Contribute
Register

GUIDE 10.6.8 / GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 / i5-2500K / DSDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having trouble with my installation it seems that I get weird errors upon restarting when I change settings for post installation.

I haven't tried sound yet but I see them inside the system pane. Trying them later.

Also, my MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 (1GB) seems to be having issues when I try to change my screen resolutions from the current setting giving me a blue screen on my Acer v193. I'm using a DVI - VGA adapter using the left sided DVI plug. (See photo below)

Here are attachments.

Attachments

• IMG_0104.JPG
    IMG_0104.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 324
  • IMG_0099.JPG
    IMG_0099.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 285
  • IMG_0100.JPG
    IMG_0100.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 301
I've been following this guide and seem to be having a few problems the same as JRedford and Aleksunde above, although i cant get to the desktop by powering on and off again.

I get to step 4, but when i boot without the iboot disk it displays the Apple logo for a short while followed by a white screen. There is still hard disk activity now and again after this, so it is as if the machine has booted properly but just doesn't display the desktop. Does anyone have any ideas what I should try next?

Any help should be great!

Jon

(I have version F10 of the bios, so i'm using this user dsdt)

Can any one i this guide tell me how to finde out if i have Rev. 1.0 or 1.3? and wich bios version i have?

sgade said:
Can any one i this guide tell me how to finde out if i have Rev. 1.0 or 1.3? and wich bios version i have?

Either look on the outer rim of your mobo and you will see the rev number or on the sticker on the side of the box.

How to tell firmware BIOS

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=36390

jester969 said:
sgade said:

Either look on the outer rim of your mobo and you will see the rev number or on the sticker on the side of the box.

How to tell firmware BIOS

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=36390

thx - got it.
Rev 1.3 and bios f10.
any one gotten onboard graphic to work?

jester969 said:
What CPU do you have?

The same as you - i5-2500K

When i boot from iBoot cd, it works with no problems, but when i boot directly from HDD I get display but when the apple logo apears, shortly after the screen goes dark. The mac cont. to boot and works. I can control it bliendly.

sgade said:
jester969 said:
What CPU do you have?

When i boot from iBoot cd, it works with no problems, but when i boot directly from HDD I get display but when the apple logo apears, shortly after the screen goes dark. The mac cont. to boot and works. I can control it bliendly.

Are you on HDMI/DVi port? You need Lion to get FULL HD3000 support.

jester969 said:
sgade said:
jester969 said:
What CPU do you have?

Are you on HDMI/DVi port? You need Lion to get FULL HD3000 support.

I am on DVI port

Boot w/GraphicsEnabler=NO, make sure BIOS is set to onboard and get to 10.6.6 or 1.6.7. for the App Store so you can download Lion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back