Contribute
Register

[Guide] Acer Swift 3 i5-8250U Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the excellent guide!
I just finished my own building of Swift 3 SF314-52 exactly following your guide.
I meet a problem with headset. While the speaker works fine, the sound from the headset seem to be strange with a lot of noise. I solved it by putting the CodecCommander.kext in /Library/Extension.
So I wonder whether you guys have this problem and how did you solve it.

Great tutorial. Thanks for the writeup.

@wonderfulnx , did you have to make any further customizations?
I have a Swift 3 SF314-51 with i5 6200U/HD520. Installation went ok, I can boot to macOS using the usb as a bootstrapper but when I try to boot from the internal SSD I get errors regarding the graphics initialization(see pic). I followed the tutorial as instructed.

There’s something regarding the Clover EFI configuration that I’m missing.

Attachments

• E7AF6D9F-C396-4421-81CB-330DEC4133FB.jpeg
    E7AF6D9F-C396-4421-81CB-330DEC4133FB.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 427
Great tutorial. Thanks for the writeup.

@wonderfulnx , did you have to make any further customizations?
I have a Swift 3 SF314-51 with i5 6200U/HD520. Installation went ok, I can boot to macOS using the usb as a bootstrapper but when I try to boot from the internal SSD I get errors regarding the graphics initialization(see pic). I followed the tutorial as instructed.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Yeah, my guide is only for Kaby-Lake R modification, i'm afraid you should find another guide on a laptop with HD520, because it wouldn't work with my setup for sure. Btw this guide is a bit outdated, i'm working on refreshed version now.

Yeah, my guide is only for Kaby-Lake R modification, i'm afraid you should find another guide on a laptop with HD520, because it wouldn't work with my setup for sure. Btw this guide is a bit outdated, i'm working on refreshed version now.

It's great!

I have the same laptop and macOS 10.13.6 works well on it. I added some HOTPATCH files to DSDT instead of modifying the origin DSDT files.

Does your intel 600p worded well? I had to replace my intel 600p with samsung pm961 because of slow performance, lag and freeze issues.

Thanks.

macOS 10.14.0 Mojave on Acer Swift 3 SF315-51-518S

Hi there! I got my laptop 5 days ago (SF315-51-518S) and my first idea was to install macOS on it, so... That happened and now I wanna share things I did with tonymacx86!

Specs
  • CPU : Intel Core i5-8250U (Kabylake-R)
  • Graphics : Intel UHD 620
  • RAM : 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz (non-replaceable)
  • SSD : 256 GB Intel 600p series (SSDPEKKW256G7) (M.2 2280 NVMe, SHOULD BE REPLACED, bugs under macOS as freezes KP, etc., I have Samsung EVO 970)
  • Screen : 15-inch 1920 x 1080 IPS with glass
  • Ports : 1xUSB 3.1 Gen-1 Type-C, 2xUSB 3.0, 1xUSB 2.0, 1xHDMI (full-size), 1xAudio jack
  • Wifi/Bluetooth : Intel AC-7265, (M.2 NGFF, should be replaced, not supported under macOS. I have BCM94352Z)
  • Audio : ALC255 (ven id:10ec, dev id:0255)
  • SD Card Reader : Realtek USB2.0-CRW (ven id:0bda, dev id:0129)
  • Back-lit keyboard
  • I2C Trackpad + PS2 keyboard (why?)
What is working
  • Graphics
  • Audio
    • Speakers, headphones and internal mic (layout id: 3, patched CodecCommander needed)
  • Built-in Bluetooth
  • Keyboard
    • Backlit is fine
  • Trackpad
  • USB
  • Webcam
    • PhotoBooth works fine
  • Sleep/Wake
    • Lid also working
    • To my knowledge, no weird things after sleep/wake
      • If you disable the wifi with Acer's keyboard shortcut (Fn+F3) and go to sleep, wifi won't be able to be enabled. You'll have to reboot the laptop.
  • At least 6 hours battery life
    • Tested with 10.13.4 (max brightness, 720p on safari, USB wifi dongle)
  • Pretty much everything else except things in not working list below
What is NOT working
  • Built-in Wifi
    • Must be replaced (My choice is BCM94352Z)
  • Built-in SSD causes awful lags
    • Must be replaced (Samsung NVMe SSD work fine)
  • Built-in SD card reader (Didn't looked into it, people say it's not working and never will)
  • Fingerprint is detected but it is useless, so I decided to disable that port found NoTouchID kext (I got shitloads of BiometricKit errors without it)
What was not tested
  • HDMI
What must be done
  • Replace Wi-Fi module
    • I ordered DW1560
  • Replace SSD
    • Samsung SSD are cheap&nice
  • Follow my guide

