CPU
i7 8750H
Graphics
Intel UHD Graphics 630 + NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 GDDR5 8GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@zacmks,It is my bios setting.i used macOS Catalina 10.15.6 and 10.15.7 . And it didn't work same error. and i try to chance your EFI by following the OpenCore Install Guide. it didn't work too same error.

Attachments

• 1603088882152.png
    1603088882152.png
    45.8 KB · Views: 28
Motherboard
Gigabyte Aero 15X V8
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
GTX 1070
@zacmks, I use your opencore EFI ,but i can't boot into the Installation Page. I use the same laptop as you.Only the video card is different,mine is 1060.I unlocked bios.

You don't need to specify alcid=1, I already set the correct layout with DeviceProperties' layout-id (also, thge layout id is 3 as far as I remember). DeviceProperties is more reliable because I do specify the correct pcipath (I'm not sure if yours is different though, but should be).

In regards of the AppleXcpmCfgLock and AppleCpuPmCfgLock yeah, these can cause Kernel Panic. If you are not sure if your MSR write protection is enabled, try to set them both as true or false and test if KP still happens.

Motherboard
h370
CPU
i7 8750H
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
You don't need to specify alcid=1, I already set the correct layout with DeviceProperties' layout-id (also, thge layout id is 3 as far as I remember). DeviceProperties is more reliable because I do specify the correct pcipath (I'm not sure if yours is different though, but should be).

In regards of the AppleXcpmCfgLock and AppleCpuPmCfgLock yeah, these can cause Kernel Panic. If you are not sure if your MSR write protection is enabled, try to set them both as true or false and test if KP still happens.
I build new a EFI,this EFI can boot into the install page.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 20
Motherboard
h370
CPU
i7 8750H
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

I figure out what is wrong , the DeviceProperties-Add-PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0) in config.plist,see picture. Then i used your EFI install the macOS 10.15.7 successfully. But I ran into some more problems.First I think the Touch pad isn't work well.It can't touch or even press for confirmation.But he can do multi-touch, multi-finger gestures. Second, the built-in speakers don't work properly.The MAC can display the drive and adjust the volume, and the microphone works, but the speakers just don't have any sound.ps.i tested speakers in windows ,it is working.

Attachments

• QQ截图20201020233835.png
    QQ截图20201020233835.png
    215.9 KB · Views: 19
Motherboard
Gigabyte Aero 15X V8
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hey @zacmks thanks a lot for this. For me it worked almost OOB.

Although I having issues with the Thunderbolt/USB-C, some mention same issue, with black screen. I would like to try the unblock BIOS, but the link you have in POSTINSTALL is broken, I can access through google cache to see it, BUT the links to get the tools for flash the bios and modify it cannot be reached, files were removed etc.

If you still have all of the tools around for the bios mod, could you please upload it to github, that would help a lot.
I could strip out the guide from that link, make it in markdown format and send it to you, so it does not get lost and is everything all together in the POSTINSTALL of your repo. What do you think.

So I having issues with the Thunderbolt USB C hotplug, I've already done the POSTINSTALL Guide, (for me the CFG LOCK was on 0x5BE, 0X5A4 is some power limit cfg) I disabled the Quirks AppleCpuPmCfgLock and AppleXcpmCfgLock.
But still having the black screen on boot, which I can fix with the mirror display trick, BUT the hot plug doesn't work at all. I'm using a Thunderbolt Hub, works fine if it's connected on boot, and recognises all the usb stuff attached to it but once is disconnected, the system doesn't realise of it, Mac OS X still believes there is a second monitor connected and if I reconnect it nothing happens.

So these are my issues so far
- Thunderbolt Hub hotplug doesn't work
- Thunderbolt Hub Ethernet is recognised and detects when I connect the cable, but it cannot fetch dhcp config nor transmit data if I configure IP address manually, is a Realtek device.

Can someone guide me on this?

Cheers!

Last edited:
Motherboard
NUC7i7DNHE
CPU
i7-8650U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mac
  1. iMac
@zacmks do you have dual-boot enabled? I want to have 1TB SSD for Win10 and another SSD for MacOS. I tried running the Catalina installer and it loops and eventually loads back to Windows, even when I'm picking the USB that has the Catalina installer with your EFI on it.

