Contribute
Register

[Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
i cannot get the bluetooth to work it does not even appear in the system report despite having installed the bcm4352bt kext any idea why this would be?
No sign of USB/Broadcom BT in IOReg. Why is GenericUSBXHCI.kext installed?

I have been banging my head against the wall over this problem for a few days, and now I think it's time I asked for some help.

I purchased an AzureWave AW-CE123H (Broadcom BCM94352 HMB) ac Wifi/BT card. I slapped it on a Mini PCIe to PCIe adapter and stuck it in my Hack. The mPCIe to PCIe adapter I bought came with a cable to connect to a USB header on the motherboard, which I connected (my understanding is that this combo card actually carries Bluetooth over USB, not over the PCIe bus, so this connection is necessary. Is this correct? Or did I pay way too much for the mPCIe to PCIe adapter I bought because I wanted to make sure it had the USB header on board?)

After following the directions both here and elsewhere, I got it working on my Wifi 802.11ac network. But I can't seem to get the Bluetooth side of things to even be recognized no matter what I try, except for this - the Bluetooth chip does seem to show up on USB, but is reported as "Unknown (Device has not been configured)":

SysInfoUSB-1.pngSysInfoUSB-2.png

There's one more minor weird thing too, which I'll mention in passing: in System Information, under "PCI Cards", it is listed for some bizarre reason as a "Dell Wireless 1395" - WTF?

SysInfoDellWireless.png

So here are the details:

SYSTEM INFO:

• Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 w/ hybrid UEFI BIOS U1d
  • Intel Core i5-2500
  • 16GB RAM
  • nVidia GT640 graphics
  • Mavericks 10.9.2
  • Clover bootloader (I'll add that I'm a Clover neophyte, I just climbed that steep learning curve a few days ago)

INSTALLATION PROCEDURE:
As I'm booting pure EFI, I do not have a DSDT, nor do I have an SSDT (as I'm having Clover generate that for me). Therefore, I essentially used toleda's kext patching method, though I used the patcher scripts found here rather than editing the Info.plist files manually:
http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1916-the-perfect-mini-pcie-wifi-and-bluetooth-combo-card-for-notebooks/, as well as the Bluetooth Firmware Uploader kext from this link: http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2925-bluetooth-firmware-uploader/ (though since Bluetooth on this card isn't even trying to work yet I'm still using my trusty old IOGear GBU521).

DIAGNOSTIC FILES:
IOReg and IOJones dumps are both attached (zipped up together). There's nothing very interesting in the Console regarding Bluetooth - just some messages related to Bluetooth (the IOGear GBU521) reconnecting after my system woke from sleep. Screen shots from System Information and DCPIManager are also attached. And of course my Clover config.plist and boot.log.

ANY help you can possibly provide will be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Attachments

• DCPIMgrStatus.png
    DCPIMgrStatus.png
    143.5 KB · Views: 112
  • SysInfoBluetooth.jpg
    SysInfoBluetooth.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 141
  • IORegJones.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 77
  • config.plist
    7.5 KB · Views: 189
  • boot.log
    27.6 KB · Views: 107
Hey again guys, from looking at what you've said I seem to be in similar situation as nobodynose with my BCM94352 HMB except my mPCIe to PCIe adapter does not have a USB header although i have one available to me do i need to use it? i wasn't aware that it requited a USB connection if so. I've removed GenericUSBXHCI.kext now, not really sure why that was there but it doesn't seem to have effected anything as i am still unable to see any sign of bluetooth in system information. any ideas now all this help is massively appreciated as I'm so close to a perfect build and this would be the final thing.

once again I'm using 10.9.2 and my System information is:
Mobo: GAGA-Z87X-UD7 TH
Processor: i7 4770k
Ram: 16GB
Graphics:EVGA 460GTX
Bootloader: Chimera v2.2.1

I'm installing it via the kext method as I'm using a DSDT free installation

Once again many thanks

Rkool

p.s. bellow is my current IOReg as of 10:30 BST 16-04-14
View attachment Rkool's IOReg 16-04-14.ioreg

Ok so feeling a little silly but still not fixed the problem with my BCM94352 HMB, i swapped mPCIe to PCIe converters to the one which has a USB connector, so i am now able to see it in system information:

Screen Shot 2014-04-16 at 12.53.56.png

but its not coming up as a Bluetooth device and am not able to use it still, informations still as above but new IOReg included as bellow, I'm so close but yet still so far any ideas guys?

Thanks in advance

Rkool

View attachment Rkool's IOReg 16-04-14 ver 2.ioreg

Anyone knows why after waking up from sleep my bluetooth mouse acts strangely ? There is lag in movement and mouse is not smooth . Restarting won't help either , i need to remove device and re-pair to fix it .

