Contribute
Register

[Guide] 10.11+ USB changes and solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is clear from your ioreg that the SSPx ports are truncated due to the 15-port limit.
I have no idea what that means but I guess time to read the guide 10 times and see if I understand anything at all. Thanks!

I have no idea what that means but I guess time to read the guide 10 times and see if I understand anything at all. Thanks!

The purpose of the port limit patch and the 15-port limit is covered in the guide quite clearly...

hi mr RehabMan, i experiment my usb ports. i didnt used any patch regarding to usb. my usb3 is working fine.my 2usb ports are not working..but if you click sleep. then after a minutes just wake it up or press any key to wake it up. then my 2 usb ports start working.any idea about this?

hi mr RehabMan, i experiment my usb ports. i didnt used any patch regarding to usb. my usb3 is working fine.my 2usb ports are not working..but if you click sleep. then after a minutes just wake it up or press any key to wake it up. then my 2 usb ports start working.any idea about this?

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Hello RehabMan!

I have a issue, I don't know if this have anything to do with these process for USB thread, but if I plug my USB3 device, and copy/paste files, the Pendrive it gets very hot.

Look at my output, according with your requests.

Thanks again.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 78
Hello RehabMan!

I have a issue, I don't know if this have anything to do with these process for USB thread, but if I plug my USB3 device, and copy/paste files, the Pendrive it gets very hot.

Look at my output, according with your requests.

Thanks again.

The ioreg you attached shows no USB3 device plugged in.
Did you test the same scenario in Windows?

Note: ACPI is not patched correctly.

EDIT: Here's the IOReg + USB3 plugged.

Attachments

• allan.zip
    503.6 KB · Views: 64
EDIT: Here's the IOReg + USB3 plugged.

No USB3 device plugged into any ports in this ioreg either. Although it shows a device *was* plugged into each SSP3 and SSP4 (but then unplugged).

Did you conduct the test on Windows yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back