Contribute
Register

[Guide] 10.11+ USB changes and solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Native files have the main XHC as XHC. There is a secondary XHC1 that should be removed.
I removed xhc1 from dsdt and now all usb port work.THX:clap:

Ok, so still trying to make sense of what is going on here. I have attached a few files and created a visual map of my board's USB ports.

USB-Port-Mapping.jpg

And here are the USB specs for my board:

• Intel Z97 Express Chipset
- 4x USB 3.0 ports available through the internal USB connectors
- 6 x USB 2.0 ports (2 ports on the back panel, 4 ports available through the internal USB connectors*)

• ASMedia ASM1074 Chipset
- 6 x USB 3.0 ports on the back panel

• ASMedia ASM1042 chipset
- 2 x USB 3.0 ports on the back panel​

And here is a screen shot of the System Profiler after a CMOS reset where everything is working properly, if I reboot it stops working:
Screen Shot 2016-11-15 at 3.59.19 PM.png

The two devices under the top USB 3.0 Bus item are plugged into the bottom two ports that I have labeled as not showing up under a port number, instead they are under a PSXS device, XHCI? Attached is the SSDT-1.aml that I am using to modify USBInjectAll.kext and it is working because I changed a USBConnector value and it was reflected in the ioreg after a reboot. However, I am not sure what values I need to change and if I need to do something with the fact that I might have both XHC and XHCI is my DSDT. Sorry if I am being thick, I just can't seem to wrap my head around this.

Attachments

• SSDT-1.aml
    894 bytes · Views: 150
  • DSDT.aml
    74.1 KB · Views: 121
Ok, so still trying to make sense of what is going on here. I have attached a few files and created a visual map of my board's USB ports.

View attachment 220741
And here are the USB specs for my board:

• Intel Z97 Express Chipset
- 4x USB 3.0 ports available through the internal USB connectors
- 6 x USB 2.0 ports (2 ports on the back panel, 4 ports available through the internal USB connectors*)

• ASMedia ASM1074 Chipset
- 6 x USB 3.0 ports on the back panel

• ASMedia ASM1042 chipset
- 2 x USB 3.0 ports on the back panel​

And here is a screen shot of the System Profiler after a CMOS reset where everything is working properly, if I reboot it stops working:
View attachment 220742
The two devices under the top USB 3.0 Bus item are plugged into the bottom two ports that I have labeled as not showing up under a port number, instead they are under a PSXS device, XHCI? Attached is the SSDT-1.aml that I am using to modify USBInjectAll.kext and it is working because I changed a USBConnector value and it was reflected in the ioreg after a reboot. However, I am not sure what values I need to change and if I need to do something with the fact that I might have both XHC and XHCI is my DSDT. Sorry if I am being thick, I just can't seem to wrap my head around this.

You will need to determine why the hub works only after a CMOS reset.
It might be something with your BIOS settings.
Or it could be that ACPI is not patched correctly.

No diagnosis possible without all files requested in "Problem Reporting".
Your custom SSDT in SSDT-1.aml is nonsense. UsbConnector values are all 3 (ports connected to internal devices should be 255). And you have more than 15 ports there...

Using the port limit patch is not recommended long term.
Use it only to discover the ports you need to inject.
Using the port limit patch is not recommended long term.
Use it only to discover the ports you need to inject.

ok. what do you recomend to do ? i dont know how to continue. thanks

You are running into the port limit. As a result your SS ports are truncated (if you look at ioreg, you'll see only SSP1 under XHCI).

As far as power properties, the ioreg shows you're not injecting them.

How can I inject the power properties? And why are they working okay in 10.11 but not in 10.12?

I have a question in general to Rehabmans guide and SSDT/DSDT:

The guide says we should work only with .dsl files. But this does not work here because as soon as I open a .dsl file, it is locked by maciasl and I am unable to use the patches. (I tried chmod+x and all, it's not a permission thing). Also the processed files from Clover F4 with iasl following the guide) contain errors. So I can't compile.

Second is about the XOSI.dsl from Rehabman. It get's me 3 errors when compiling,

Invalid Character (0x21) expecting ASL,
Invalid Character (0x3D) expecting ASL and a
Syntax error unexpected PARSEOP-MATCH, expecting ')'.

Unfortunately, I couldn't´t find any fix for one of these in the DSDT guide. So how do I start from here?

So far, I just switched to the new way hot fixing in clover, just dropping my F4-generated DSDT.aml in there. This is the only thing I can do and I am not sure if I am doing it right.

I am using maciasl 5.1 and my chipset is Skylake.

Last edited:
ok. what do you recomend to do ? i dont know how to continue. thanks

Create custom SSDT to configure USBInjectAll.kext such that only the ports you need are injected with the correct UsbConnector value. Refer to the examples and SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl.

How can I inject the power properties? And why are they working okay in 10.11 but not in 10.12?

config.plist/Devices/USB/Inject=true.

I have a question in general to Rehabmans guide and SSDT/DSDT:

The guide says we should work only with .dsl files. But this does not work here because as soon as I open a .dsl file, it is locked by maciasl and I am unable to use the patches. (I tried chmod+x and all, it's not a permission thing). Also the processed files from Clover F4 with iasl following the guide) contain errors. So I can't compile.

Second is about the XOSI.dsl from Rehabman. It get's me 3 errors when compiling,

Invalid Character (0x21) expecting ASL,
Invalid Character (0x3D) expecting ASL and a
Syntax error unexpected PARSEOP-MATCH, expecting ')'.

Unfortunately, I couldn't´t find any fix for one of these in the DSDT guide. So how do I start from here?

So far, I just switched to the new way hot fixing in clover, just dropping my F4-generated DSDT.aml in there. This is the only thing I can do and I am not sure if I am doing it right.

I am using maciasl 5.1 and my chipset is Skylake.

My guide uses ACPI 6.1. The correct MaciASL and iasl are linked from the guide.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back