Contribute
Register

[Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look again. Your device is at RP03.PXSX.

Install vanilla Mavericks IO80211Family.kext as there is no reason to change this kext.

Easiest way (if you're not comfortable with DSDT patching) is to install only toledaARPT.kext.

I have try the method to install only toledaARPT.kext and it is not work.
I have also try all other methods from installing PDF and failed.

I have try the method to install only toledaARPT.kext and it is not work.
I have also try all other methods from installing PDF and failed.

See post #172. Make sure you repair permissions & rebuild cache. Make sure you add the interface in SysPrefs->Network. If it doesn't work, describe fully what doesn't work, boot "-f" then post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

I've already seen the device in your ioreg and toledaARPT.kext should enable the drivers to be loaded, provided you have vanilla IO80211Family.kext installed and haven't tampered with them unnecessarily.

See post #172. Make sure you repair permissions & rebuild cache. Make sure you add the interface in SysPrefs->Network. If it doesn't work, describe fully what doesn't work, boot "-f" then post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

I've already seen the device in your ioreg and toledaARPT.kext should enable the drivers to be loaded, provided you have vanilla IO80211Family.kext installed and haven't tampered with them unnecessarily.

Hi, RehabMan:

Please refer the attached file IOReg with booting "-f" .
I think the file is the same with the file in post #171 because it is generated by booting
with chameleon selecting "-f".
I already try all methods described such as installing PDF:
(1) airport_kext_enabler -- Failed
(2) kext edit -- Failed
(3) dsdt Edit -- Failed. My modified DSDT.aml is too big and can not be upload.
(4) airport_ssdt_enabler -- Failed. See the attached file SSDT-1.aml because I original have SSDT.aml.

I am sure that I have add the interface in SysPrefs->Network.
Should I need to provide you any other information ???
Thanks a lot for any suggestion !!!!

Attachments

• R830-2.ioreg
    1.7 MB · Views: 109
  • SSDT-1.aml
    251 bytes · Views: 115
Hi, RehabMan:

Please refer the attached file IOReg with booting "-f" .
I think the file is the same with the file in post #171 because it is generated by booting
with chameleon selecting "-f".
I already try all methods described such as installing PDF:
(1) airport_kext_enabler -- Failed
(2) kext edit -- Failed
(3) dsdt Edit -- Failed. My modified DSDT.aml is too big and can not be upload.
(4) airport_ssdt_enabler -- Failed. See the attached file SSDT-1.aml because I original have SSDT.aml.

I am sure that I have add the interface in SysPrefs->Network.
Should I need to provide you any other information ???
Thanks a lot for any suggestion !!!!

What I can tell from this ioreg:
- there is no DSDT patch for AR9285
- your bootlog shows SSDT-1.aml is not installed to /Extra
- there is no toledaARPT.kext installed

So, as far as this ioreg, nothing has been done to make it work, so I'm not sure why you expect it to...

I have just installed an AR9280 mini PCIe card on my HP Spectre XT. OSX 10.9 recognize the card, but it cannot detect any WIFI network. I have tried to apply DSDT patch, still the same. The card works fine on windows 8. What can be done now?

I have just installed an AR9280 mini PCIe card on my HP Spectre XT. OSX 10.9 recognize the card, but it cannot detect any WIFI network. I have tried to apply DSDT patch, still the same. The card works fine on windows 8. What can be done now?

Press the wifi button on your keyboard and wait for some seconds. AR9280 does not require DSDT patch, revert to old DSDT first.

What I can tell from this ioreg:
- there is no DSDT patch for AR9285
- your bootlog shows SSDT-1.aml is not installed to /Extra
- there is no toledaARPT.kext installed

So, as far as this ioreg, nothing has been done to make it work, so I'm not sure why you expect it to...

