Contribute
Register

[Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
just received an HP BCM943225 HMB and installed it.

Using the SSDT method, I was able to get it working.

Is it possible to enable the on/off switch in sysprefs/bluetooth without editing the plist in IOBluetoothFamily.kext? meaning, is there a SSDT,DSDT or kext enabler mod that I can do to achieve this? Purpose is to survive upgrades.

What SSDT method?

Is it possible to enable the on/off switch in sysprefs/bluetooth without editing the plist in IOBluetoothFamily.kext? meaning, is there a SSDT,DSDT or kext enabler mod that I can do to achieve this? Purpose is to survive upgrades.
No. No.

just received an HP BCM943225 HMB and installed it.

Using the SSDT method, I was able to get it working.

Use a codeless kext instead (aka injector kext). It is not possible to remap IDs for USB using DSDT.

I have my card recognized, and i can see my wireless network. But when i type in the network password, it instantly says "connection failed".

How do i work around this?

Atheros AR8B95

- Mathias

I have my card recognized, and i can see my wireless network. But when i type in the network password, it instantly says "connection failed".

How do i work around this?

Atheros AR8B95

- Mathias

What is the device ID? Use DPCIManager to find out.

Toleda,

With 4 alternatives to recognize a BCM4352, I am lost. I did manage to get the BT working previously but with a fresh install, which of the 4 approaches should I use - or all 4? The PBI itself does not get the BT to work (BCM94322x patch).

I vaguely recall I should use the BCM4352.kext alone, but I want to get it right and not do more than I need to.

Thanks for any advice.

Toleda,

With 4 alternatives to recognize a BCM4352, I am lost. I did manage to get the BT working previously but with a fresh install, which of the 4 approaches should I use - or all 4? The PBI itself does not get the BT to work (BCM94322x patch).

I vaguely recall I should use the BCM4352.kext alone, but I want to get it right and not do more than I need to.

Thanks for any advice.
OK, got it working with just the BCM4352.kext alone.

Funny (using Clover install), I can't find the Kext Wizard in Launchpad, I had to use Kext Utility instead!

BLUETOOTH BCM94352/AW-CE123H

Please note AW not AE (I have only just noticed this).

I have the above card, and have managed to get it working reasonably well.

Wifi is perfect.

Bluetooth is temperamental (connected once, will not again).

Maybe there is a subtlety between AW and AE (the latter in this thread).

I have used BCM4352.kext so far - which I get the impression is ALL that is needed.

Am I missing something, do I need to do something else? Anyone could help please?

It is not seen as a PCI in System Information but is seen as a BT device, vendor 0x13d3, product ID 0x3404. One way I have thought of doing things is to edit the ioProduct & ioVendor in the info.plist, but even then it will have been the first time I would have done this, the file is locked and is signed by Aple, so I guess there will be more to it than that. Further, there are other hex pairs that differ.

There is a BTFirmwareUploader1.2.kext around; this seems to be BT only and will not wake after sleep, so I am hoping someone here can help. Further, I do not know if it is feasible to use the Airport and BT fixes together, rather than as the one integrated shot in BCM4352.kext.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back