Contribute
Register

[Guide] 10.11+ USB changes and solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drivers are not loading for EH01. Problem is likely DSDT or Clover setup.

See guide for correct ACPI patching (seems to be a laptop even though there are no laptops in your profile/signature): http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Also, you might find some information in system.log as it relates to why the USB kexts are not loading...

Note that you have way too many Clover "Fixes" in config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes (kitchen sink approach, eh?)

Turn all of them off, and patch ACPI manually.

Disabling all of the fixes, including the USB ones, worked for me.

75% of all boots, the EH01 hub does not work. 25% of all boots it does. No configuration changes are made between these boots?

What might cause these inconsistencies?

Attached are two ioreg snapshots. One taken during a boot with the hub working, the other taken when it was not working.

Attachments

• with-usb.ioreg
    3.5 MB · Views: 102
  • without-usb.ioreg
    3.7 MB · Views: 85
75% of all boots, the EH01 hub does not work. 25% of all boots it does. No configuration changes are made between these boots?

What might cause these inconsistencies?

Attached are two ioreg snapshots. One taken during a boot with the hub working, the other taken when it was not working.

The ioreg files are corrupt.

Always use IORegistryExplorer v2.1.
Always upload as ZIP to reduce file size.

Did you patch ACPI per guide?

The ioreg files are corrupt.

Always use IORegistryExplorer v2.1.
Always upload as ZIP to reduce file size.

Did you patch ACPI per guide?

Attached here are working copies.

That is my version of IORegistryExplorer

I took the advice from post #1 on this thread and and renamed EHC1 and EHC2 to EH01 and EH02.

That is the only DSDT change I have made, and I have the USBInjectAll kext installed.

All stock ACPI patches from Clover are disabled.

Attachments

• ioreg-data-ahyatt645.zip
    796.8 KB · Views: 79
Attached here are working copies.

That is my version of IORegistryExplorer

I took the advice from post #1 on this thread and and renamed EHC1 and EHC2 to EH01 and EH02.

That is the only DSDT change I have made, and I have the USBInjectAll kext installed.

All stock ACPI patches from Clover are disabled.

The only difference between these two ioreg files is that in with-usb.ioreg, drivers started for EH01, where without-usb.ioreg they didn't.

See ACPI patching guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

I followed that guide and applied patches for 6 series USB, and the issue persists.

6-series patch not relevant and not adequate. Read the entire guide carefully.

(hmmm.. what do they say about assumptions?)

Hi, I'm having trouble booting into El Capitan and I think its a USB problem can anyone tell me whats wrong and what I should change?

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 80
  • IOReg.zip
    406.8 KB · Views: 97
Hi, I'm having trouble booting into El Capitan and I think its a USB problem can anyone tell me whats wrong and what I should change?

If you can't boot, how is it that you can provide ioreg?

This is from my 10.10.5 setup

10.10.5 ioreg not helpful.

For issues booting the installer, open a separate thread. Booting the installer is off-topic here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back