About this guide

I'm just sharing my success in hackintoshing this laptop, I seen many people just not buying latest model of this laptop because it just don't tested by anyone. Now I can say that it's working just fine and I'm glad that gamble paid off.

Also, my first language is Russian so I'm sorry if some things are not clear enough.

Updating BIOS to the latest version and BIOS configuration

Install latest BIOS with fixes for your laptop, it can be found in "Support" tab on official Acer website.

Once the update is done, go in your BIOS setup. For my model, I must presse F2 at boot. Press F9 to reset default settings. Enable "F12 Boot Menu" in Main tab. Set Supervisor Password in Security tab. Disable "Secure Boot" in Boot tab. Also, disable VT-d in BIOS settings. Save changes.

Create bootable USB

Next, you'll need to make a bootable USB drive with macOS installer. There are plenty of methods, the one of popular ones is UniBeast, but it required internet connection on install when I wasn't able to do something (I don't have compatible Wi-Fi card or RJ45 dongle atm). So, I decided to prepare Installer with "createinstallmedia" method. You may check it here, but in short, you need to format your flash drive to GUID partition table and FS HFS+, download latest installer from Mac App Store and write your flash drive by that command

Code (Text):

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/*YOUR FLASH DRIVE NAME* --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Mojave.app

Easy install (for newbs, only for laptops without NVidia GPU):
  1. Just download my EFI folder at the end of this message
  2. Mount EFI partition of your flash drive
  3. Copy EFI folder to the flash drive.
  4. Boot from flash drive > install > reboot
  5. Boot from flash drive and select SSD partition.
  6. Setup macOS
  7. Mount EFI partition on SSD
  8. Copy EFI folder there.
  9. Eject flash drive, reboot.
All should be fine :)

Details (not for noobs and for interested ones):

Install clover to the flash drive. Add this kexts in the flash drive's EFI partition in folder EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other.
Add the following kexts:
Download other kexts, config.plist and other useful apps for post-install purposes

On your flash drive, create a folder named "Post-Install". In that folder, copy the following files and applications :

Clover kexts
  • ACPIBatteryManager.kext obviously for battery
  • AppleALC.kext for sound (use release version)
    • We got ALC255, so with layout 3 all seems to work fine, you may try also 13, 17, 27 or 28
  • CodecCommander.kext for sound after sleep
    • I had to mod it a bit to make audio work after sleep. I changed
      Code:
      ALC283,etc
      section like this:
      Code:
      <key>Perform Reset</key>
      [*]<true/>
      [*]<key>Send Delay</key>
      [*]<integer>300</integer>
  • Modded VoodooI2C and VoodooI2CHID for trackpad. Big thanks to stevezhengshiqi and goodwin to make it work under Mojave.
    • TRACKPAD IS FREAKING LOVELY! Works just like MacBook's in terms of gestures, using MagicTrackpad 2 simulation
  • Lilu.kext needed for live system patching
  • WhateverGreen for graphics
Apps
Base config.plist
  • I downloaded one from stevezhengshiqi for Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro because I'm just too lazy to make it up from the ground, and as the hardware is really have a lot in common it works with some small modifications
Additional Clover files
  • You may need to download apfs.efi and HFSPlus.efi, it depends on your Clover installer. For being safe I recommend to search it and download latest files too, just in case. ApfsEfiLoader.efi is preferable way to do this.
Once all this is downloaded and copied to your flash drive, reboot the laptop.

