Contribute
Register

[Guide] 10.11+ USB changes and solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah OK. The guide said that the kext was for 10.11+. I believe the kext that is currently in my config.plist got there via the multibeast check box. Perhaps that is no longer updated for 10.12?

I don't use Multibeast. And nothing in my guide suggests using it.

Will this patch work from your guide:

Comment: change 15 port limit to 26 in AppleUSBXHCIPCI
Name: AppleUSBXHCIPCI
Find: <83bd8cfe ffff10>
Replace: <83bd8cfe ffff1b>

That patch works great for 10.11.
But not 10.12.
As per guide, all port limit patches are provided in config_patches.plist in the USBInjectAll repo.

Ah OK. The guide said that the kext was for 10.11+. I believe the kext that is currently in my config.plist got there via the multibeast check box. Perhaps that is no longer updated for 10.12?

Will this patch work from your guide:

Comment: change 15 port limit to 26 in AppleUSBXHCIPCI
Name: AppleUSBXHCIPCI
Find: <83bd8cfe ffff10>
Replace: <83bd8cfe ffff1b>

Actually if I open my config.plist in Xcode the values to find and replace are exactly the same as those in your guide for 100 series. Maybe I already changed them. Either way its clearly not working. What kext should I use for 10.12.x to increase the port limit?

Here's a screen shot from Xcode.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-05-21 at 5.01.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-21 at 5.01.36 PM.png
    77.1 KB · Views: 99
Actually if I open my config.plist in Xcode the values to find and replace are exactly the same as those in your guide for 100 series. Maybe I already changed them. Either way its clearly not working. What kext should I use for 10.12.x to increase the port limit?

Here's a screen shot from Xcode.

Already asked and answered twice. Now three times...
The patches in your image are for 10.11, not 10.12.
Refer to config_patches.plist from the USBInjectAll repo.
Each patch is clearly marked with MatchOS.

But not 10.12.
As per guide, all port limit patches are provided in config_patches.plist in the USBInjectAll repo.

But not 10.12.

Looking in the config_patches.plist in the USBInjectAll repo I can't tell from the code which is meant for 10.12

Looking in the config_patches.plist in the USBInjectAll repo I can't tell from the code which is meant for 10.12

Sorry I found the correct one when I opened it in Xcode. Thanks for your patience and sorry for being so lame at this!!

Hint: MatchOS.

So I found the correct patch entered it and rebooted but nothing has changed. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Attached an new clover copy and IOReg

Attachments

• CLOVER copy.zip
    6.8 MB · Views: 87
  • Craig’s iMac 210517B.zip
    754.2 KB · Views: 83
So I found the correct patch entered it and rebooted but nothing has changed. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Attached an new clover copy and IOReg

The patch is not entered correctly. Must be exact.
Use Xcode and copy/paste so you don't make a mistake.

Finally full injection. All the USB3's are now showing. :) Thanks so much for your patience. Now onto the rest of my port discovery and making my custom SSDT. You're a legend for putting up with me. I'm learning...

So I did my port discovery and made my custom SSDT as per the guide. It was surprisingly easy. Copied my finished "SSDT-UIAC" to EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched. Saved and restarted. IOReg is still showing all the same ports. I've checked that SSDT-UIAC is in the correct place so not sure why its not working. I note from the guide you mention "config.plist/ACPI/SortedOrder". As far as I am aware I am not using that. I have no idea what it is so I could be wrong. Not even sure how to tell.

1) Are you able to look at the attached Clover Folder copy and IOReg to figure out whats going on? If you need terminal outputs I can provide. Figured just these two attachments will be sufficient. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Also a couple of other questions:
2) I have 2 x USB3.1 Type C ports. I haven't been able to test them as I haven't purchased anything to plug into them yet. Will these ports be included in the initial group of all ports injected or are they somehow different? What would the USB connector code number be for these?

3) I note that I'm currently at 16 ports and still over the 15 limit. Am I right in assuming I'll just have to choose some to make inactive in order to get the count down to 15 and get rid of the port limit patch? I don't really need all the USBs on the back for example.

Thanks

Attachments

• clover copy 220517.zip
    6.8 MB · Views: 84
  • Craig’s iMac 220517.zip
    768.5 KB · Views: 93
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back