Contribute
Register

[Guide] 10.11+ USB changes and solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.
No renaming. Only deleting unused (not connected) ports.

Hi RehabMan I'm stuck I'm looking under IOACPIPlane and _ADR is 0x1d000 nows so I port that under port in the SSDT?

Hi RehabMan I'm stuck I'm looking under IOACPIPlane and _ADR is 0x1d000 nows so I port that under port in the SSDT?

squirrel!

The port numbers are already provided in SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl.

The Port numbers in the ioreg and the SSDT are both the same.

It looks all the same to me. I don't understand what I need to do here.

Attachments

• SSDT-USB.dsl
    10.3 KB · Views: 91
  • Jack’s iMac.ioreg
    4.8 MB · Views: 90
The Port numbers in the ioreg and the SSDT are both the same.

The port numbers are already correct. You don't need to change them.

You simply need to delete ports that are not connected to anything. It does not change the port numbers of the remaining ports.

You simply need to delete ports that are not connected to anything. It does not change the port numbers of the remaining ports.

Hi mate. I'll give it another go today.

It is not that difficult... some make it difficult by not reading carefully.
Nothing is difficult :) It just takes time to get to the basics and understand it in your head. Thank you, RehabMan for taking the effort and spending so much time on this - you are a saint.

I think I will try to do a dryRun this weekend and will report my results.

What is it I delete in the SSDT? Is it ports I need to delete? I'm not sure what the heck I'm doing with this. So do I delete Port HP11 from HUB1 if its not being used? or not I'm stuck :/

Edit. Ive noticed that my iPad is charging via USB 3 now. All devices comes up USB 3 XHC. But I have my Webcam and Mic plugged in USB 2 and its coming under XHC now could this be that all my ports on my motherboard are all USB 3? according to Gigabytes website it has both USB 2 and 3. Somethings not right. My iPhone shows in the same hub as my Bluetooth.

Screen Shot 2016-09-27 at 12.09.56.png

Last edited:
What is it I delete in the SSDT? Is it ports I need to delete? I'm not sure what the heck I'm doing with this. So do I delete Port HP11 from HUB1 if its not being used? or not I'm stuck :/

Edit. Ive noticed that my iPad is charging via USB 3 now. All devices comes up USB 3 XHC. But I have my Webcam and Mic plugged in USB 2 and its coming under XHC now could this be that all my ports on my motherboard are all USB 3? according to Gigabytes website it has both USB 2 and 3. Somethings not right. My iPhone shows in the same hub as my Bluetooth.

View attachment 212505

Assuming you verified that HP11 is not used, you can delete it.

Without XHCIMux, all devices will show as USB3 Bus as they are on XHCI.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back