Contribute
Register

[Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to make the onboard wifi card of "p8z77-v deluxe" works in mavericks.
Read Post #1
Broadcom Device_IDs (Vendor_ID: 14e4)
3. Unsupported Device_ID
3a. 4359 - BCM943228 HMB/AzureWave AW-NB111H, 2.4/5 GHz, abgn, 2 stream, 300 Mbs + BT (4.0)​

Read Post #1
Broadcom Device_IDs (Vendor_ID: 14e4)
3. Unsupported Device_ID
3a. 4359 - BCM943228 HMB/AzureWave AW-NB111H, 2.4/5 GHz, abgn, 2 stream, 300 Mbs + BT (4.0)​

thx by the reply!

I saw it, but if the new kext is based in broadcom sources and it have support to 43228, and we can make the system recognize the wifi card, why it doesn't work?

It appears the [/COLOR]AirPortBrcm4360.kext is dervied from the open source Broadcom driver: brcm80211 - Linux Wireless. Broadcom says:
To be done for softmac driver
  • Add support for more chips, including (near term) BCM43227, BCM43228, and BCM4331. Support for additional new chips to follow.
Here.

Hello everyone.

So i have this card in my probook . Wifi and bluetooth worked out of the box (probably due to pbi? ) . I only applied the patch of 5ghz . I noticed that when power on my probook 4540s and get into mavericks and led of wifi is orange instead of white. When i get into desktop i can see my bluetooth and wifi on the taskbar enabled and working . When i first boot into windows the led is white and reboot into mavericks the led stays white . What does this mean ?

I'm asking because i want to order a logitech bluetooth mouse m557 and i'm afraid that it might not get detected .

Anyone else have this similar issue?

My bluetooth is not very reliable . I ordered a logitech m557 mouse and it pairs only sometimes , most of the times it doesn't . If it pairs and i sleep and then wake up the pointer is laggish . Anyone know what is wrong?? I really need some help here

Since no one has replied, I will UPDATE in a reply to my former post.

I have done the injection from scratch with no change in results. Wifi+BT work great in OS X 10.9.2, but Windows 7 SP1 will not find any networks nor devices, despite both working flawlessly prior to OS X injection.

This time around I have even performed the 5Ghz patch, which, I will add, greatly improved BT mouse performance when Wifi was under load (prior to the patch, interference on the 2.4Ghz channel caused the BT mouse to lag greatly). However, as I had suspected, this did not alter Windows 7's ability to see networks or devices (despite seeing both the current drivers for the card in Device Manager).

As this is my first build, am I simply missing something when it comes to dual-booting OS X and Windows, or is this particular issue limited to the use of a mini card such as this? In my searches on the forum, the only other post I've seen that has reported a similar issue is this, however there seems to be no solution on that thread nor the tomshardware thread linked within.

I would be grateful if anyone could at least set me in the right direction to resolving this issue.

Thanks again.
It seems i have the same issue. Bluetooth pairing with mouse works in osx/widows until you boot to another os. Then you have to re-pair the device and it os very troublesome. I tried atheros ar5b195 as well and same issue. Dual booting makes bluetooth unreliable. Any one else noticed this?

Hey Guys,
So I've got the BCM94352 HMB with the wifi working fully with 5GHz as well the only problem is now i cannot get the bluetooth to work it does not even appear in the system report despite having installed the bcm4352bt kext any idea why this would be?

Im using OSX 10.9.2 and my mobo is the GA-Z87X-UD7 TH, ill include my IOReg bellow, thanks for all the work you guys have already done on this the guide is incredibly well written :clap:

p.s. thanks for your help in advance

Rkool

View attachment Rkools IOReg.ioreg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back