PM.png
    34.2 KB · Views: 129
Hi,
How do I edit the hex values for the 5GHz channels on 10.10.2. I have a BCM94352HMB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back