Contribute
Register

[Guide] 10.11+ USB changes and solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing attached.
You should not remove the HUB1/HUB2 configurations. You will need them so you can eliminate ports you are not using.

I thought that HUB1 is for HP11 etc?

Attachments

• SSDT-USB.dsl
    14.5 KB · Views: 103
I thought that HUB1 is for HP11 etc?

HP11 is the first hub port on PR11 on EH01.

So... you have an EHCI controller named EH01 (in ACPI), and it has an internal port PR11 (as named in USBInjectAll.kext) which has a hub, which has ports HP11-HP18 (as named in USBInjectAll.kext).

HP11 is the first hub port on PR11 on EH01.

So... you have an EHCI controller named EH01 (in ACPI), and it has an internal port PR11 (as named in USBInjectAll.kext) which has a hub, which has ports HP11-HP18 (as named in USBInjectAll.kext).

So I've fixed it. How does that look?

Attachments

• SSDT-USB.dsl
    10.3 KB · Views: 88
So I've fixed it. How does that look?

It is what you would have after trimming unneeded sections from SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl.
Now you have to determine the actual ports you need, then remove them.
Then set UsbConnector correctly for each port that is left.

It is what you would have after trimming unneeded sections from SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl.
Now you have to determine the actual ports you need, then remove them.
Then set UsbConnector correctly for each port that is left.

I take it I get that from ioreg if I'm correct? Im getting the hang of the SSDT now :).

I take it I get that from ioreg if I'm correct? Im getting the hang of the SSDT now :).

UsbConnector is documented in post #1 and the ACPI specification (_UPC).
And yes, you use IORegistryExplorer and a USB2 and USB3 test device to determine which ports are used and which are not.

UsbConnector is documented in post #1 and the ACPI specification (_UPC).
And yes, you use IORegistryExplorer and a USB2 and USB3 test device to determine which ports are used and which are not.

I think I have the idea. For example. Do I rename HP11 to PR11 and set port to 1 as from looking at the ioreg thats what that port uses?

I think I have the idea. For example. Do I rename HP11 to PR11 and set port to 1 as from looking at the ioreg thats what that port uses?

No renaming. Only deleting unused (not connected) ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back