Contribute
Register

[Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I bought an Azurewave AW-CE123H (BCM4352) for my Gateway NE56R49u and it works fine in windows, although bluetooth is never detected in Windows 8.1, but when I have the wifi card plugged in, working or not, OS X stutters like crazy like its out of sync and system profiler says "Processor Name: Intel Core i3, Processor Speed: 9.46 GHz." ( It's a 2.4GHz Core i3 3110M) Once in a while the system boots up fine, but if I reboot the computer it starts to stutter horribly again. Now I've tried the kext enablers and the dsdt edits at different times and it still stutters all the same, so I wonder if anyone else has experienced this problem, or will this card just never work correctly on my laptop in OS X? I attached the ioreg and a copy of my dsdt with the wifi dsdt edit. Thanks

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    47.7 KB · Views: 125
  • MacBook Air_jackedup.ioreg
    1.4 MB · Views: 116
This guide was excellent. I was able to get both Wifi and BT working on my Broadcom 94352 utilizing the kext enabler injection method and the bcm4352.kext. At first only Wifi worked, but after restarting with my BT dongle, pairing my BT mouse, then restarting again without the dongle, BT on the PCIe Half Mini card was flawless (the signal line of sight is much better than with the dongle).

The only real issue I've been unable to resolve is that when I boot into Windows 7 (I have dual boot utilizing separate SSDs), BT and Wifi are completely broken. Has anyone else experienced this and, if so, does anyone have a solution?

Thanks

UPDATE: Shut down late last night, and decided to boot into Windows 7 to run a few stress tests this morning. Low and behold, Wifi & BT we're working perfectly fine in Windows. Awesome. However, I then restarted into OS X and had to re-pair my BT mouse. I hadn't had to re-pair since injecting the kext so I felt I should check Windows again. Restarted into Windows and Wifi/BT were dead again. What could be causing this? Does the card stay locked to one OS until the system is shut down for an extended period? And if so, why/how?

Since no one has replied, I will UPDATE in a reply to my former post.

I have done the injection from scratch with no change in results. Wifi+BT work great in OS X 10.9.2, but Windows 7 SP1 will not find any networks nor devices, despite both working flawlessly prior to OS X injection.

This time around I have even performed the 5Ghz patch, which, I will add, greatly improved BT mouse performance when Wifi was under load (prior to the patch, interference on the 2.4Ghz channel caused the BT mouse to lag greatly). However, as I had suspected, this did not alter Windows 7's ability to see networks or devices (despite seeing both the current drivers for the card in Device Manager).

As this is my first build, am I simply missing something when it comes to dual-booting OS X and Windows, or is this particular issue limited to the use of a mini card such as this? In my searches on the forum, the only other post I've seen that has reported a similar issue is this, however there seems to be no solution on that thread nor the tomshardware thread linked within.

I would be grateful if anyone could at least set me in the right direction to resolving this issue.

Thanks again.

Is it true that the patch from this post :

http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2-25.html#post772083

changes your locale to fcc and coutrny code to us?

Yes. patch changes your locale and coutrny code...

By default, AzureWave AW-CE123 contains in eeprom memory country code = XT.
In drivers AirPortBrcm4360, this regional code XT is contained in the list of countries that can not use the 5 GHz band.

Idea of ​​my patch - remove the country XT from the list of exceptions.

Patch (01 58 54 -> 01 58 58) - rename "XT" to "XX" in driver (Instead XX can any characters)
This fix resets the country on the driver to base value - US. Because of what appears 5 GHz range.

How can this be avoided?
What does it do?

[video=youtube_share;sksWYmswovk]http://youtu.be/sksWYmswovk[/video]​

here is a video to demonstrate the stuttering when I enable the 5GHz in OS X only, the bluetooth is never detected, no matter what I do, not even in windows. As I've said before the dsdt edit or kext enablers all do the same for me. To fix this stuttering I keep having to reboot it and after a few times it boots up with no issues and the cpu speed is back to 2.39GHz. Would it just be best for me to return this card, and use my old dell wireless card without bluetooth? Thanks.

Hello I managed to enable the vanilla IO80211Family kext using dsdt method but there is an issue when my system wake from sleep the wifi connection will be disconnected.
I attempted to change the declaration value inside the scope of Name (_PRW, Package (0x02) from 0x09,0x04 to 0x0B, 0x05 based from here http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1416 but still no effect since I'm just a neophyte in ACPI programming especially dsdt injection is there any way that could fix it? Or any suggestion about it... thanks

DcsXw.png

Attachments

• myIORegDump.ioreg.txt.zip
    19.4 KB · Views: 85
  • list_PCI.txt.zip
    4.1 KB · Views: 107
  • dsdt.aml.zip
    17.2 KB · Views: 109
Hi!
I got the Combocard shipped with the GA-Z87X-UD5 TH working.
In BIOS I set XHCI HandOff and EHCI HandOff enabled. XHCI Auto (before was SmartAuto).

Everything is fine except Sleep. It goes to sleep well but wakes automatic after 2 seconds.
Before Sleep was fine. It seems to relate to the ComboCard.

Konsole says:
22.03.14 06:57:01,000 kernel[0]: Wake reason: XHC
22.03.14 06:57:01,000 kernel[0]: Previous Sleep Cause: 5
22.03.14 06:57:01,000 kernel[0]: The USB device BCM20702A0 (Port 4 of Hub at 0x14000000) may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup (2)
22.03.14 06:57:01,000 kernel[0]: The USB device HubDevice (Port 6 of Hub at 0x15000000) may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup (1)

WOL enabled/disabled makes no different :(

Someone with the same board here?
Someone can help?

Yes. patch changes your locale and coutrny code...

By default, AzureWave AW-CE123 contains in eeprom memory country code = XT.
In drivers AirPortBrcm4360, this regional code XT is contained in the list of countries that can not use the 5 GHz band.

Idea of ​​my patch - remove the country XT from the list of exceptions.

Patch (01 58 54 -> 01 58 58) - rename "XT" to "XX" in driver (Instead XX can any characters)
This fix resets the country on the driver to base value - US. Because of what appears 5 GHz range.

What does it do?

So it can't be changed to another locale to make it work ? Only US locale will work with 5ghz?

It seems some members are having issues with wifi/bt detected networks in windows 8 . Is this a general issue or it has to be changed the locale as well in windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back