Installation
  • You must press F12 for this Acer laptop at boot to select USB flash drive. I plugged the flash drive in the USB3 port.
  • When the installation is over and the laptop reboots, it will probably give you an error at boot (Default Boot Device Missing or Boot Failed). Select OK and, again, boot on your USB flash drive. At Clover bootloader, choose to boot on your new macOS drive. This step is normal because there is no Clover bootloader yet on your SSD. Keep in mind this step because if you have problems booting from your SSD in the future, this could be handy.
Allow apps downloaded from Anywhere and other useful configurations
  • In Terminal, type the following :
  • Code (Text):
  • sudo spctl --master-disable
  • In Finder>Preferences>General>Select to show hard disks on the desktop
It just speeds up the configuration. You can put it back as it was after this guide.

Clover EFI bootloader installation

Install Clover
  • Choose your High Sierra drive as destination
  • Select the following in the customize installation
    • Install for UEFI booting only
    • Install Clover in the ESP
    • Drivers64UEFI/AptioMemoryFix-64
  • Click Install

Copy files to EFI partition

After the Clover installation, a new volume named EFI will be on the desktop and in Finder. Copy the files and apps from your USB flash drive to the following locations :
  • In EFI Volume, EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other
    • All kexts you downloaded.
  • In EFI Volume, EFI/CLOVER
    • Replace config.plist with the one on your USB flash drive.
  • In EFI volume, EFI/CLOVER/Drivers64UEFI
    • Look for apfsEfiLoader.efi. If there is no one, you wouldn't able to find your macOS partition and boot.

Configure config.plist in Clover Configurator
  • Copy Clover Configurator in Applications
  • Open EFI/CLOVER/config.plist (it should open in Clover Configurator)
    • Config your boot volume
  • SMBIOS
    • I used MacBookPro15,2 SMBIOS, but it works only on Mojave. You may want to leave it 14,1 if you want to install macOS High Sierra
  • I additionally added "abm_firstpolldelay=10000" flag to boot options for ACPIBatteryManager, because with stock value battery indicator freezes sometimes. I can't be sure I did it right but after that my battery indicator works as it should. Don't enable if you're fine with stock one.
  • Also I added Audio Injection Layout 3 in Devices tab, as without it audio is not working.
SSDT Hotpatching

Well, I don't want to reinvent bicycle, so I just took most of the patches from RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config patches folder. I took this files:
Code:
SSDT-ALS0

SSDT-GPRW

SSDT-PMCR

SSDT-PNLF

SSDT-PTSWAK

SSDT-RMCF

Also, I did a SSDT patch for making trackpad work, it's based on

Old DSDT Guide (not preffered)
  • Reboot the laptop. At Clover boot screen press F4. This will dump files in EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin.
  • Boot into macOS
  • Mount your EFI drive in Clover Configurator
  • Copy DSDT.aml and all SSDT*.aml from EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin to a new folder named DSDT on your desktop.
  • Copy MaciASL from your USB flash drive to Applications

The guide talks about duplicate SSDTs and comparing their size. I have two SSDTs with the same size but not the same content so there will be no problems later on.
  • In Terminal:
    • Code:
      git clone https://github.com/RehabMan/Intel-iasl.git iasl.git
      • It should ask you to install git. Install git.
    • Code:
      • Yes, you must do it again.
    • Code:
      cd iasl.git
    • Code:
      make
    • Code:
      sudo make install
    • Code:
      sudo cp /usr/bin/iasl /Applications/MaciASL.app/Contents/MacOS/iasl61
    • Code:
      cd *drag and drop your DSDT folder*
      • This will put you back to DSDT folder
    • Code:
      iasl -da -dl *.aml

