Contribute
Register

[Guide] 10.11+ USB changes and solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello RehabMan!

I've did a research about this heat issue, and a lot of users has this problem with Ultra Fit USB3.
Is a very small device, look:
pen-drive-sandisk-ultra-fit-usb-3-0-16gb.png
And I'll do the test in Windows, but, maybe the device size itself are the problem.

What is the XOSI patch supposed to achieve and how do I know if it's working or not?
When I apply it I notice no effect whatsoever. But then I don't know what to look for.

What is the XOSI patch supposed to achieve and how do I know if it's working or not?

It allows spoofs _OSI (which responds only to "Darwin" for OS X/macOS) as a particular version of Windows.
If you need help determining if you did it correctly, read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

When I apply it I notice no effect whatsoever. But then I don't know what to look for.

It is not a one stop fix... You may have other issues. If you need help, read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

It allows spoofs _OSI (which responds only to "Darwin" for OS X/macOS) as a particular version of Windows.
If you need help determining if you did it correctly, read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

It is not a one stop fix... You may have other issues. If you need help, read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Ok. But how do I know if I need the patch or not? What problems is it supposed to solve?

Ok. But how do I know if I need the patch or not? What problems is it supposed to solve?

It solves the problem where there is code in ACPI that depends on _OSI return value (very common).
It may nor may not fix your problem.
Generally, it is a good idea to simulate some version of Windows...

For 10.11, the correct Windows version simulation is system dependent. Some computers will need "Windows 8" ("Windows 2012" some "Windows 7" ("Windows 2009") and others "Windows Vista" ("Windows 2006"). Experimentation may be necessary.

Well, it's hard to experiment when you don't know what results you're looking for!

Well, it's hard to experiment when you don't know what results you're looking for!

Simulating Windows 8 or Windows 10 is usually adequate.
I think you're focusing too much only one small part of the puzzle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back