Hi, RehabMan:

Do you mean that you need every IOReg after implementing each methods??
I try again for each methods and copy the IOReg files after implementation.
(1) airport_kext_enabler -- Failed. See the attached file R830-1
(2) kext edit -- Failed. See the attached file R830-2
(3) dsdt Edit -- Failed. See the attached file R830-3
(4) airport_ssdt_enabler -- Failed. See the attached file R830-4

How can you find from IOReg to know the patching method ??
I really try each patching methods from your installing PDF.
What can I do next step ???
Thanks a lot.

Attachments

• R830-1.ioreg
    1.7 MB · Views: 111
  • R830-2.ioreg
    1.7 MB · Views: 100
  • R830-3.ioreg
    1.7 MB · Views: 138
  • R830-4.ioreg
    1.7 MB · Views: 100
Ok, at this point, I really need some advice. I have a BCM943225 HMB/AzureWave AW-NB290H card that I bought off a famous internet auction site that I am trying to get working with my Dell Inspiron 5323 13z (i5 3317U with HD4000 graphics and 8GB of RAM). I'm running 10.9 on the laptop without a DSDT (everything works well, save for sleep and the lack of wifi from the original Intel card).

So when I installed the
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]BCM943225 HMB/AzureWave and used the toledaARPT.kext method, I now have bluetooth with the card showing up on my USB bus in the System Profiler (it functions as I was able to pair with a BT printer here at the house). I can add the Wifi connection in the Network prefpane, but it won't let me switch it on, no matter how many times I hit the blue "on" button! I also looked under the System Profiler and there is no PCI card showing as installed. I have re-built the kext cache and repaired permissions, but haven't made any improvements in the functionality of the card.

I would appreciate suggestions at this point! I would really like to get this card working.

H
[/FONT]

Hi, RehabMan:

Do you mean that you need every IOReg after implementing each methods??
I try again for each methods and copy the IOReg files after implementation.
(1) airport_kext_enabler -- Failed. See the attached file R830-1
(2) kext edit -- Failed. See the attached file R830-2
(3) dsdt Edit -- Failed. See the attached file R830-3
(4) airport_ssdt_enabler -- Failed. See the attached file R830-4

How can you find from IOReg to know the patching method ??
I really try each patching methods from your installing PDF.
What can I do next step ???
Thanks a lot.

Restore stock IO80211Family.kext and undo any other hacks you may have done. Install only toledaARPT.kext. Make sure to repair permissions & rebuild cache. It should work

There is no reason to try other methods.

FYI:
- toledaARPT is loading in #1. should work.
- in both DSDT edit/SSDT enabler case they are doing the right thing to the right node. should work.

The problem is probably ill-advised tampering with IO80211Family.kext or IONetworkingFamily.kext.

Also, what version of OS X?

Ok, at this point, I really need some advice. I have a BCM943225 HMB/AzureWave AW-NB290H card that I bought off a famous internet auction site that I am trying to get working with my Dell Inspiron 5323 13z (i5 3317U with HD4000 graphics and 8GB of RAM). I'm running 10.9 on the laptop without a DSDT (everything works well, save for sleep and the lack of wifi from the original Intel card).

So when I installed the
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]BCM943225 HMB/AzureWave and used the toledaARPT.kext method, I now have bluetooth with the card showing up on my USB bus in the System Profiler (it functions as I was able to pair with a BT printer here at the house). I can add the Wifi connection in the Network prefpane, but it won't let me switch it on, no matter how many times I hit the blue "on" button! I also looked under the System Profiler and there is no PCI card showing as installed. I have re-built the kext cache and repaired permissions, but haven't made any improvements in the functionality of the card.

I would appreciate suggestions at this point! I would really like to get this card working.

H
[/FONT]

Is there a hardware switch that allows the card to be turned on/off on the laptop? If so, use it, but be very patient (when you turn it on, it may take a while). Also check your BIOS settings to be sure onboard WiFi is enabled.

It is normal that the device is not listed in PCI list in SystemInfo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back