<string>10.13.4</string>
<key>Name</key>
<string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>g32UDw+DlwQ=</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>g32UEQ+DlwQ=</data>
</dict>

Don't neglect to create a proper SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext, such that you're within the 15-port limit and therefore will not need the port limit patch anymore (otherwise, you'll find yourself in the same situation next update... unnecessarily).

@RehabMan - Your usb_prw_0x0d_xhc.txt patch fixed my instant wake problem - thank you! After I applied your patch with MaciASL, my Device (EH01) and Device (EH02) still had

Name (_PRW, Package (0x03) // _PRW: Power Resources for Wake
{
0x0D,
0x03,
\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC.PUBS
})

Should I replace Name (_PRW... in Device (EH01) and Device (EH02)

with

Name(_PRW, Package() { 0x0D, 0 })

Thank you.

Last edited:
@RehabMan - Your usb_prw_0x0d_xhc.txt patch fixed my instant wake problem - thank you! After I applied your patch with MaciASL, my Device (EH01) and Device (EH02) still had

Name (_PRW, Package (0x03) // _PRW: Power Resources for Wake
{
0x0D,
0x03,
\_SB.PCI0.LPCB.EC.PUBS
})

Should I replace Name (_PRW... in Device (EH01) and Device (EH02)

with

Name(_PRW, Package() { 0x0D, 0 })

Thank you.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Thanks @RehabMan for this guide. I have followed it to the latter and applied the procedure, however I haven't managed to fix my USB ports.
My machine has 3 USB ports, all marked SSP. whenever I connect any device, in the sys info, it reports : speed upto 450mb/s.
I initially installed USBInjectAll.kext and figured out I have HS1 - HS11, and SSP1 - SSP4, I edited my IOUSBHostFamily.kext to match the same.
On my DSDT, I figured out that the EH01 and EH02 mostly has connector in 0. in ioreg/IORegistryExplorer, I noticed that the devices connected to external ports are reported in HS and never SSP.
I once did some workaround and at once I got my webcam and a bluetooth chip reported on Sys info, but unfortunately they disappeared after restart and have never came back.
I have renamed XHCI to XHC , EHCx to EH0x successfully.

in short, my USB2 ports are not working and 3.0 ones working partially.

Something I noticed, the edited IOUSBHostFamily kext is loaded but with errors:
loadable : no
Signature validation errors : kext signature validation error code -67030.

in IOACPIPlane, I can spot a webcam somewhere, but the bluetooth chip isn't there.

I have attached some few files(with 3 devices connected on the 3 ports), kindly help, if you need any further info, pls let me know.
(Sierra 10.12.6,Definition : MacBookAir7,2)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-30 at 11.44.00 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-30 at 11.44.00 AM.png
    111.5 KB · Views: 151
  • Ioreg,kext,dsdt,.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Thanks @RehabMan for this guide. I have followed it to the latter and applied the procedure, however I haven't managed to fix my USB ports.
My machine has 3 USB ports, all marked SSP. whenever I connect any device, in the sys info, it reports : speed upto 450mb/s.
I initially installed USBInjectAll.kext and figured out I have HS1 - HS11, and SSP1 - SSP4, I edited my IOUSBHostFamily.kext to match the same.
On my DSDT, I figured out that the EH01 and EH02 mostly has connector in 0. in ioreg/IORegistryExplorer, I noticed that the devices connected to external ports are reported in HS and never SSP.
I once did some workaround and at once I got my webcam and a bluetooth chip reported on Sys info, but unfortunately they disappeared after restart and have never came back.
I have renamed XHCI to XHC , EHCx to EH0x successfully.

in short, my USB2 ports are not working and 3.0 ones working partially.

Something I noticed, the edited IOUSBHostFamily kext is loaded but with errors:
loadable : no
Signature validation errors : kext signature validation error code -67030.

in IOACPIPlane, I can spot a webcam somewhere, but the bluetooth chip isn't there.

I have attached some few files(with 3 devices connected on the 3 ports), kindly help, if you need any further info, pls let me know.
(Sierra 10.12.6,Definition : MacBookAir7,2)

This guide does not suggest editing IOUSBHostFamily.kext. Restore to vanilla.
Read post #1.

Hi, Rehabman,
I am trying to get the two USB-C ports on my HP spectre X360 working. The USB-A port is currently working well however the USB-C has no reaction when plugged in.

I checked under the windows. my USB-C ports are listed as USB3.1 controller and the device ID is 8086:15D4. Apparently this is a different controller than my USB-A port (8086:9D2F). I googled on the internet, this device should be supported as it is in /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBHostFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleUSBXHCIPCI.kext/Contents/Info.plist

Also I found that the device address shown in windows are:
PCIROOT(0)#PCI(1C04)#PCI(0000)#PCI(0200)#PCI(0000)
ACPI(_SB_)#ACPI(PCI0)#ACPI(RP05)#ACPI(PXSX)#ACPI(TBDU)#ACPI(XHC_)

Then I go and search my DSDT and found out that I have _SB.PCI0.RP05.PXSX in the DSDT but nothing about the TBDU.XHC. In the IOReg however there is no PXSX under RP05, (but there is PXSX under other RP0_).

I have attached the report file here. Could you give me some guidance?

Attachments

• debug_29132.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 78
Hi, Rehabman,
I am trying to get the two USB-C ports on my HP spectre X360 working. The USB-A port is currently working well however the USB-C has no reaction when plugged in.

I checked under the windows. my USB-C ports are listed as USB3.1 controller and the device ID is 8086:15D4. Apparently this is a different controller than my USB-A port (8086:9D2F). I googled on the internet, this device should be supported as it is in /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBHostFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleUSBXHCIPCI.kext/Contents/Info.plist

Also I found that the device address shown in windows are:
PCIROOT(0)#PCI(1C04)#PCI(0000)#PCI(0200)#PCI(0000)
ACPI(_SB_)#ACPI(PCI0)#ACPI(RP05)#ACPI(PXSX)#ACPI(TBDU)#ACPI(XHC_)

Then I go and search my DSDT and found out that I have _SB.PCI0.RP05.PXSX in the DSDT but nothing about the TBDU.XHC. In the IOReg however there is no PXSX under RP05, (but there is PXSX under other RP0_).

I have attached the report file here. Could you give me some guidance?

Your USB-C is connected to Thunderbolt.
This guide does not cover Thunderbolt.

Note: Your USB/Thunderbolt will probably work if you plug the device in prior to boot.

You might google/search for more Thunderbolt info/ongoing work.

Your USB-C is connected to Thunderbolt.
This guide does not cover Thunderbolt.

Note: Your USB/Thunderbolt will probably work if you plug the device in prior to boot.

You might google/search for more Thunderbolt info/ongoing work.

You are right! i am able to connect my USB-C device if they are connected prior to the boot and everything seems to be working as intended and the device would show up in IO-Reg. Any idea what is the reason why hot plug not working? Is it a driver issue or DSDT issue? I can't find any thing other than there is a thunderbolt unblocker but I guess that is meant for TB3 devices rather than connecting USB-C devices?

You are right! i am able to connect my USB-C device if they are connected prior to the boot and everything seems to be working as intended and the device would show up in IO-Reg. Any idea what is the reason why hot plug not working? Is it a driver issue or DSDT issue? I can't find any thing other than there is a thunderbolt unblocker but I guess that is meant for TB3 devices rather than connecting USB-C devices?

As I wrote before, Thunderbolt is off-topic here. Use google/search to find relevant threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back