Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I just finished my first hackintosh and as far as i can tell, everything works really great!!
This is a mix of several instructions i found here. Special thanks to “rdhughestech“ and „PaperLawyer“ who made this possible ;)

Hardware:
• Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 S1155 Z68
• CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K, 4x 3.30GHz, boxed
• Radiator: Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro C1
• Grafik: Sapphire Vapor-X Radeon HD 5770 1GB GDDR5 PCI-Express
• RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP black DIMM Kit 8GB PC3-12800U CL9-9-9-24
• Hard Disc: 2x Samsung HD103SI 1AG0
• Power: be quiet! Straight Power E8 500W ATX 2.3
• DVD: Sony Optiarc AD-7260S black SATA
• Case: Corsair Graphite 600T Midi-Tower – anthrazit

Instruction:
Steps to get up to SnowLeopard 10.6.8:

What you need:
• Snow Leopard install disk (10.6.3)
• Multi Beast 3.7
• iBoot 3.1
• UserDSDT from tonymac database (check your mainboard firmware first!)
• Also make sure you set your BIOS to 32ghz and AHIC to enabled + the regular iBoot MultiBeast setup stuff from the tonymac tutorial.
• Have only 1 stick of RAM installed
• Have Grafikcard installed, but set you bios to use onboard grafik

1. Boot with iBoot and pereform a fresh install with 10.6.3 SL disk.

2. Once 10.6.3 is installed and your looking at the desktop run MultiBeast and select
• UserDSDT Install
• System Utilities.
Once MultiBeast is finished, reboot the computer with the iBoot disk still in. Select your SL install on boot to get back to your desktop

3. Follow these steps (thanks TooSixy!):
a. Remove the “ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext” as it will cause a kernel panic when trying to update to 10.6.8. This IOPlatform.kext file is located in /System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins folder. (Right click on IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext > show contents, then continue following the folder tree)
b. In Terminal, type: sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
c. Run MultiBeast and select System Utilities to rebuild kext cache (yes again). If MultiBeast fails, install kext utility from MultiBeast and then run that from your applications.
d. Reboot and update 10.6.8 (still keeping the iBoot disk in the drive)

4. Don't restart after 10.6.8 update. Run MultiBeast again and select
• UserDSDT Install
Reboot your computer after you remove the iBoot disk from the cd drive. (Change first boot device to HDD)

5. Once your back at the desktop run MultiBeast again (last time I promise) and select:
• "System Utilities"
• Expand "Drivers and Bootloaders" and expand "Kexts and Enablers".
• Expand "Audio" and expand "Realtek ALC8xx" and select "ALC8xxHDA" (this alowne won´t work), AppleHDA Rollback (VoodooHDA 0.2.1 is not needed-> should work without this one)
• Expand "Disk" and select "IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector"
• Expand "Miscellaneous" and select "USB 3.0 - NEC/Renesas"
• Expand "Network" and select "Realtek Gigabit Ethernet 2.0.6"
• Expand "Customization" and also "Boot Options". Select "64-bit Apple Boot Screen" and "Instant Menu"
• Customizations > system definitions >iMac > Mac Pro 3,1 (iMac 12,2 is also possible, i had a KP after reboot with MacPro 5,1)
• Finally, select "Continue" and install to your Snow Leopard partition.

6. Restart after MultiBeast finishes and your new 10.6.8 desktop should appear upon reboot.

7. Reboot, go to bios and change grafik from onboard to grafikcard

8. Disable the Sandy Bridge GPU in Bios, to minimize your boottime (and to prevent „SNB Framebuffer did not show up, unload” during reboot)

:thumbup: That's great news. Have you tested sleep yet? My hackintosh will not wake from sleep (I'm note sure whether having 16GB of RAM helps!) but I saw a suggested fix in the following thread last night which I've yet to try:

viewtopic.php?f=79&t=24491

add in com.apple.Boot.plist

<key>USBBusFix</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Oh no! Me sleep doesn´t work any more... I tested it earlier and it worked just fine.Your suggested fix didn´t work out.

Perhaps it has something to do with my 8GB RAM (earlier I had only 4 GB installed)

I will try to run the system with only 4 GB again and test sleep tonight.

in my System-Profiler it shows this:

ECC: Deaktiviert

Bank0/1/A0:

Größe: 4 GB
Typ: RAM
Geschwindigkeit: 1333 MHz
Hersteller: Unbekannt
Teilenummer: Unbekannt
Seriennummer: Unbekannt

Bank2/3/A1:

Größe: 4 GB
Typ: DDR3
Geschwindigkeit: 1333 MHz
Hersteller: Corsair
Teilenummer: CML8GX3M2A1600C9
Seriennummer: 00000000

I don´t know why the first RAM isn´t detected right. Any suggestions?

is the fix working for you?

Nothing helped... installed everything new, using DSDT Auto-Patcher to create DSDT File... Still no sleep and first RAM Model is still not detected :think:

Any suggestions? Kan anyone help?

@ttwoosta: I mean that waking up from autosleep doesn´t work... I didn´t try sleep by pressing the power button.

@uniQ: I Will try the kext as soon as i get home from work

Thanks for your help!!

occshark said:
I just finished my first hackintosh and as far as i can tell, everything works really great!!
This is a mix of several instructions i found here. Special thanks to “rdhughestech“ and „PaperLawyer“ who made this possible ;)

Hardware:
• Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 S1155 Z68
• CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K, 4x 3.30GHz, boxed
• Radiator: Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro C1
• Grafik: Sapphire Vapor-X Radeon HD 5770 1GB GDDR5 PCI-Express
• RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP black DIMM Kit 8GB PC3-12800U CL9-9-9-24
• Hard Disc: 2x Samsung HD103SI 1AG0
• Power: be quiet! Straight Power E8 500W ATX 2.3
• DVD: Sony Optiarc AD-7260S black SATA
• Case: Corsair Graphite 600T Midi-Tower – anthrazit

Instruction:
Steps to get up to SnowLeopard 10.6.8:

What you need:
• Snow Leopard install disk (10.6.3)
• Multi Beast 3.7
• iBoot 3.1
• UserDSDT from tonymac database (check your mainboard firmware first!)
• Also make sure you set your BIOS to 32ghz and AHIC to enabled + the regular iBoot MultiBeast setup stuff from the tonymac tutorial.
• Have only 1 stick of RAM installed
• Have Grafikcard installed, but set you bios to use onboard grafik

Hey occshark,
Do you have any Geekbench mark scores ?

Can you let me know what changes you made to your BIOS for the install? I am using the same mobo

Mine seems to install half way then goes to restart, I put iboot in and seems to install ok although there was no osx intro - then from 10.6.8 upgrade, the very end it crashes.

Has anyone experienced this?

@giilour - mine is the GA-Z68XP-UD3-iSSD and is experiencing similar issues to yours, but I was using the discrete video card, instead of the onboard they recommended in this guide, are you?
I was going to try it with the card pulled out and see what the difference is

giilour said:
Can you let me know what changes you made to your BIOS for the install? I am using the same mobo

Mine seems to install half way then goes to restart, I put iboot in and seems to install ok although there was no osx intro - then from 10.6.8 upgrade, the very end it crashes.

Has anyone experienced this?
Are you following this tonymacx86 installation guide? http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/07/ ... -1068.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back