Contribute
Register

[Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the device-id?

It’s weird for my Thinkpad X250. When I install a BCM94352Z(DW1560), Win 10 recognizes the card, but the Wlan cannot be turned on (red cross). I tried every driver, it’s useless. While In El Capitan, the WIFI and the Bluetooth are both OK. Then I install a BCM94350ZAE, still the Wlan cannot be turned on in Win 10. After sealing tape contact PIN54 and PIN56, the Wlan is turned on eventually in Win 10 and works normally. But in El Capitan the WIFI cannot be turned on though the card is recognized as airport extreme. What should I do?
The device-id is: E414 A343 AA17 5A07, Bluetooth-id: 5C0A 1464.

It’s weird for my Thinkpad X250. When I install a BCM94352Z(DW1560), Win 10 recognizes the card, but the Wlan cannot be turned on (red cross). I tried every driver, it’s useless. While In El Capitan, the WIFI and the Bluetooth are both OK. Then I install a BCM94350ZAE, still the Wlan cannot be turned on in Win 10. After sealing tape contact PIN54 and PIN56, the Wlan is turned on eventually in Win 10 and works normally. But in El Capitan the WIFI cannot be turned on though the card is recognized as airport extreme. What should I do?
The device-id is: E414 A343 AA17 5A07, Bluetooth-id: 5C0A 1464.

Bluetooth controller device-id not relevant to WiFi. What is the ID of the PCIe WiFi device?

14E4 43A3 075A 17AA

14e4:43a3 appears to be natively supported (see AirPortBrcm4360 Info.plist). FakePCIID kexts can be used to add Airport branding.

How to patch? In dsdt? Use which patch? Thanks!

Assuming it is a laptop (profile is not filled out).

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

@RehabMan Really? No comment on the BCM94360HMB and why it doesn't seem to be discussed here despite the fact that it solves both 1300 AC and AirDrop BT, suffers from none of the "half-speed on wake" issues these other cards seem to, and is easily obtainable for cheap on eBay and even Amazon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back