Contribute
Register

[Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Setting up a core i5 NUC (using WonkeyDonkey's thorough instructions: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...uide-intel-haswell-nuc-core-i5-d54250wyk.html).

Getting my AW-CE123H fully working has been a bit more of a challenge. Following toleda's instructions I got WiFi working pretty quickly (airport_ssdt_enabler method). Then applied Skv's 5ghz patch, so far so good. Patched the BT kext as per toleda's instructions in airpot_pcie-hm_plist_edits.pdf. BT showed up in Sys Prefs, but would not discover any devices reliably. Pairing wasn't happening either. Saw my Magic trackpad once, but could/would not Pair. Multiple reboots and deletes of /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist didn't help any.

Based on some other comments in this thread I added BTFirmwareUploader.kext v2.3 (from OS X Latitude). Now everything is working great. Discovery was immediate. Paired with my magic trackpad, no problem. Seems to wake from sleep with no issues. Just wanted to share what got in case anyone else runs into issues with discovery/pairing.

I'm happy to test out any alternatives, but I'm a happy camper with this setup.

Setting up a core i5 NUC (using WonkeyDonkey's thorough instructions: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...uide-intel-haswell-nuc-core-i5-d54250wyk.html).

Getting my AW-CE123H fully working has been a bit more of a challenge. Following toleda's instructions I got WiFi working pretty quickly (airport_ssdt_enabler method). Then applied Skv's 5ghz patch, so far so good. Patched the BT kext as per toleda's instructions in airpot_pcie-hm_plist_edits.pdf. BT showed up in Sys Prefs, but would not discover any devices reliably. Pairing wasn't happening either. Saw my Magic trackpad once, but could/would not Pair. Multiple reboots and deletes of /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist didn't help any.

Based on some other comments in this thread I added BTFirmwareUploader.kext v2.3 (from OS X Latitude). Now everything is working great. Discovery was immediate. Paired with my magic trackpad, no problem. Seems to wake from sleep with no issues. Just wanted to share what got in case anyone else runs into issues with discovery/pairing.

I'm happy to test out any alternatives, but I'm a happy camper with this setup.

Under USB Hub, do you have:

USB Product Name, String, BCM20702A0
idProduct, Number, 0x21fb
idVendor, Number, 0xa5c
USB Vendor Name, String, Broadcom Corp

If you do a base10 conversion, do you get:
8699 for idProduct
2652 or idVendor

Please let me know. Thanks. My Bluetooth kext won't load.

So i just got myBCM94352HMB . Amazingly everything worked out of the box , probably because of the kexts from pro book installer.

This wifi card supports 5ghz up to 867mbps. Right now is connected to 802.11g and only 54mbps. Since my router is linksys wireless-g 2.4ghz 54mbps is there any way to test if it works with 5ghz? Probably not right? Just wondering whether to apply the 5ghz patch or not
Why i can't connect with iPhone 4s on mavericks and can on windows ? I think the same happened with ar5b195

I would google iStumbler. It is a program that gives you information about the wireless network, including what's in the air around you. It will allow you to see if the 5Ghx is working, and if there is any 5Ghz around you. It's also a great tool to optimize your wireless network by allowing you to set the channels to reduce interference in your router.

I would google iStumbler. It is a program that gives you information about the wireless network, including what's in the air around you. It will allow you to see if the 5Ghx is working, and if there is any 5Ghz around you. It's also a great tool to optimize your wireless network by allowing you to set the channels to reduce interference in your router.
Well i cant seem to find any 5ghz around me . After applying the patch the only thing changed is thr number of channels are incresead

AR9285 Wifi not finding any signals...

Hello everyone !

I am becoming desperate here. I was hoping to find the solution by myself but I tried so many things that failed that, finally,I'm shouting for Help ! :)

I have bought an Atheros AR9285 Combo card, installed it, tried every single method I could find out there and only managed to get the BT working. The Wifi is ON but finds nothing at all...

Right now I left it with Toleda's SSDT injection, no other mods.

The card is working well in Linux but wont start either in Windows. apparently there is some kind of killswitch that prevents it from powering on. I was wondering if the reason why it doesnt work on MacOs could be related, but it looks like it is powering well.

My notebook is an ACER V5-471 and running 10.9.2. Everything else is running absolutely fine.

HEEEEEEEEEELP :)

THanks a lot guys, and thanks a lot for all the hard work for the Hackintosh community.

My Pcie card is bcm943225HMB.

vendor id :14e4
device id : a8d8
device name : bcm43224/5

This is not working.

How can i fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back