Contribute
Register

[Guide] 10.11+ USB changes and solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.
means ....but they already working before the name change.

It is likely the SMBIOS you're using does not have a built-in port injector. Or the built-in port injector just happened to be compatible with your USB topology.

It is likely the SMBIOS you're using does not have a built-in port injector. Or the built-in port injector just happened to be compatible with your USB topology.
may be ...because my all usb ports has been working before name change and all connected device with USB everything also working .

may be ...because my all usb ports has been working before name change and all connected device with USB everything also working .

There is a MacBookPro8,1 EHCI port injector. See Info.plist in AppleUSBEHCIPCI.kext for more details...

There is a MacBookPro8,1 EHCI port injector. See Info.plist in AppleUSBEHCIPCI.kext for more details...
this is ScreenShot of AppleUSBEHCIPCI.kext
its show my connect port with USB.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-05-27 at 4.30.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-05-27 at 4.30.23 PM.png
    98.4 KB · Views: 99
this is ScreenShot of AppleUSBEHCIPCI.kext
its show my connect port with USB.

No idea what you mean. It is unlikely the built-in port injector is a perfect match for your USB topology.

Hi,

I build my new hack with the following specs:

GA Z97M-D3H
i7 4970k
RAM HyperX fury 32 gb
SSD Samsung 750 EVO 250gb
Case Thermaltake Versa N21
El Capitan 10.11.3

My problem is the my 4 back USB3 ports are readed as USB2 ports, front USB3 is ok. How can i solve that?

Attachments

• Documents.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 87
  • SysProf USB.png
    SysProf USB.png
    151.2 KB · Views: 154
Hi,

I build my new hack with the following specs:

GA Z97M-D3H
i7 4970k
RAM HyperX fury 32 gb
SSD Samsung 750 EVO 250gb
Case Thermaltake Versa N21
El Capitan 10.11.3

My problem is the my 4 back USB3 ports are readed as USB2 ports, front USB3 is ok. How can i solve that?

It is because you're running in the port limit (15).

Since you're using USBInjectAll and FakePCIID_XHCIMux, you can use the "-uia_exclude_hs" kernel flag to eliminate all HSxx ports from XHC, which will bring you back under the 15 port limit.

It is because you're running in the port limit (15).

Since you're using USBInjectAll and FakePCIID_XHCIMux, you can use the "-uia_exclude_hs" kernel flag to eliminate all HSxx ports from XHC, which will bring you back under the 15 port limit.

ok thanks, sorry but i'm a newer, how and where can i add this kernel flag? could you give me a brief tutorial please? thanks again!!! :)

ok thanks, sorry but i'm a newer, how and where can i add this kernel flag? could you give me a brief tutorial please? thanks again!!! :)

Kernel flags are specified in config.plist/Boot/Arguments.

Kernel flags are specified in config.plist/Boot/Arguments.
Thanks it worked!!! The only thing doesn't work now is a usb midi controller, it has USB1 and when i plug it at any of the back port it doesn't get recognized, thanks god it's working on one of the front usb ports...

i think that the back USB 2.1/1.1 ports don't work as 1.1 (as it mentioned in the mobo specs) so the machine doesn't get recognized...is it possible?

Thanks in advance! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back