You should have pretty much the same files as me if you have the same laptop.
  • For DSDT.dsl, wait for the file to load completely
    • Search and Replace all "GFX0" for "IGPU"
    • Search and Replace all "HDAS" for "HDEF"
    • Apply Brightness fix patch
    • Apply VoodooI2C GPIO Patch and Windows 10 Patch
    • Find your touchpad device (mine was TPL1), scroll to _INI section and replace
    • Code:
      If (LEqual (SDM1, Zero))
      [*]                {
      [*]                    SHPO (GPLI, One)
      [*]                }
      [*]
      to
    • Code:
      SHPO (GPLI, One)
      [*]
    • I.e delete If condition so it would load in any case
    • Additionally I had to add
      Code:
      \_SB.PCI0.I2C1.TPL1._INI ()
      to _WAK method to make touchpad work after sleep
    • Compile and if no errors, save the file as AML file (replace if needed).
    • I also applied some generic patches like "HPET patch" they can't harm but I don't sure is it needed, so I applied it and it's just working fine, it's up to you.
  • For every other .dsl
    • Compile and if no errors, save the file as AML file (replace if needed)
  • Copy ONLY EDITED (don't copy if you didn't replace anything) files from DSDT folder to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched

Optimize
  • Kexts
    • In /ESP/EFI/CLOVER/Kexts/Other/VoodooPS2Controller/Contents/Plugins delete mouse and trackpad kexts, because it may interrupt VoodooI2C.
  • config.plist
    • You may delete all DSDT patches related to Nvidia if your laptop have only Intel GPU.
    • You may change boot entries, timeout and add additional boot args if you want.

Reboot

In System Preferences, Display, you should now see the Brightness slider. You may remap brightness change to F10-F11 as did I, anyway you can't use stock brightness shortcut without Karabiner.

Fn Keyboard Shortcuts (same as on Windows)
  • F3 : Disconnect from your wireless network. Pressing it again won't connect you back. You'll have to manually reselect your wireless network.
  • F4 : Put laptop to sleep
  • F5 : Switch between displays (when you have another monitor)
  • F6 : Disable/Enable main display
  • F7 : Disable/Enable trackpad
  • F9 : Disable/Enable keyboard's backlight
  • Up/Down: Volume

Messages and Facetime fix

The simplest guide I found was the one here : https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/simple-imessage-guide-for-yosemite-and-el-capitan.186276/

P.S

I can be wrong! Maybe I forgot something writing the guide, maybe something is not right at all, please correct me if you found an error.

Credits:

Apple for macOS

Acer for the laptop

RehabMan for great guides and useful files

alex.daoud for VoodooI2C kext and hints for making it work with the trackpad.

stevezhengshiqi for making great repository for Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro, I took a lot of things from this.

ioreknanou for making guide for older model, this one is edit of this

Other Useful Links

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/312759-fix-macos-sierra-dp1-bcm94532z-wifi/

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-dsdt-ssdt-for-laptop-backlight-control.152659/

Attachments

• Clover SF315.zip
    10.5 MB · Views: 816
Schermata 2018-10-01 alle 10.11.14.png
macOS 10.14.0 Mojave on Acer Swift 3 SF315-51-518S

Hi there! I got my laptop 5 days ago (SF315-51-518S) and my first idea was to install macOS on it, so... That happened and now I wanna share things I did with tonymacx86!

