Contribute
Register

[Guide] 10.11+ USB changes and solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I did my port discovery and made my custom SSDT as per the guide. It was surprisingly easy. Copied my finished "SSDT-UIAC" to EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched. Saved and restarted.

Clover does not read .dsl files in ACPI/patched.
Must be in AML as per guide.

Duh, I'm so stupid. Thanks for pointing out. I tried to compile to correct file type the 1st time but I had a syntax error. Once I fixed the line of code I saved as the wrong type. Everything looks as it should now. 1) Do I have to choose a port to loose to bring my total down to 15 (currently at 16) so I can disable port limit patch? 2) Should USB 3.1 Type C ports included in my SSDT and what is the connector code number for this type of port? Figure I can adjust my SSDT when I need to

Duh, I'm so stupid. Thanks for pointing out. I tried to compile to correct file type the 1st time but I had a syntax error. Once I fixed the line of code I saved as the wrong type. Everything looks as it should now. 1) Do I have to choose a port to loose to bring my total down to 15 (currently at 16) so I can disable port limit patch?

The limit is 15.

2) Should USB 3.1 Type C ports included in my SSDT and what is the connector code number for this type of port? Figure I can adjust my SSDT when I need to

You need to test your USB-C port(s) to determine where they are connected.
Likely not connected to xHCI, but rather the thunderbolt controller.

I have some problem that if anyone can explain why is happening i be happy to fix it so is not my firs hackintosh but its new to me cause most of the hackintosh pc i have done was after haswell 4 gen intel cpu is and i got yesterday good deal on lenovo G580 god it up and running everything works usb ports acting crazy cause they work but my iPhone or my usb wifi docent show up at all anyone have idea what is wrong and how i can fixed This laptop spec i53210m HD4000 8gb ram 240gb SSD OS X el capitan 10.11.6..

I have some problem that if anyone can explain why is happening i be happy to fix it so is not my firs hackintosh but its new to me cause most of the hackintosh pc i have done was after haswell 4 gen intel cpu is and i got yesterday good deal on lenovo G580 god it up and running everything works usb ports acting crazy cause they work but my iPhone or my usb wifi docent show up at all anyone have idea what is wrong and how i can fixed This laptop spec i53210m HD4000 8gb ram 240gb SSD OS X el capitan 10.11.6..

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back