Contribute
Register

[Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
noticed WiFi was fine but Bluetooth was not working. Under the system report section for Bluetooth hardware, I see "No information found."
Installing a different method on top of an installed method ensures failure. Install one method, verify good. If not, remove method, then try different method. If bcm4352.kext, bcm4352bt.kext and toledaARPT.kext are installed together, success is unlikely.

See Post #1 for the recommended BT solution. Uninstall your current solution.
See Post #1 Problem Reporting for additional help.

Thank you for your advice and explaining the best way to move forward. I've removed all the additional/modified kexts, gone back to no WiFi/BT, and will attempt methods one by one making a point to uninstall failures...

Hi guys,

just wanted to report back. I sent the non-working card back to the seller and got a new one. This one has device id 43a0 and works out of the box. All is good.

Thank you for your help.

kybdf2

@toleda,

Post #1, couple of typos 'MacBoolAir' should be 'MacBookAir'

From everything I have read the Broadcom BCM94331CD should work natively using a PCIE adapter card.

However, even with the recommended 4 antenna USB powered PCIE adapter I can only get bluetooth to function.

WiFi states "No hardware installed"

I have tried:
/usr/sbin/networksetup -detectnewhardware

Delete: /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist

Changed my system definition to all available compatible mac versions. Currently using iMac 14,2.

Used several different adapter cards and bought a new Broadcom card to ensure the hardware was not defective.

The card is definitely removed from an iMac and not a generic Broadcom.

Complete new install of OS.

Updated to 10.10.2

Rebooted and repaired permissions after every attempt.

What am I missing?

Running:
Gigabyte GA-Z97MX-GAMING 5 MoBo
Core i5-4690KMSI CPU
MSI GeForce GTX 760 Graphics Card
Crucial Ballistix Sport (32GB) RAM
Visiontek 120GB SSD Boot Drive
Seagate Barracuda 3 TB Storage Drive
Corsair RM 650 Watt PSU
Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV Micro Tower Chassis
Zalman NPS 9900 MAX CPU Cooler

Thank you.

I have Handoff, Instant hotspot, Continuity and 5Ghz fully functional using the Azurewave CE123H half-mini PCIe Bluetooth and Wifi combo card.
(...)
A couple of things I tried (actually to get Messages to work) that might also have affected the above:
(...)
3. I also followed the Messages guide written by tonymac to use non-cloned MLB and ROM values. Maybe it affects this, mostly it does not.

Hi, can you tell us what you did other than following this thread? Because I follow along and can't get Handoff to work.

I have an Azurewave CE123H (BCM4352), WiFi and Bluetooth are working.
Installed FakePCIID and FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2. And for bluetooth BrcmPatchRAM.
Card is recognized as AirPort Extreme (0x14E4, 0x2B23) (Broadcom BCM43xx) under System profiler. That wasn't the case when I had bcm4352.kext installed. (Yes, I deleted it when I installed FakePCIID).
Added the Handoff patch for 10.10.2 and after reboot I can see "Handoff supported: yes" under System profiler>bluetooth.

But it doesn't work. I tried logging out and logging in on iCloud on OS X and on my iOS devices. I then tried it with the 5GHz patches. My country code was "XT" under system profiler>WLAN so I used the "XT/ROW" patch. But I also tried "US/FCC" patch and "US/FCC-dv".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back