Contribute
Register

[Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spent the last four hours trying to get bluetooth up and running on my BCM94352 HMB/AzureWave AW-CE123H, really stuck here. Wifi is working great off the ssdt edit and 5GHZ patch, so much thanks for that!

I've tried installing both bcm4352bt, and bcm4352. I've tried patching IOBluetoothFamily's broadcom kext with my device and vendor IDs, and I've tried all three in various combinations. I've also tried using the BTfirmwareUploader kext but with no results.

Right now, I've got the vanilla 10.9.2 IOBluetoothFamily Kext and the BCM4352bt and bcm4352 installed, system doesn't even recognize that bluetooth is installed (does show up under USB in system profiler, but bluetooth does not appear in system preferences).

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• ioreg.iore.ioreg
    3 MB · Views: 152
Thanks for the reply. I've tried each one individually but Bluetooth still wasn't poping up in system preferences. Do I need to be editing the iobluetoothfamily kext or is the purpose of the helper kext to make sure the vanilla kext loads?

Do I need to be editing the iobluetoothfamily kext or is the purpose of the helper kext to make sure the vanilla kext loads?
On injection technique at a time. To try another technique, remove the previous injection.

Ok. I've been doing that, although I might go back and try each one again to check my work here.

Is the expected behavior for that card that using ssdt injection for wifi, I would only need to add bcm4352bt to an otherwise vanilla system and have it work? I've tried that and verified that the helper kext is being loaded but no dice...

I have one attached to my earlier post, can repost it again when I get back to my system.

ioreg attached. Thanks for helping me out!

Attachments

• ioreg.iore.ioreg
    3 MB · Views: 134
So, just an update.

Was able to get bluetooth to be recognized in system prefs and system profiler by manually editing the vendor and product IDs in the native IOBluetoothFamily kext. HOWEVER, the system DOES NOT see any known good bluetooth devices. I've tried tinkering with my XHCI and EHCI bios settings but to be honest i'm not really sure what those should be either, I'm on a Gigabyte Z87n-wifi, and the default option is "smart auto."

I have an IOGear USB bluetooth adapter, but the connection is very poor with my magic trackpad, the tracking appears to go off after a few minutes (definitely not an issue with the trackpad, works great on an iMac).

ioreg attached
IOReg shows the correct device and vendor ids, included in bcm4352bt.kext. BT is not recognized. Suggest a clean installed with the only the bcm4352bt.kext installed. Reply with new IOReg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back