Contribute
Register

[Guide] Aero 15X V8 (Mojave, Catalina)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@zacmks,It is my bios setting.i used macOS Catalina 10.15.6 and 10.15.7 . And it didn't work same error. and i try to chance your EFI by following the OpenCore Install Guide. it didn't work too same error.

Attachments

• 1603088882152.png
    1603088882152.png
    45.8 KB · Views: 127
@zacmks, I use your opencore EFI ,but i can't boot into the Installation Page. I use the same laptop as you.Only the video card is different,mine is 1060.I unlocked bios.

You don't need to specify alcid=1, I already set the correct layout with DeviceProperties' layout-id (also, thge layout id is 3 as far as I remember). DeviceProperties is more reliable because I do specify the correct pcipath (I'm not sure if yours is different though, but should be).

In regards of the AppleXcpmCfgLock and AppleCpuPmCfgLock yeah, these can cause Kernel Panic. If you are not sure if your MSR write protection is enabled, try to set them both as true or false and test if KP still happens.

You don't need to specify alcid=1, I already set the correct layout with DeviceProperties' layout-id (also, thge layout id is 3 as far as I remember). DeviceProperties is more reliable because I do specify the correct pcipath (I'm not sure if yours is different though, but should be).

In regards of the AppleXcpmCfgLock and AppleCpuPmCfgLock yeah, these can cause Kernel Panic. If you are not sure if your MSR write protection is enabled, try to set them both as true or false and test if KP still happens.
I build new a EFI,this EFI can boot into the install page.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 120

I figure out what is wrong , the DeviceProperties-Add-PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0) in config.plist,see picture. Then i used your EFI install the macOS 10.15.7 successfully. But I ran into some more problems.First I think the Touch pad isn't work well.It can't touch or even press for confirmation.But he can do multi-touch, multi-finger gestures. Second, the built-in speakers don't work properly.The MAC can display the drive and adjust the volume, and the microphone works, but the speakers just don't have any sound.ps.i tested speakers in windows ,it is working.

Attachments

• QQ截图20201020233835.png
    QQ截图20201020233835.png
    215.9 KB · Views: 111
I figure out what is wrong , the DeviceProperties-Add-PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0) in config.plist,see picture. Then i used your EFI install the macOS 10.15.7 successfully. But I ran into some more problems.First I think the Touch pad isn't work well.It can't touch or even press for confirmation.But he can do multi-touch, multi-finger gestures. Second, the built-in speakers don't work properly.The MAC can display the drive and adjust the volume, and the microphone works, but the speakers just don't have any sound.ps.i tested speakers in windows ,it is working.
In regards of the touchpad, mine is working fine. Single touch, multi scroll, multi-finger gestures. The only thing that doesn't work is the press to right-click (not a big issue for me).

And in regards of the audio, you can test other layouts for PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1f,0x3). The one that is on config.plist is the one that worked best for me. You can build your own layout as well. There're some instructions on https://github.com/acidanthera/AppleALC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back