Contribute
Register

[Guide] 10.11+ USB changes and solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.
It appears to have worked as all ports are working. Thank you so much for your help! Im not entirely sure I'm still connected to the 3.0 controller as I don't know how to read the .ioreg. If you could please let me know that would be great! It could be my usb but blackmagic was giving me 60 write and 120 read, which if I remember correctly is closer to usb 2.0 speeds.
View attachment 178692

There are no USB3 devices connected in the ioreg you provide here.

one other question, I know its a long shot but do you know if theres any way to get usb 3.1 ports to register? I know apple only has 3.1 drivers on their new macbook, but Im wondering if theres any way to get the ports to register as maybe 3.0 or something?

I have no experience with USB 3.1 hardware.

I've just tried GenericUSBXHCI.kext and it makes the Etron EJ168 USB3 on my GA-Z68X-UD3R-B3 work for me (first time ever on my Hackintosh).

But I do notice some odd things, like my Microsoft Lifecam webcam which used to work fine no longer connects. Also not everything shows up in System Report.

Is there a step by step guide to do the EHCx->EH0x rename?

I just downloaded clover configruator but I have no idea what to do or how to change anything.

Is there a step by step guide to do the EHCx->EH0x rename?

No guide needed. It is simple copy/paste.

Use a plist editor so you can copy/paste the patches from config_patches.plist to your own config.plist.

What is a plist editor? Where do I find the config_patches.plist or the config.plist?

What is a plist editor?

Xcode or PlistEdit Pro are two popular plist editors for OS X.

Where do I find the config_patches.plist

It is in the USBInjectAll github repository. You should read post #1. Carefully.

or the config.plist?

Your config.plist is what controls the Clover bootloader configuration. It is on your EFI partition at EFI/Clover/config.plist.

Sorry but the first post is extremely confusing.

“Overview of the tools/solutions” states

Choosing correct BIOS options
Renaming EHCx->EH0x in DSDT
using FakePCIID_XHCIMux to route USB2 devices on XHC to EHCI
injecting ports with a custom port injector
injecting ports with USBInjectAll.kext
patching DSDT to simulate a version of Windows when running OS X

But the actual subtitle below are

BIOS Options
Disabling the default injectors
Need for port injectors
_OSI and Windows version checks
XWAK, XSEL, and ESEL
USB2 port routing(multiplex) and FakePCIID_XHCIMux

I do not understand what I should be reading.

I do not understand what I should be reading.

Read the entire post. Probably several times.

The overview is only intended to loosely correspond to the sections which follow.

RehabMan, i just wanted to give an update. Using the boot tag -uia_exclude_hs, as well as usbinjectall.kext disabled com port communication. As I work heavily with arduino, as well as owning a 3d printer that relies on com ports, this can't happen. So I removed usbinjectall.kext from my library/extentions folder, as well as removing the boot tag, but left fakepciid.kext, fakepciid_xhcimux.kext, and left the renames for EHC0 and EHC1. All USB ports are working. The reason I wanted to leave this update is in case anyone else is having issues with a com port device (android developers, iPhone developers, someone with a 3d printer, arduino or raspberry pi developers to name a few) and also happens to be weird like me and do this development inside OS X instead of windows. Thanks again for your guide and all your personal assistance I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say it's greatly appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back