Contribute
Register

[Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I was wondering what is the best card for WiFi plus BT on the GA-Z87N-WIFI? I already have a a video card in my PCie slot.

Motherboard
Lenovo W510 model 4319RU/Intel QM57 Express Chipset (Chipset: Intel ID0044 Southbridge ID3B07)
CPU
Corei7/2.67GHz/M620
Graphics
Chimera 4.1.0, NVIDIA Quadro FX 880M, 1972X1080
Toleda,
Thanks for the great work.

I have the Azurewave AW-CE123H card installed.
I am using the BCM4352 and BCM4352bt kexts.
My WIFI works fine and BT turn on and shows active.
However, it will not connect to any BT devices, as a matter of fact it doesn't even "see" any BT devices.
I have a PC with BT running, my phone with BT on and a BT speaker all within close proximity and it doesn't see any of them.
Also, the phone and PC do not "see" the Mac either.

Did I miss a step or something in the setup?
Attached is what is listed in System Profiler.

EDIT:
Yes, I did miss something.
I downloaded the BT Firmware Updater kext as well and now things work just fine.

Attachments

Motherboard
Asus Z9PE-D8 WS
CPU
Xeon E5 2680
Graphics
MSI GTX690
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
I can not get the god damned thing to get an IP address!!! Drives me nuts!
Wifi worked under 10.8.2 - updated to 10.8.5 and no go.
TL-WDN4800, so it's AR9380,
shows up as pci168c, 30

Seems to be working just fine - but always "Self-Assigned IP". Immediately when I switch on wifi, it shows full wifi connecton on the menu, "no ip address" in Network Preferences and then within 10 seconds has the self-assigned IP.
I've deleted the wi-fi, any imaginable plist file, deleted and added Locations, mucked about with the MTU, disabled/enabled ipv6 and finally tried this DSDT patch (one warning, no errors). Still no go :banghead:

WonkeyDonkey

Motherboard
Asrock Z87E-ITX
CPU
i7-4770S
Graphics
GTX 760
Mac
iMac, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
Toleda,
Thanks for the great work.

I have the Azurewave AW-CE123H card installed.
I am using the BCM4352 and BCM4352bt kexts.
My WIFI works fine and BT turn on and shows active.
However, it will not connect to any BT devices, as a matter of fact it doesn't even "see" any BT devices.
I have a PC with BT running, my phone with BT on and a BT speaker all within close proximity and it doesn't see any of them.
Also, the phone and PC do not "see" the Mac either.

Did I miss a step or something in the setup?
Attached is what is listed in System Profiler.

EDIT:
Yes, I did miss something.
I downloaded the BT Firmware Updater kext as well and now things work just fine.
Are your devices sucessfully pairing and staying connected to this ? I've tried with this several times with no luck.

Bluetooth was visible but wouldn't connect reliably.

Also, did you check waking from sleep using a bluetooth device ?

Motherboard
gigabyte h87n-wifi rev.2
CPU
intel core i5 4430
Graphics
intel hd4600
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
I was wondering what is the best card for WiFi plus BT on the GA-Z87N-WIFI? I already have a a video card in my PCie slot.
I built my mackintosh based on customac mini, using GA-H87N-WIFI, which is similar to your motherboard. My aim was to build a computer i could actually use everyday, i did not want to spend my time fixing the OS continuously. I am not very good at doing that. So every time i selected a solution that could work OOB.
After using unibeast and multi beast, everything was working ok, except BT, wifi, and IR receiver (i use xbmc all the time). Here is how i solved these problems. First remove the half mini wireless card that came with the motherboard.

For wifi, i used a broadcom module you can get from amazon or from ebay. It is the same vendor (jhe technology). I was convinced by the positive comments from buyers from amazon.com.
The problem is that the card is full size mini pcie card, my only pcie slot was used for a sata pcie controller card, so i had to buy this adapter in order to use the card on the mini-pcie slot of my motherboard (that can accommodate only half mini cards). I did this 2 days ago, and the wifi is working full speed (i have a genuine macbook pro i can compare with). It works OOB, airport extreme, airdrop, location services, everything works.

For BT, i used the DIY apple branded bluetooth module, which i bought on ebay. I did this some 2 months ago, and so far everything working flawlessly. Magic mouse and magic pad wake the computer from sleep. Don't be intimidated by the soldering part, initially i attached the diodes using fine copper wires, and later on had to borrow a soldering iron and learn on youtube how to use it.

For the IR receiver, i used an apple IR module i purchased 4$ from powerbookmedic.com, and it works very well, and is very sensitive.
Of course i had to spend extra 85$ to get everything working, but i think it is a good investment. I have a hackintosh that works even better than my macbook pro 2009 because it is faster. And it comes with the pride you feel from something you built yourself.

Motherboard
Acer V5-572G
CPU
i5-3337U
Graphics
Intel HD4000
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Notes - Broadcom
  1. 5 GHz - not working (BCM94352)
I made ​​a binary patch for the activation of a range of 5GHz on Broadcom BCM94352HMB.

File Name: AirPortBrcm4360
Find bytes: 01 58 54
Replace bytes: 01 58 58

For terminal:

Code:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x01\x58\x54|\x01\x58\x58|g' /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortBrcm4360.kext/Contents/MacOS/AirPortBrcm4360
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions/
Wait 30 sec, Restart, Use...

This patch is tested on my Broadcom BCM94352HMB from Lenovo FRU# 03T7135, 20200381.

Before patch:

After patch:

Module AzureWave AW-CE123H need verification.
Test and tell someone about the results...

UPDATE:
Confirmed 5 GHz working: AzureWave AW-CE123H and other BCM94352HMB.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Motherboard
Hackintosh
CPU
Intel Core i5-4670K
Graphics
ASUS GeForce GTX 760 DC Mini
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Just tested it and the patch is not working for me, i have the AzureWave AW-CE123H. If this helps you I still have mavericks 10.9.1.

Only differences i see between your screen captures and my system information are:

CoreWLAN: 4.0 (400.45.1)
CoreWLANKit: 3.0 (300.35)
Menu Extra: 9.0 (900.34)
System Information: 9.0 (900.8)
IO80211 Family: 6.0 (600.34)
Diagnostics: 3.0 (300.37)
AirPort utility: 6.3.2 (632.3)

toleda

Motherboard
Asus Maximus VII Impact
CPU
Core i7-4770K
Graphics
RX 560 + HD4600
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
512K, LC, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
I made ​​a binary patch for the activation of a range of 5GHz on Broadcom BCM94352HMB.
@Skvo, outstanding work!
Confirmed 5 GHz working: BCM94352 and AW-CE123H in 10.9, 10.9.1 and 10.9.2
Minor syntax edit to patch.

Motherboard
Acer V5-572G
CPU
i5-3337U
Graphics
Intel HD4000
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Just tested it and the patch is not working for me, i have the AzureWave AW-CE123H. If this helps you I still have mavericks 10.9.1.
Who patch does not work, show your IOREG after the patch.

Motherboard
Hackintosh
CPU
Intel Core i5-4670K
Graphics
ASUS GeForce GTX 760 DC Mini
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
I patched the original IO80211Family.kext, but i made a backup just in case as always. Attached is a screen capture of IOReg

EDIT: Now works PERFECT, i patched again the original kext with new patch. Thank you.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.