Contribute
Register

[Guide 10.6.0 > 10.6.8] Fool Proof Guide GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright. I just registered with this site and it looks very intelligent and helpful. I'm not new to the Hackint0sh scene, but it has been a while.

I'm about to order a Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3, an Intel i7 2600 3.4, and 8G of G. SKILL Ripsaw Series RAM.

If this guide doesn't work, I'm hunting you all down... :lol: :lol: :lol:

tried many things with many fails. trying this, will update my success later. keep in mind i am on a z68x-ud4. hope it works.

Damn. Got my hardware, but the GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 was faulty (power cycling issue). Getting another one tomorrow.

I see a few posts in this thread regarding deleting a problem kext. Which kext would that be and how do I access it? Thanks in advance!

Well, I can run the 10.6.8 combo update after installing Update Helper and rebooting, but the upgrade module keeps crashing whenever I run MultiBeast. And when I do run MultiBeast, the installation fails. The only choice I seem to have is to reboot and apply the combo update. What's going on here? Frustrated.

EDIT: Previous problems solved. Now I'm just trying to get my NVidia 7900GS to display in the proper resolution. As with a lot of other folks here, I'm stuck at 1024x768. I actually got it to display properly one time when I was experimenting on another install, but now I can't get it to work.

EDIT 2: Solved the video card dilemma by running MultiBeast 3.7.2 and selecting NVEnabler. Woohoo!

Everything works for me until I have to boot into the second partition. When I select it it will just restart my computer. I am using the same mobo as the OP. Help would be greatly appreciated!!

Hi all

I installed using this method and found i have a working copy so thanks very much for the hard work and sharing your ideas..... however still don't have onboard sound.... despite reloading kexts a few times with Multibeast and using system tools the Sound icon is still grayed out with no sound source showing... am i missing something obvious? Hope i have strained the "fool proof comment"

Thanks in advance Bruce

Hi

One other problem i seem to have is that when i boot... i still get the iboot screen....where i have to select the drive to boot from as I have two bootable drives and it waits at that screen till i pick one. How do i get to a normal bootup where it just goes to the Snow Leopard drive with no delays.

Thanks for your help
Cheers

ecurb said:
Hi

One other problem i seem to have is that when i boot... i still get the iboot screen....where i have to select the drive to boot from as I have two bootable drives and it waits at that screen till i pick one. How do i get to a normal bootup where it just goes to the Snow Leopard drive with no delays.

Thanks for your help
Cheers

Have resoved this... i was using onboard graphics so with Multibeast set boot to 64 no enabler options... all works at present

Re: [Guide 10.0 > 10.6.8] Fool Proof Guide GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3

uniQ said:
Update:

- System Utilities
- Bootloaders > Chimera
- Driver & Bootloaders > Misc > FakeSMC
- Driver & Bootloaders > Misc > FakeSMC Plugins > AMD Radeon Plugin
- Driver & Bootloaders > Misc > FakeSMC Plugins > Motherboard Plugins
- Boot Options > Generate CPU States

When I add the FakeSMC Plugins I get a kernel panic at boot.
If I remove the plugins, I'm back to a stable boot.

[Edit] If I ignore kernel cache and boot with -f I do not have the KP.

• I did also notice that at the kernel panic, the AMD Radeon Monitor plugin said it found a Radeon HD 6738. What's up with that? My card is a 6870.

[Edit]I now see the relationship between my HD6870 and 6738,
AMD Radeon HD 6870 1024MB [1002:6738] (subsys [1682:3107]) (Barts:Duckweed)

• Also I believe the voltages listed are wrong in iStat. My CPU voltage is listed as 1.46v and my memory is listed as 2.70v.

[list:1p4k3aqb]My Memory voltage is set at 1.505v.

When using CPU-z, Prime95 and Intel Tuning Utility in Windows 7, my CPU is running [email protected] with all 4 cores at 100%.

So why is iStat saying 1.46?
[/list:u:1p4k3aqb]

[Edit] Found out Mac OS X and sandy bridge report incorrect voltages for cpu and memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back