Contribute
Register

[Guide] 10.11+ USB changes and solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi can you help me please ?
IORegistryEXplorer crashes when I went test my USB ports .
Screenshot 2018-11-18 at 14.28.54.png

Attachments

• IORegistryEXplorer.rtf.zip
    23.4 KB · Views: 97
I need some help getting this right.

I have both USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports working but not the "correct" way. I've followed the guide but can't seem to nail it. Looking in "About This Mac" -> "System Report" I see all my connected USB devices under the USB 3.0 bus. Even my mouse and Logitech wireless keyboard dongle which are USB 2.0 devices, plugged in dedicated USB 2.0 ports and should be under the USB 2.0 bus I would think. Screenshot of this is attached.

Is this fixable or just as is? I've done the SSDT for all my ports with the correct ID's (I hope). For the correct number of ports to show in Mojave I need a rather large set of arguments in Clover and my understanding is that shouldn't be necessary.

Please let me know if I missed something.

Thanks a lot and have a nice day.

Attachments

• Skærmbillede 2018-12-11 kl. 16.03.31.png
    Skærmbillede 2018-12-11 kl. 16.03.31.png
    51.5 KB · Views: 242
  • Skærmbillede 2018-12-11 kl. 16.08.02.png
    Skærmbillede 2018-12-11 kl. 16.08.02.png
    103.6 KB · Views: 249
  • config.plist
    6.3 KB · Views: 173
  • IOreg_11-12-2018_16_19.ioreg
    19.7 MB · Views: 118
I need some help getting this right.

I have both USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports working but not the "correct" way. I've followed the guide but can't seem to nail it. Looking in "About This Mac" -> "System Report" I see all my connected USB devices under the USB 3.0 bus. Even my mouse and Logitech wireless keyboard dongle which are USB 2.0 devices, plugged in dedicated USB 2.0 ports and should be under the USB 2.0 bus I would think. Screenshot of this is attached.

Is this fixable or just as is? I've done the SSDT for all my ports with the correct ID's (I hope). For the correct number of ports to show in Mojave I need a rather large set of arguments in Clover and my understanding is that shouldn't be necessary.

Please let me know if I missed something.

Thanks a lot and have a nice day.
"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete/wrong.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Hello ! Could someone please help me.

Follow the procedure , I noticed that all my USB 2.0 ports are not functional, both external and internal.
Back to WIN 10, with the help of usbtreeview, I found all my USB 2.0 ports are controlled by EHCI #2 (8086 8c2d), however, in Mojave, I can do nothing to make the ports activated. Though EH02 is listed in IOREgistry, everything below it were disappeared.

Anyone has the same problem ?

Attachments

• debug_22379.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 84
  • 螢幕快照 2018-12-16 17.44.16.png
    螢幕快照 2018-12-16 17.44.16.png
    150.4 KB · Views: 118
Hello ! Could someone please help me.

Follow the procedure , I noticed that all my USB 2.0 ports are not functional, both external and internal.
Back to WIN 10, with the help of usbtreeview, I found all my USB 2.0 ports are controlled by EHCI #2 (8086 8c2d), however, in Mojave, I can do nothing to make the ports activated. Though EH02 is listed in IOREgistry, everything below it were disappeared.

Anyone has the same problem ?

Refer to the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

I've managed to find a video guide on youtube, which I think is similar to what is in this guide, except you can just follow exactly what he's doing and it took me half an hour, instead of scratching my head.

My only remaining problem is, I have 8 USB3.1 ports, along with one on board USB2.0 for Bluetooth and I am hit with the 15 USB limit, so I'm left with 6 USB3.1 ports, and 2 USB2.0 ports.

I don't think the "delimiter" thing worked for me. If someone have a simple solution, please teach me.

I have old Toshiba notebook, that I used from Lion till High Sierra. There is no USB3 ports on notebook, just USB2. I have unattached vanilla OS on HDD, and for booting I am using USB stick and chameleon with unmodified ssdt_i3_2310m.aml in Extra dir and...
AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext
ApplePS2Controller.kext
FakeSMC.kext
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
VoodooTSCSync.kext
... in Extra/Extensions

I don't have any problems with external HDD connected by USB or USB stick or HID devices. My problem is related to microcontroller(s) USB stack(s), with open source CDC examples form different vendors. In documentation is noted that device(s) should be enumerated on OS X (10.11+) automatically and work without any drivers. And on my Toshiba everything is working fine up to Yosemite. On 10.11+ OS will do enumeration, but at the end device will be disabled (present in system preference USB window) but not present in /dev.

I used Wireshark (btw, great software tool) for analyzing CDC enumeration process on High Sierra, and there is nothing strange/wrong in logs. Main difference between Yosemite and High Sierra is that on the end, enumerated device is enabled/disabled by USB hub.

So maybe someone here was having (and solved) this problem, and can point me in right direction.

Hello,
I was having an issue getting a 3.0 flash drive to work. Ended up plugging it into a usb 2.0 hub and it showed up, so I was able to complete the task at hand. But the issue caused me to look into what was going on. After following your guide I was able to get the 3.0 flash drive to now work in the 3.0 ports. Problem is none of my ports or hubs are recognized as 3.0 in my system report. Followed your guide the best I could, but for some reason the download link for the FakePCIID kexts weren't in the download zip as kext files. Tried opening the .xcodeproj file in xcode and in the left sidebar found a folder that showed them as filenames but they were red. This left me clueless. Anyway, now with the help of the newest Multibeast update I was able to get them working in 3.0 ports, but no 3.0 speed/functionality. i've installed FakePCIID.kext, FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext, and USBInjectAll.kext By your guide i'm looking at the port injectors part as where I need to go next. Believe its the ssdt thing if I remember correctly. Please anymore insight you have on issues with my setup or just letting me know if I am headed in the right direction or not would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back