CPU
i7-4790K OC @ 4.8GHz
Graphics
Vega 64LC + HD4600
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Airport patch not needed with FakePCIID. Just 5ghz.
Removed Airport kext patch from clover .... but hasn't helped ... issue remains.
Only way to get back to 867Mbs is to reboot but wifi speed drops back to 300Mbs after first sleep/wake or wifi power cycle ....

Cheers
Jay

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Removed Airport kext patch from clover .... but hasn't helped ... issue remains.
Only way to get back to 867Mbs is to reboot but wifi speed drops back to 300Mbs after first sleep/wake or wifi power cycle ....

Cheers
Jay
I don't have an ac network, so cannot verify that I would not run into the same issue.

But look at the differences between my setup for this hardware and yours, I will say that the ACPI injects you're doing are not needed at all.

jaymonkey

Motherboard
ASRock-Z97 EX6
CPU
i7-4790K OC @ 4.8GHz
Graphics
Vega 64LC + HD4600
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
But look at the differences between my setup for this hardware and yours, I will say that the ACPI injects you're doing are not needed at all.
Like me and my laptop my DSDT is old and i did most of the patching a about 4 years ago ... I haven't really kept up with more recent dsdt patching and methods so thought i'd try a few clover ACPI injects just in case it might help to improve stability. Some are recommend in the 1st post of this thread.

Question: If you do use a clover ACPI DSDT patch/inject does it replace the existing code in the DSDT or some sort of merge of the two, for example I know for sure that my DSDT has the DTGP method (one of the first things i added) all that time ago.. if i select clovers ACPI DTGP inject will it completely replace the code that i manually put in the DSDT ? .... I'm assuming yes but it would be good to know for sure that this is the way it works.

Will try removing them all as i'm reasonably sure my DSDT is pretty much there it and give it a whirl ....

Thanks RM
Cheers
Jay

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H77N-WIFI
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
MacBook, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
AC network doesn't work for me using the same Card thought it was the Router as my old router was passed it bought a new one AC networks doesn't even connect for me using BCM94352 also changed the Area code to UK still doesn't work.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Like me and my laptop my DSDT is old and i did most of the patching a about 4 years ago ... I haven't really kept up with more recent dsdt patching and methods so thought i'd try a few clover ACPI injects just in case it might help to improve stability. Some are recommend in the 1st post of this thread.

Question: If you do use a clover ACPI DSDT patch/inject does it replace the existing code in the DSDT or some sort of merge of the two, for example I know for sure that my DSDT has the DTGP method (one of the first things i added) all that time ago.. if i select clovers ACPI DTGP inject will it completely replace the code that i manually put in the DSDT ? .... I'm assuming yes but it would be good to know for sure that this is the way it works.

Will try removing them all as i'm reasonably sure my DSDT is pretty much there it and give it a whirl ....

Thanks RM
Cheers
Jay
It is a bad idea to edit your DSDT manually and use the same/similar option in Clover "Fixes".

Motherboard
Dell Inspiron 15 5567 (Clover EFI)
CPU
Intel Core i3-7100u
Graphics
Intel HD 620, 1366 x 768
Mobile Phone
Android, Other
@toleda please correct the links. The layout of the website has changed along with the links, too.

jaymonkey

Motherboard
ASRock-Z97 EX6
CPU
i7-4790K OC @ 4.8GHz
Graphics
Vega 64LC + HD4600
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
AC network doesn't work for me using the same Card thought it was the Router as my old router was passed it bought a new one AC networks doesn't even connect for me using BCM94352 also changed the Area code to UK still doesn't work.

@VoiletDragon,

I've been using AC WiFi (867Mbs) for almost two years with no issues (in the UK) but router firmware can be very finicky.

I'm using a Asus RT-AC86U router but not with latest firmware, the older firmware allows a bit more manual setup of the routers radios in AC mode (specifically the upper AND lower channels) where as the newer firmware only allows you to use preset combos of upper and lower frequencies.

I also disable OSX's 802.d Beacon which helped getting AC wifi working (at least for me) however this is only really needed if you have a lot of other wifi networks around your location (that are not your networks), i wrote about this issue in this thread sometime ago but cant find the link right now but here is the patch i'm using to disable the 802.d beacon.
Code:
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Disable 802.1d Beacon</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                JMgFAABrEA==
                </data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AirPortBrcm4360</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                JMgFAAD//w==
                </data>
            </dict>
This issue of the AC network dropping down to 300Mbs after a sleep/wake or wifi power cycle has only started since 10.11.4

Cheers
Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.