Specs
  • CPU : Intel Core i5-8250U (Kabylake-R)
  • Graphics : Intel UHD 620
  • RAM : 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz (non-replaceable)
  • SSD : 256 GB Intel 600p series (SSDPEKKW256G7) (M.2 2280 NVMe, SHOULD BE REPLACED, bugs under macOS as freezes KP, etc., I have Samsung EVO 970)
  • Screen : 15-inch 1920 x 1080 IPS with glass
  • Ports : 1xUSB 3.1 Gen-1 Type-C, 2xUSB 3.0, 1xUSB 2.0, 1xHDMI (full-size), 1xAudio jack
  • Wifi/Bluetooth : Intel AC-7265, (M.2 NGFF, should be replaced, not supported under macOS. I have BCM94352Z)
  • Audio : ALC255 (ven id:10ec, dev id:0255)
  • SD Card Reader : Realtek USB2.0-CRW (ven id:0bda, dev id:0129)
  • Back-lit keyboard
  • I2C Trackpad + PS2 keyboard (why?)
What is working
  • Graphics
  • Audio
    • Speakers, headphones and internal mic (layout id: 3, patched CodecCommander needed)
  • Built-in Bluetooth
  • Keyboard
    • Backlit is fine
  • Trackpad
  • USB
  • Webcam
    • PhotoBooth works fine
  • Sleep/Wake
    • Lid also working
    • To my knowledge, no weird things after sleep/wake
      • If you disable the wifi with Acer's keyboard shortcut (Fn+F3) and go to sleep, wifi won't be able to be enabled. You'll have to reboot the laptop.
  • At least 6 hours battery life
    • Tested with 10.13.4 (max brightness, 720p on safari, USB wifi dongle)
  • Pretty much everything else except things in not working list below
What is NOT working
  • Built-in Wifi
    • Must be replaced (My choice is BCM94352Z)
  • Built-in SSD causes awful lags
    • Must be replaced (Samsung NVMe SSD work fine)
  • Built-in SD card reader (Didn't looked into it, people say it's not working and never will)
  • Fingerprint is detected but it is useless, so I decided to disable that port found NoTouchID kext (I got loads of BiometricKit errors without it)
What was not tested
  • HDMI
What must be done
  • Replace Wi-Fi module
    • I ordered DW1560
  • Replace SSD
    • Samsung SSD are cheap&nice
  • Follow my guide

About this guide

I'm just sharing my success in hackintoshing this laptop, I seen many people just not buying latest model of this laptop because it just don't tested by anyone. Now I can say that it's working just fine and I'm glad that gamble paid off.

Also, my first language is Russian so I'm sorry if some things are not clear enough.

Updating BIOS to the latest version and BIOS configuration

Install latest BIOS with fixes for your laptop, it can be found in "Support" tab on official Acer website.

Once the update is done, go in your BIOS setup. For my model, I must presse F2 at boot. Press F9 to reset default settings. Enable "F12 Boot Menu" in Main tab. Set Supervisor Password in Security tab. Disable "Secure Boot" in Boot tab. Also, disable VT-d in BIOS settings. Save changes.

Create bootable USB

Next, you'll need to make a bootable USB drive with macOS installer. There are plenty of methods, the one of popular ones is UniBeast, but it required internet connection on install when I wasn't able to do something (I don't have compatible Wi-Fi card or RJ45 dongle atm). So, I decided to prepare Installer with "createinstallmedia" method. You may check it here, but in short, you need to format your flash drive to GUID partition table and FS HFS+, download latest installer from Mac App Store and write your flash drive by that command

Code (Text):

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/*YOUR FLASH DRIVE NAME* --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Mojave.app

Easy install (for newbs, only for laptops without NVidia GPU):
  1. Just download my EFI folder at the end of this message
  2. Mount EFI partition of your flash drive
  3. Copy EFI folder to the flash drive.
  4. Boot from flash drive > install > reboot
  5. Boot from flash drive and select SSD partition.
  6. Setup macOS
  7. Mount EFI partition on SSD
  8. Copy EFI folder there.
  9. Eject flash drive, reboot.
All should be fine :)

Details (not for noobs and for interested ones):

Install clover to the flash drive. Add this kexts in the flash drive's EFI partition in folder EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other.
Add the following kexts:
Download other kexts, config.plist and other useful apps for post-install purposes

On your flash drive, create a folder named "Post-Install". In that folder, copy the following files and applications :