Can anyone please help me??? I have BCM94352HMB

Ok so feeling a little silly but still not fixed the problem with my BCM94352 HMB, i swapped mPCIe to PCIe converters to the one which has a USB connector, so i am now able to see it in system information:

View attachment 89702

but its not coming up as a Bluetooth device and am not able to use it still, informations still as above but new IOReg included as bellow, I'm so close but yet still so far any ideas guys?

Interesting...mine shows up twice on the USB bus, but yours only shows up once. I wonder why?

UPDATE: DUH!! I'm such a bonehead. The second device on my screen image is my existing IOGear GBU521 USB dongle.

nobodynose: according screen-shoot, your bluetooth card have VID:0x13d3 PID:0x3411 or VID:0x0a5c PID:21e8.
Toleda bcm4352t.kext is for card with VID:5075 0x13d3 PID:13316 0x3404

In file /System/Library/Extensions/bcm4352.kext/Contents/Info.plist change idVendor and idProduct to be identical to your card. Change 13316 into 13329.

If you look at this page, you will see that bluetooth chip from BCM94352HMB can have different couple of VID,PID: http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2925-bluetooth-firmware-uploader/

nobodynose: according screen-shoot, your bluetooth card have VID:0x13d3 PID:0x3411 or VID:0x0a5c PID:21e8.
Toleda bcm4352t.kext is for card with VID:5075 0x13d3 PID:13316 0x3404

In file /System/Library/Extensions/bcm4352.kext/Contents/Info.plist change idVendor and idProduct to be identical to your card. Change 13316 into 13329.

If you look at this page, you will see that bluetooth chip from BCM94352HMB can have different couple of VID,PID: http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2925-bluetooth-firmware-uploader/

In terms of the bluetooth which idVendor and idProduct lines do we need to change, sorry I'm new to kext edits

It appears there are two files you need to edit:

/System/Library/Extensions/BTFirmwareUploader.kext/Contents/Info.plist
/System/Library/Extensions/BTFirmwareUploader.kext/Contents/PlugIns/BluetoothDevInfo.kext/Contents/Info.plist.

You can use a text editor or an application like PlistEdit.app for the edits.

In my case, since I have a card with VendorID 0x13d3 and ProductID 0x3411, I found the existing IOKitPersonalities entry in each file for the AzureWave CE-123H and duplicated it, changing the idVendor and idProduct values accordingly (converted from hex to decimal). Here's my entry in /S/L/E/BTFirmwareUploader.kext/Contents/Info.plist (values I changed are in blue - I also changed the identifying information to make it different from the existing entries, just in case):

Code:
<key>BCM-AzureWave-CE123H-[B][COLOR=#0000ff]3411[/COLOR][/B]-13d3</key><dict>
    <key>BTController</key>
    <string>BCM</string>
    <key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
    <string>org.emlydinesh.driver.BTFirmwareUploader</string>
    <key>Firmware</key>
    <integer>0</integer>
    <key>IOClass</key>
    <string>BTFirmwareUploader</string>
    <key>IOProviderClass</key>
    <string>IOUSBDevice</string>
    <key>UpdFwAfterSleep</key>
    <true/>
    <key>idProduct</key>
    <integer>[B][COLOR=#0000ff]13329[/COLOR][/B]</integer>
    <key>idVendor</key>
    <integer>5075</integer>
</dict>

For /S/L/E/BTFirmwareUploader.kext/Contents/PlugIns/BluetoothDevInfo.kext/Contents/Info.plist:

Code:
<key>Info- BCM-AzureWave-CE123H [B][COLOR=#0000ff]- 3411[/COLOR][/B]</key>
<dict>
    <key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
    <string>com.apple.driver.AppleUSBMergeNub</string>
    <key>IOClass</key>
    <string>AppleUSBMergeNub</string>
    <key>IOProviderClass</key>
    <string>IOUSBDevice</string>
    <key>IOProviderMergeProperties</key>
    <dict>
        <key>USB Product Name</key>
        <string>Broadcom [B][COLOR=#0000ff]BCM94352HMB [/COLOR][/B]USB Bluetooth 4.0 Controller (AzureWave CE123H)</string>
        <key>idProduct</key>
        <key>idVendor</key>
        <integer>5075</integer>
    </dict>
    <key>idProduct</key>
    <key>idVendor</key>
    <integer>5075</integer>
</dict>

Then reboot. Good luck!

Greetings ALL!!

I am new here, and I have a doubt.....Are these two cards the same????

Dell Wireless DW1550
https://wikidevi.com/wiki/Dell_Wireless_1550_Wireless-AC_+_BT_Mini-Card

AND

Azurewave AW-CE123H
https://wikidevi.com/wiki/AzureWave_AW-CE123H

If yes, can I use the Dell DW 1550 and follow the steps in this thread to get Wifi + BT on my Laptop (Dell inspiron 14 3421)?? I plan to do so because I might have a BIOS Whitelist problem with the other card. I don't want to take a risk, as I am yet to buy the card

Plz help!! Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back