In order to get to the MacOS installer USB drive I had to delete all secure boot variables, which then killed my Windows 10 SSD's ability to measure the battery. Are we able to re-enable secure boot variables (and get battery level back in windows) after installing the MacOS?

I have unlocked BIOS but not changed CfgLock variable.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Aero 15X V8
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
GTX 1070
I figure out what is wrong , the DeviceProperties-Add-PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0) in config.plist,see picture. Then i used your EFI install the macOS 10.15.7 successfully. But I ran into some more problems.First I think the Touch pad isn't work well.It can't touch or even press for confirmation.But he can do multi-touch, multi-finger gestures. Second, the built-in speakers don't work properly.The MAC can display the drive and adjust the volume, and the microphone works, but the speakers just don't have any sound.ps.i tested speakers in windows ,it is working.
In regards of the touchpad, mine is working fine. Single touch, multi scroll, multi-finger gestures. The only thing that doesn't work is the press to right-click (not a big issue for me).

And in regards of the audio, you can test other layouts for PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1f,0x3). The one that is on config.plist is the one that worked best for me. You can build your own layout as well. There're some instructions on https://github.com/acidanthera/AppleALC

Motherboard
Gigabyte Aero 15X V8
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
GTX 1070
Hey @zacmks thanks a lot for this. For me it worked almost OOB.

Although I having issues with the Thunderbolt/USB-C, some mention same issue, with black screen. I would like to try the unblock BIOS, but the link you have in POSTINSTALL is broken, I can access through google cache to see it, BUT the links to get the tools for flash the bios and modify it cannot be reached, files were removed etc.

If you still have all of the tools around for the bios mod, could you please upload it to github, that would help a lot.
I could strip out the guide from that link, make it in markdown format and send it to you, so it does not get lost and is everything all together in the POSTINSTALL of your repo. What do you think.

So I having issues with the Thunderbolt USB C hotplug, I've already done the POSTINSTALL Guide, (for me the CFG LOCK was on 0x5BE, 0X5A4 is some power limit cfg) I disabled the Quirks AppleCpuPmCfgLock and AppleXcpmCfgLock.
But still having the black screen on boot, which I can fix with the mirror display trick, BUT the hot plug doesn't work at all. I'm using a Thunderbolt Hub, works fine if it's connected on boot, and recognises all the usb stuff attached to it but once is disconnected, the system doesn't realise of it, Mac OS X still believes there is a second monitor connected and if I reconnect it nothing happens.

So these are my issues so far
- Thunderbolt Hub hotplug doesn't work
- Thunderbolt Hub Ethernet is recognised and detects when I connect the cable, but it cannot fetch dhcp config nor transmit data if I configure IP address manually, is a Realtek device.

Can someone guide me on this?

Cheers!

Firstly, you can try some other BIOS configs, afaik it's more related to it. Secondly, you could try some TB patches other than the SSDT-10-TbtOnPch provided (or make adjustments). TB is the hardest kind of hardware to work properly on Hackintoshes, I wished I had more devices to test.

In regards to the Realtek device, isn't a macOS config related?
I saw a few similar issues on https://github.com/Mieze/RTL8111_driver_for_OS_X, and the other forum that they do its development (can't state which forum as it's against rules here on tmx86)

Motherboard
Gigabyte Aero 15X V8
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
GTX 1070
@zacmks do you have dual-boot enabled? I want to have 1TB SSD for Win10 and another SSD for MacOS. I tried running the Catalina installer and it loops and eventually loads back to Windows, even when I'm picking the USB that has the Catalina installer with your EFI on it.

In order to get to the MacOS installer USB drive I had to delete all secure boot variables, which then killed my Windows 10 SSD's ability to measure the battery. Are we able to re-enable secure boot variables (and get battery level back in windows) after installing the MacOS?

I have unlocked BIOS but not changed CfgLock variable.
Yes, I have a tri-boot (Win10, Debian, macOS Catalina) on a single NVME SSD (thus your setup should work fine, as it's dual-boot friendlier).

Are you botting Win 10 from Open core? I think this should be the issue with the battery measurements, you should try a boot picker as rEFInd (https://www.rodsbooks.com/refind/) to pick the OS as OC does it's DSDT patches regardless of which OS it's booting. *you can test the aero's bios boot picker too, to see if the battery issue goes away

I haven't tried to use secure boot on my machine (as I'd have to config OC, rRFInd, and Debian to support it =/)