Clover kexts
  • ACPIBatteryManager.kext obviously for battery
  • AppleALC.kext for sound (use release version)
    • We got ALC255, so with layout 3 all seems to work fine, you may try also 13, 17, 27 or 28
  • CodecCommander.kext for sound after sleep
    • I had to mod it a bit to make audio work after sleep. I changed
      Code:
      ALC283,etc
      section like this:
      Code:
      <key>Perform Reset</key>
      [*]<true/>
      [*]<key>Send Delay</key>
      [*]<integer>300</integer>
  • Modded VoodooI2C and VoodooI2CHID for trackpad. Big thanks to stevezhengshiqi and goodwin to make it work under Mojave.
    • TRACKPAD IS FREAKING LOVELY! Works just like MacBook's in terms of gestures, using MagicTrackpad 2 simulation
  • Lilu.kext needed for live system patching
  • WhateverGreen for graphics
Apps
Base config.plist
  • I downloaded one from stevezhengshiqi for Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro because I'm just too lazy to make it up from the ground, and as the hardware is really have a lot in common it works with some small modifications
Additional Clover files
  • You may need to download apfs.efi and HFSPlus.efi, it depends on your Clover installer. For being safe I recommend to search it and download latest files too, just in case. ApfsEfiLoader.efi is preferable way to do this.
Once all this is downloaded and copied to your flash drive, reboot the laptop.

Installation
  • You must press F12 for this Acer laptop at boot to select USB flash drive. I plugged the flash drive in the USB3 port.
  • When the installation is over and the laptop reboots, it will probably give you an error at boot (Default Boot Device Missing or Boot Failed). Select OK and, again, boot on your USB flash drive. At Clover bootloader, choose to boot on your new macOS drive. This step is normal because there is no Clover bootloader yet on your SSD. Keep in mind this step because if you have problems booting from your SSD in the future, this could be handy.
Allow apps downloaded from Anywhere and other useful configurations
  • In Terminal, type the following :
  • Code (Text):
  • sudo spctl --master-disable
  • In Finder>Preferences>General>Select to show hard disks on the desktop
It just speeds up the configuration. You can put it back as it was after this guide.

Clover EFI bootloader installation

Install Clover
  • Choose your High Sierra drive as destination
  • Select the following in the customize installation
    • Install for UEFI booting only
    • Install Clover in the ESP
    • Drivers64UEFI/AptioMemoryFix-64
  • Click Install

Copy files to EFI partition

After the Clover installation, a new volume named EFI will be on the desktop and in Finder. Copy the files and apps from your USB flash drive to the following locations :
  • In EFI Volume, EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other
    • All kexts you downloaded.
  • In EFI Volume, EFI/CLOVER
    • Replace config.plist with the one on your USB flash drive.
  • In EFI volume, EFI/CLOVER/Drivers64UEFI
    • Look for apfsEfiLoader.efi. If there is no one, you wouldn't able to find your macOS partition and boot.

Configure config.plist in Clover Configurator
  • Copy Clover Configurator in Applications
  • Open EFI/CLOVER/config.plist (it should open in Clover Configurator)
    • Config your boot volume
  • SMBIOS
    • I used MacBookPro15,2 SMBIOS, but it works only on Mojave. You may want to leave it 14,1 if you want to install macOS High Sierra
  • I additionally added "abm_firstpolldelay=10000" flag to boot options for ACPIBatteryManager, because with stock value battery indicator freezes sometimes. I can't be sure I did it right but after that my battery indicator works as it should. Don't enable if you're fine with stock one.
  • Also I added Audio Injection Layout 3 in Devices tab, as without it audio is not working.
SSDT Hotpatching

Well, I don't want to reinvent bicycle, so I just took most of the patches from RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config patches folder. I took this files:
Code:
SSDT-ALS0

SSDT-GPRW

SSDT-PMCR

SSDT-PNLF

SSDT-PTSWAK

SSDT-RMCF

Also, I did a SSDT patch for making trackpad work, it's based on

Old DSDT Guide (not preffered)
  • Reboot the laptop. At Clover boot screen press F4. This will dump files in EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin.
  • Boot into macOS
  • Mount your EFI drive in Clover Configurator
  • Copy DSDT.aml and all SSDT*.aml from EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin to a new folder named DSDT on your desktop.
  • Copy MaciASL from your USB flash drive to Applications

