Contribute
Register

[Guide] Acer Swift 3 i5-8250U Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
tried as instructed but still no audio device detected.can you please check attached the debug files again and give some suggestion.
thanks.

You did not inject alc-layout-id and layout-id as suggested. Please go back and read my last reply.

You did not understand, the link says to apply the related patches in DSDT ,i applied these patches/fixes and it worked but as i am also using SSDT hotpatches ,it conflicts with the DSDT (dublicate symbols or something as you told me earlier) and resulted in poor battery life. After some researching i found that I2C fixes can be applied via a hotpatch SSDT omitting the need of Including a DSDT but the hotpatching is not working. can you take a look.

My trackpad device name is TPL1
gpio pin is 0x55

Thanks

Attachments

• debug_12092.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 87
You did not understand, the link says to apply the related patches in DSDT ,i applied these patches/fixes and it worked but as i am also using SSDT hotpatches ,it conflicts with the DSDT (dublicate symbols or something as you told me earlier) and resulted in poor battery life. After some researching i found that I2C fixes can be applied via a hotpatch SSDT omitting the need of Including a DSDT but the hotpatching is not working. can you take a look.

My trackpad device name is TPL1
gpio pin is 0x55

Thanks

If you have a specific patch you're trying to do with hotpatch, reply in hotpatch guide thread with relevant details.

When I use the Voodool2C.kext and the VoodoolCHID.kext the laptop restarts while he is booting. First he go to Clover boots up and the it show shortly the apple logo and then restart this reapeats 4-5 times and then he boots normally.

When I use the Voodool2C.kext and the VoodoolCHID.kext the laptop restarts while he is booting. First he go to Clover boots up and the it show shortly the apple logo and then restart this reapeats 4-5 times and then he boots normally.
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

and one weird thing , my trackpad response is delayed by about a second for example if i tap with two fingers (second click) it is registered after 1 second. is anybody else is having this issue?

I had this issue before, I fixed it by using the original VoodooI2C kexts instead of the patched version that is provided in the guide.

I had this issue before, I fixed it by patching my own DSDT and SSDT files using the VoodooI2C and Rehabman's guide. Then replacing the patched files that PavelIT used for the originals from the VoodooI2C website fixed the touch delay. Check out my GitHub a few pages back to see what I've done.

I had this issue before, I fixed it by using the original VoodooI2C kexts instead of the patched version that is provided in the guide.
I have solved the delay issue (tapping with two fingers) by disabling smart zoom but dragging has a delay.Can you tell wether it solves delay with dragging?
I have tried the orignal VoodooI2C (not tested for delay) but cursor speed is too slow.Is there a workaround that?

@RehabMan I have solved all issues, everything is working fine but i want to ask that how can make it more stable ,what other patches i have to apply ,how do i know ? Can you guide me?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back