Contribute
Register

[Guide] Acer Swift 3 i5-8250U Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now i have updated dsdt and ssdt-8 files in /patched but other patches are unchanged as they are generic.

Attachments

• debug_14045.zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 120
Now i have updated dsdt and ssdt-8 files in /patched but other patches are unchanged as they are generic.

You have duplicate symbols somewhere.
Try disassembling your patchmatic output and you'll see: iasl -da -dl *.aml

No duplicates in ACPI/origin, so the duplicates are definitely caused by an incorrect hotpatch setup.

I can confirm that the the ZIP file attached to PavelIT's post in the second page of this thread can be used for the 14" SF314-52, the SSDT patches work for this model. Everything that is described to work for the SF315 also works for the SF314. The only difference that I made is that I installed CodecCommander.kext into /Library/Extensions, however I don't think it is necessary. Thanks for the guide!

EDIT: I made a few changes to fix a few issues regarding my specific model and I have created a GitHub repo with the changes I made. https://github.com/CanadianGreg/SF314-52-macOS

Last edited:
You have duplicate symbols somewhere.
Try disassembling your patchmatic output and you'll see: iasl -da -dl *.aml

No duplicates in ACPI/origin, so the duplicates are definitely caused by an incorrect hotpatch setup.

I have updated the files but battery life is not improved , can you check for any mistakes

and one weird thing , my trackpad response is delayed by about a second for example if i tap with two fingers (second click) it is registered after 1 second. is anybody else is having this issue?
Another issue i am having is that appstore is not working when i try to sign in it accepts my ID and password and then nothing happens , it does not sign in and if i try to download an app and then sign in it shows me an error message. "An error occurred during purchase. An unknown error has occurred"

Attachments

• debug_4402.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 104
I have updated the files but battery life is not improved , can you check for any mistakes

and one weird thing , my trackpad response is delayed by about a second for example if i tap with two fingers (second click) it is registered after 1 second. is anybody else is having this issue?
Another issue i am having is that appstore is not working when i try to sign in it accepts my ID and password and then nothing happens , it does not sign in and if i try to download an app and then sign in it shows me an error message. "An error occurred during purchase. An unknown error has occurred"

Your ACPI hotpatch is still bugged. Disassemble patchmatic output with: iasl -da -dl *.aml.

Note output:
Code:
Firmware Error (ACPI): Failure creating [\_SB.PCI0.GPI0._STA], AE_ALREADY_EXISTS (20180427/dswload-498)
ACPI Error: AE_ALREADY_EXISTS, During name lookup/catalog (20180427/psobject-371)
Could not parse external ACPI tables, AE_ALREADY_EXISTS

I didn't check anything else. You need to work on your hotpatch setup.

oh i forgot i have already applied this patch in dsdt ,so i removed it.

Your ACPI hotpatch is still bugged. Disassemble patchmatic output with: iasl -da -dl *.aml.

Note output:
Code:
Firmware Error (ACPI): Failure creating [\_SB.PCI0.GPI0._STA], AE_ALREADY_EXISTS (20180427/dswload-498)
ACPI Error: AE_ALREADY_EXISTS, During name lookup/catalog (20180427/psobject-371)
Could not parse external ACPI tables, AE_ALREADY_EXISTS

I didn't check anything else. You need to work on your hotpatch setup.

I updated the files. plz check

Attachments

• debug_752.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 102
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back