Contribute
Register

[Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just tried to boot with a Linux thumbdrive and did an lspci and didn't see Bluetooth either, but wifi was listed.
I don't have the antenna connected (I didn't realise it used MHF4 connectors), but that shouldn't matter, right? I can get wifi connection if I sit next to the access point.
I don't need a USB connector for the laptop, do I? There is nowhere to connect anyway.

Bluetooth is not on PCIe. Not expected in lspci output.

Hi all, need some help. I found this thread while researching how to get my TP-Link 1750 pci adapter work, I'm getting 2 mbps up/ down in OSX, but 20 up/down in windows (which requires drivers) on the same machine... Was wondering if any of these kext files would help my situation out? I've been researching for weeks now and I'm at a loss for where to go from here...

If anyone has any experience please let me know, thanks :)

EDIT: I'm on Yosemite (clover)

Last edited:
I don't see it in lsusb either. Checked bios, there is nothing interesting there. I tried Windows too it does not show up in device manager. Bad chip?

I just tried to boot with a Linux thumbdrive and did an lspci and didn't see Bluetooth either, but wifi was listed.
I don't have the antenna connected (I didn't realise it used MHF4 connectors), but that shouldn't matter, right? I can get wifi connection if I sit next to the access point.
I don't need a USB connector for the laptop, do I? There is nowhere to connect anyway.

I don't see it in lsusb either. Checked bios, there is nothing interesting there. I tried Windows too it does not show up in device manager. Bad chip?

If the hardware is not working in Windows and is not visible on the USB bus in any Windows/Linux, probably defective hardware, or bluetooth disabled in BIOS.

BCM94352 requirements:
- FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Fake-PCI-ID. Install with Kext Wizard to /S/L/E.
- BrcmPatchRAM: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM. Read the README carefully.
- 5Ghz patch for WiFi documented here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html. Use Clover config.plist based patch.
- handoff patch for bluetooth documented here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html. Use Clover config.plist based patch.

Hint: You'll be installing four kexts and two patches.

For the fakePCIID, is there anything I need to worry about with the intel kexts or do I just ignore those?

Next, after I've got the PCID kext(s, FAKEPCIID & broadcom_wifi) -do I use Repo or Firmwaredata for the RAMPatch? I am using Clover.

Finally, how do I apply the patches? Please don't just point me to the article; I'm sorry but I'm having a tough time trying to read through that documentation, and usually I'm good at this kind of stuff. How do I do the patches?

For Step 4.3, can someone please elaborate on "edit the config.plist file"? Mac OSX is booting just fine with the USB in but I took the USB out and tried rebooting and got some really funky terminal with binary codes and an apple sign, and it said Mac Version: not known yet. Was it because I didn't edit the config.plist, and if so, how can I fix it?

For Step 4.3, can someone please elaborate on "edit the config.plist file"? Mac OSX is booting just fine with the USB in but I took the USB out and tried rebooting and got some really funky terminal with binary codes and an apple sign, and it said Mac Version: not known yet. Was it because I didn't edit the config.plist, and if so, how can I fix it?

If you look at the notes it says to use a pre-configured plist you can download at the bottom of the page.

I recommend using the standard version and remove your graphics card(s) and setup with integrated graphics. Once setup, you can add the card after you are sure your system boots fine.

Or do as I did and copy the plist from your USB drive if that boots you up. Maybe use the USB kexts as well. the networking anyway so you can get online and I think the FakeSMC is required as well.

Good luck.

Also, boot with the -v flag so you get better printouts of what's going on.

For the fakePCIID, is there anything I need to worry about with the intel kexts or do I just ignore those?

All kexts in the FakePCIID distribution ZIP are documented in the FakePCIID README.

Next, after I've got the PCID kext(s, FAKEPCIID & broadcom_wifi) -do I use Repo or Firmwaredata for the RAMPatch? I am using Clover.

Your choice. BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext is the most efficient.

Finally, how do I apply the patches? Please don't just point me to the article; I'm sorry but I'm having a tough time trying to read through that documentation, and usually I'm good at this kind of stuff. How do I do the patches?

You can use copy/paste from the provided plist into your own config.plist.

I'm going to build my customac using the Gigabyte GA-Z97N-Wifi and would like native wifi & bluetooth (handoff/continuity) support. Should I replace the built in wifi/bluetooth card with the AzureWave Broadcom BCM94352HMB or the AzureWave Broadcom BCM94360HMB??? I'm a bit confused and not sure if any of those will actually work with El Capitan at the moment.

Can anyone offer any advise/suggestions?

So do I have to copy that plist into EFI/EFI/Clover?

(The reason I'm confused is I copied it to the USB and that's how I got it to boot so I thought it copied it to the Hackintosh during install or something)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back