The guide talks about duplicate SSDTs and comparing their size. I have two SSDTs with the same size but not the same content so there will be no problems later on.
  • In Terminal:
    • Code:
      • It should ask you to install git. Install git.
    • Code:
      • Yes, you must do it again.
    • Code:
      cd iasl.git
    • Code:
      make
    • Code:
      sudo make install
    • Code:
      sudo cp /usr/bin/iasl /Applications/MaciASL.app/Contents/MacOS/iasl61
    • Code:
      cd *drag and drop your DSDT folder*
      • This will put you back to DSDT folder
    • Code:
      iasl -da -dl *.aml

You should have pretty much the same files as me if you have the same laptop.
  • For DSDT.dsl, wait for the file to load completely
    • Search and Replace all "HDAS" for "HDEF"
    • Apply Brightness fix patch
    • Apply VoodooI2C GPIO Patch and Windows 10 Patch
    • Find your touchpad device (mine was TPL1), scroll to _INI section and replace
    • Code:
      If (LEqual (SDM1, Zero))
      [*]                {
      [*]                    SHPO (GPLI, One)
      [*]                }
      [*]
      to
    • Code:
      SHPO (GPLI, One)
      [*]
    • I.e delete If condition so it would load in any case
    • Additionally I had to add
      Code:
      \_SB.PCI0.I2C1.TPL1._INI ()
      to _WAK method to make touchpad work after sleep
    • Compile and if no errors, save the file as AML file (replace if needed).
    • I also applied some generic patches like "HPET patch" they can't harm but I don't sure is it needed, so I applied it and it's just working fine, it's up to you.
  • For every other .dsl
    • Compile and if no errors, save the file as AML file (replace if needed)
  • Copy ONLY EDITED (don't copy if you didn't replace anything) files from DSDT folder to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched

Optimize
  • Kexts
    • In /ESP/EFI/CLOVER/Kexts/Other/VoodooPS2Controller/Contents/Plugins delete mouse and trackpad kexts, because it may interrupt VoodooI2C.
  • config.plist
    • You may delete all DSDT patches related to Nvidia if your laptop have only Intel GPU.
    • You may change boot entries, timeout and add additional boot args if you want.

Reboot

In System Preferences, Display, you should now see the Brightness slider. You may remap brightness change to F10-F11 as did I, anyway you can't use stock brightness shortcut without Karabiner.

Fn Keyboard Shortcuts (same as on Windows)
  • F3 : Disconnect from your wireless network. Pressing it again won't connect you back. You'll have to manually reselect your wireless network.
  • F4 : Put laptop to sleep
  • F5 : Switch between displays (when you have another monitor)
  • F6 : Disable/Enable main display
  • F7 : Disable/Enable trackpad
  • F9 : Disable/Enable keyboard's backlight
  • Up/Down: Volume

Messages and Facetime fix

The simplest guide I found was the one here : https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/simple-imessage-guide-for-yosemite-and-el-capitan.186276/

P.S

I can be wrong! Maybe I forgot something writing the guide, maybe something is not right at all, please correct me if you found an error.

Credits:

Apple for macOS

Acer for the laptop

RehabMan for great guides and useful files

alex.daoud for VoodooI2C kext and hints for making it work with the trackpad.

stevezhengshiqi for making great repository for Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro, I took a lot of things from this.

ioreknanou for making guide for older model, this one is edit of this

Other Useful Links

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/312759-fix-macos-sierra-dp1-bcm94532z-wifi/

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-dsdt-ssdt-for-laptop-backlight-control.152659/

It works PERFECTLY! Oh my God, never ever experienced a similar experience on an hackintosh!
Thank you SO much.

Ps. Let's talk about how SMOOTH the trackpad experience is now??

Schermata 2018-10-01 alle 10.10.13.png Schermata 2018-10-01 alle 10.11.14.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the Nvidia version of the laptop what are some things I need to know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back