Contribute
Register

[Guide] 10.11+ USB changes and solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.
RehabMan, i just wanted to give an update. Using the boot tag -uia_exclude_hs, as well as usbinjectall.kext disabled com port communication.

Are you using an external USB->RS232 adapter?

As I work heavily with arduino, as well as owning a 3d printer that relies on com ports, this can't happen. So I removed usbinjectall.kext from my library/extentions folder, as well as removing the boot tag, but left fakepciid.kext, fakepciid_xhcimux.kext, and left the renames for EHC0 and EHC1. All USB ports are working.

It sounds to me like you didn't do a correct configuration for USBInjectAll that sets the UsbConnector for each port to the correct value.

There is no reason to use USBInjectAll if all your ports are working with your DSDTs _UPC definition of ports.

Even so, with proper custom configuration, you can use USBInjectAll. It just depends on what problem you're trying to solve and whether you're willing to put in the effort.

Unless theres one build in to the printer then no. Im a code monkey, but this is far outside what I'm used to so much of this is out of my bounds of knowledge. I would be willing to put in the effort, however I don't know where to go next. All ports are maintaining a connection. The only thing I don't know is if I am getting full usb 3.0 speeds. black magic is saying 36 mb/s write and 96.9 mb/s read from a 3.0 port with an external hard drive I know can achieve better speeds. so I don't believe I'm achieving full speed. If you have any recommendations for what to try next that would be greatly appreciated! You said something about maybe usbinjectall was not done correctly? I installed it with kextbeast to my library/extensions folder, however not my system/library/extensions folder. Point me in the right direction and I'll do what I can! thanks!

Unless theres one build in to the printer then no. Im a programming monkey, but this is far outside what I'm used to so much of this is out of my bounds of knowledge. I would be willing to put in the effort, however I don't know where to go next. All ports are maintaining a connection. The only thing I don't know is if I am getting full usb 3.0 speeds. black magic is saying 36 mb/s write and 96.9 mb/s read from a 3.0 port with an external hard drive I know can achieve better speeds. so I don't believe I'm achieving full speed. If you have any recommendations for what to try next that would be greatly appreciated! You said something about maybe usbinjectall was not done correctly? I installed it with kextbeast to my library/extensions folder, however not my system/library/extensions folder. Point me in the right direction and I'll do what I can! thanks!

Run IORegistryExplorer (v2.1)
Plug both a USB2 and USB3 device into each USB port.

Then save ioreg and attach.

More info/links for IORegistryExplorer here.

Post ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Hey, I also have the Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H and have spent hours trying to get the USB 3.0 ports to work. I came across this kext file on another forum and it seems to have gotten my USB ports back up and running. Thought I would share it here.

Oh my god, GA-Z87X-D3H owner here, after days of fruitless research and many many fails, this worked! My USB3 ports function again. Thank you so much!

Edit: found the source of the kext on Google.

Last edited:
USB 2.0 thumb drive and USB 3.0 external hard drive are plugged into the front IO ports

View attachment 179721

You can use USBInjectAll.kext and -uia_exclude_hs to avoid the port limit patch.

As far as I can see from this ioreg, you only plugged a USB3 device into one port.

Did the usb 2.0 thumb drive not show in the ioreg?
I will add the kext and the boot flag and remove the port limiter patch and see what happens!

Did the usb 2.0 thumb drive not show in the ioreg?
I will add the kext and the boot flag and remove the port limiter patch and see what happens!

To test all your ports, you need to plug both a USB2 and USB3 device into each port while monitoring with ioreg. Read carefully what I previously wrote.

Hello RehabMan
i have problem at my pc
i installed mac elcapitan 10.11.0
and update it to 10.11.3
my pc details :
MB : Gigabyte X79-ud5
Ram : 16G
CPU : i7 4 core
GPU : GTX 960 4G
all kext is work good
and USB 3 is Work
But USB 2 not work