Contribute
Register

[GUIDE 5330m] Almost Fully Working Mountain Lion 10.8 (ML) on HP ProBook 53

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure this Probook can use the same kexts from the Probook installer. Have you tried it?

After use Probook installer, internet not work :(.

After use Probook installer, internet not work :(.

Are asking about WiFi? If so, what WiFi chip is in your laptop (check in Windows)? Also, if you have Atheros (9285), there is possibilities to get it to work, but you need a DSDT edit to make it work.

Are asking about WiFi? If so, what WiFi chip is in your laptop (check in Windows)? Also, if you have Atheros (9285), there is possibilities to get it to work, but you need a DSDT edit to make it work.

I know wifi not work on every 5330m. But my LAN not work too. It work when bot from UniBeast USB but not work after use Probook installer.:crazy:

I know wifi not work on every 5330m. But my LAN not work too. It work when bot from UniBeast USB but not work after use Probook installer.:crazy:

What kind of ethernet hardware does your laptop have? Maybe not Realtek.

done! Thank to RehabMan !
Every thing working, with 10.8.2b, I do not need wifi.
Using HP Probookinstaller with right DSDT/SSDT and Apple HD from 10.7.4 .

cheers

Hi All,

I've been reading this thread from the first page but still need help to define DSDT for my system :

hp probook 5330m, i3 2310m, mem 4gb, vga intel hd3000.
also I attach my clean dsdt from linux and also from chameleon wizard, hope someone able to help me with this dsdt thing.

I already using rehabman github to patch my dsdt, but still there are some lackness such as fn key, i can not just press once and hold for backspace to delete some characters but have to repeat pressing backspace key, fan issue, but for graphic i can get full qe/ci support, still yet no trying to vga port for presentation.

sorry for my bad english and thanks in advance...

Attachments

• dsdt_linux.aml.zip
    49.1 KB · Views: 95
  • dsdt_mac.aml.zip
    49.1 KB · Views: 97
Hi All,

I've been reading this thread from the first page but still need help to define DSDT for my system :

hp probook 5330m, i3 2310m, mem 4gb, vga intel hd3000.
also I attach my clean dsdt from linux and also from chameleon wizard, hope someone able to help me with this dsdt thing.

I already using rehabman github to patch my dsdt, but still there are some lackness such as fn key, i can not just press once and hold for backspace to delete some characters but have to repeat pressing backspace key, fan issue, but for graphic i can get full qe/ci support, still yet no trying to vga port for presentation.

sorry for my bad english and thanks in advance...

This DSDT looks very similar to 4530s.

backspace: I'm not sure what you're talking about here!??
fan issue: what is your issue?

This DSDT looks very similar to 4530s.

backspace: I'm not sure what you're talking about here!??
fan issue: what is your issue?

Hello RehabMan,

Thanks for your reply, and I'm sorry for making you confuse with my language :)

Yes, I already tried to used 4530s from HP Probook installer, but seems still not working perfectly in 5330m,
My friends laptop 4330s, working *almost* perfectly, all working like it should be, his Fn key like brightness, sound control key, all working.

Actually, I once already have my Fn key working in Lion, using DSDT custom I patch myself using your guide of course, :), but then i install ML, and I forgot to save DSDT that working, and then I create same DSDT with same method, but the result not same, for example, Fn key for sound control, should be aside with F11 and F12, but it at F7, and for brightness control should be at F7 and F8, but it at F4.

I wondering which patch should I used for 5330m, I don't expect it will 100% working, but at least I can make my Fn key and sound control works.

Sorry for mumbling again...

Hello RehabMan,

Thanks for your reply, and I'm sorry for making you confuse with my language :)

Yes, I already tried to used 4530s from HP Probook installer, but seems still not working perfectly in 5330m,
My friends laptop 4330s, working *almost* perfectly, all working like it should be, his Fn key like brightness, sound control key, all working.

Actually, I once already have my Fn key working in Lion, using DSDT custom I patch myself using your guide of course, :), but then i install ML, and I forgot to save DSDT that working, and then I create same DSDT with same method, but the result not same, for example, Fn key for sound control, should be aside with F11 and F12, but it at F7, and for brightness control should be at F7 and F8, but it at F4.

I wondering which patch should I used for 5330m, I don't expect it will 100% working, but at least I can make my Fn key and sound control works.

Sorry for mumbling again...

Sounds like your keyboard is just different than the Probook 4x30s. You should read the wiki on remapping the keyboard using the features I added to VoodooPS2Controller (keyboard driver specifically). See: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller/wiki/How-to-Use-Custom-Keyboard-Mapping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back