Contribute
Register

[Guide] 10.11+ USB changes and solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are using the wrong version of MaciASL. My guide links the correct version...
Thanks again, I corrected my error and now all the SSDTs compile fine. Only exception is my DSDT, it is untouched from F4 but has 5 errors in it that I don't know by now how to deal with them. But it feels good to have my own ACPI stuff now thanks to your guide. :)

Thanks again, I corrected my error and now all the SSDTs compile fine. Only exception is my DSDT, it is untouched from F4 but has 5 errors in it that I don't know by now how to deal with them. But it feels good to have my own ACPI stuff now thanks to your guide. :)

Proper disassembly is important. Make sure you used refs.txt and disassembled with the SSDTs as context as per guide.

Hi Rehabman,

Thanks very much for this guide! I'm trying to get usb 3.0 to work properly on my 10.12 install.
I'm trying my best to fully comprehend your guide, but I'm a little lost, so I'm hoping you can help me out.
First of all, my specs:
Gigabyte x99 ud4, i7 5820k, Nvidia 730GT, 16 GB Corsair RAM, 120 GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD.

This is where I got so far, following your recommendations for 8/9/x99 boards:

I've got 2 out of 4 usb3.0 ports working correctly, all of my usb2.0 ports work as well.
The other two usb3.0 ports show up as 2.0,

I've got this to work as described using EHC1>EH01 and EHC2>EH02 patch in config.plist + FakePCIID and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext.

I've tried looking at this from IOReg (attached).
As far as I can see, the 4 usb 3 ports should be at SSP1@14f00000, SSP2@15000000, SSP3@15100000, SSP4@15200000.
All 4 say 0x3 at UsbConnector, which I think means they're readable, right?

The two ports that work show up at SSP3@15100000 and SSP4@15200000,
The ones that are seen as usb 2.0 show up at EH01. (in the attached file my USB stick shows up at PR15@1d1500000)

I really don't know what this actually means and what I should do to next, so I'm hoping you've got a clue for me. Please let me know if you need more info!

Thanks, Jasper

Attachments

• IO Reg Jasper.ioreg
    3.8 MB · Views: 82
Hi Rehabman,

Thanks very much for this guide! I'm trying to get usb 3.0 to work properly on my 10.12 install.
I'm trying my best to fully comprehend your guide, but I'm a little lost, so I'm hoping you can help me out.
First of all, my specs:
Gigabyte x99 ud4, i7 5820k, Nvidia 730GT, 16 GB Corsair RAM, 120 GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD.

This is where I got so far, following your recommendations for 8/9/x99 boards:

I've got 2 out of 4 usb3.0 ports working correctly, all of my usb2.0 ports work as well.
The other two usb3.0 ports show up as 2.0,

I've got this to work as described using EHC1>EH01 and EHC2>EH02 patch in config.plist + FakePCIID and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext.

I've tried looking at this from IOReg (attached).
As far as I can see, the 4 usb 3 ports should be at SSP1@14f00000, SSP2@15000000, SSP3@15100000, SSP4@15200000.
All 4 say 0x3 at UsbConnector, which I think means they're readable, right?

The two ports that work show up at SSP3@15100000 and SSP4@15200000,
The ones that are seen as usb 2.0 show up at EH01. (in the attached file my USB stick shows up at PR15@1d1500000)

I really don't know what this actually means and what I should do to next, so I'm hoping you've got a clue for me. Please let me know if you need more info!

Thanks, Jasper

The port limit patch is only for short-term use. Use it only to determine which ports you need to inject. Then create custom SSDT.

No need to inject all the HSxx ports when you're using FakePCIID_XHCIMux. Use -uia_exclude_hs, so you don't need the port limit patch.

Create custom SSDT to configure USBInjectAll.kext such that only the ports you need are injected with the correct UsbConnector value. Refer to the examples and SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl.
what example ?
thanks

what example ?
thanks

Many examples at my github repo. Search for UIAC in the *.dsl files for almost any computer specific guide there (ProBook, BRIX, NUC, Envy, u430, y50 etc.)

I AM LOST ... GITHIB REPO ... WHAT IS THAT ?
SERCHE FOR UIAC IN THE .. WHAT SI THAT ..DONT UNDERSTAND AT ALL
PLEASE CAN YOU COPY A LINK TO THE INFO ?
THANKS .

I HAVE READ SOM THREDS AND I HAVE COME TO THIS .. "SCREEN CAP"
HOW DO I MODIFY SSDT-UIAC-ALL IS THERE A GUIDE FOR THIS ?
THANKS AND SORRY A DONT UNDERSTAND MUCH

Attachments

• SCREEN CAP.png
    SCREEN CAP.png
    810.3 KB · Views: 138
I AM LOST ... GITHIB REPO ... WHAT IS THAT ?

Click on "Projects" link in my signature.

Refer also to ammulder's Skylake Starter guide. And post #1 here.

thanks soo much..
can you please read the ioreg file and tell me if y have 3 usb 3.0 ports or have 2 x usb2.0 and 1x usb3.0
i was reading that from HS01 to HS15 USB 2.0 and SSP1 to SSP5 USB 3.0 ..
if that correct am really confused because my laptop have 3 x usb3.0 ..
please can you look at it
thanks

Attachments

• leo_MarBor’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    2.6 MB · Views: 111
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back