Contribute
Register

Guidance on installing Mavericks on a Toshiba Z930 PT23LA-01F00N

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
Well after some mixed results of win and fails in the last week
I have finally bit the bullet and reimaged the ultrabook back to Windows 8
where I retrieved CPU-Z, HWmonitor, Pc-Wizard and also Ran Belarc Advisor information
I should of done this in the beginning instead of installing Mav over Win8.1 with out any Win 8.1 sysinfo
Now I sort of understand from the info I retrieve from Windows that allot of the boot flags and Chameleon and Multibeast check boxes meanView attachment hwmpro_smbus.txtView attachment HWMonitorPRO.txtView attachment Belarc.txtView attachment CPU-Z HTML report file.txt
I have attached them to this post for assistance patching DDSTing SMBIOSing for My Toshi

I also found out using the Realtek Control Panel tool in Win8 that I am running a ALC269 Audio card
I wonder if any of these devices work under Mav.

Hi
Well after some mixed results of win and fails in the last week
I have finally bit the bullet and reimaged the ultrabook back to Windows 8
where I retrieved CPU-Z, HWmonitor, Pc-Wizard and also Ran Belarc Advisor information
I should of done this in the beginning instead of installing Mav over Win8.1 with out any Win 8.1 sysinfo
Now I sort of understand from the info I retrieve from Windows that allot of the boot flags and Chameleon and Multibeast check boxes meanView attachment 90174View attachment 90175View attachment 90176View attachment 90177
I have attached them to this post for assistance patching DDSTing SMBIOSing for My Toshi

I also found out using the Realtek Control Panel tool in Win8 that I am running a ALC269 Audio card
I wonder if any of these devices work under Mav.

smbios/pm info: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...nagement-sandy-bridge-ivy-bridge-laptops.html

ALC269 is a very common codec. You may be able to find one (patched AppleHDA) that works for you...

Could be EDID detection problem. Try injecting EDID via DSDT. See: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch "Generic with EDID" patch.

You will need to extract your own EDID. Do NOT use the one from my 1080p display on my ProBook.

Ok i have taken a holiday rest period from this task for 2 weeks or so, i have progressed further into using Clover Bootloader. Clover boots the system up for me perfectly, with audio turned on. now we have EDID issues to fix as the LCD is not recognised and only as 3Mb of memory. I have reinstalled Windows and obtained the EDID information as attached in the 3 text files that maybe of assistance
i know somewhere i have to extract out of the EDID information some Hex values so what is the easiest way to inject/insert the important values required View attachment edidX.txtView attachment TOS5091(2).txtView attachment TOS5091.txt VendorID and ProductID.

Ok i have taken a holiday rest period from this task for 2 weeks or so, i have progressed further into using Clover Bootloader. Clover boots the system up for me perfectly, with audio turned on. now we have EDID issues to fix as the LCD is not recognised and only as 3Mb of memory. I have reinstalled Windows and obtained the EDID information as attached in the 3 text files that maybe of assistance
i know somewhere i have to extract out of the EDID information some Hex values so what is the easiest way to inject/insert the important values required View attachment 92619View attachment 92620View attachment 92621 VendorID and ProductID.

Post your config.plist.

View attachment config.plist here is the Clover config.plist
i gather this is what you wanted
i mean to get the Graphics working i have to go to the graphics section and tick box edid, change the fake to 01660008 (seems to work ok) and grab video bios tick box once i do this and go back back and click the Mac start disk it goes to Mac login screen. so something is in the config that is causing audio and nearly perfect login.

Additionally as an alternative To do the EDID I read somewhere i can use SwitchResX to create an EDID using the information i obtained in the previous post

Update. after doing the SwitchResX and using key values from the edid data i have. i know have the laptop working via HDMI on the external monitor, the screen was over scanned, i had to VNC on to the machine and bring the under scan nob from off to 2 notches to the right. the screen is now normal, the graphics values are now showing 1024MB of Graphical memory, acceleration is turned on as the screensaver Flurry is working as normal. we are one step away from making the laptop screen the default screen to show up we can clone/mirror later.

Unfortunately its not correctly working after restart, i had to put the fake id 01660008 and the laptop screen became the default but its back to 3mb of Graphics memory and running at 1024x768 without graphics acceleration

View attachment 92622 here is the Clover config.plist
i gather this is what you wanted
i mean to get the Graphics working i have to go to the graphics section and tick box edid, change the fake to 01660008 (seems to work ok) and grab video bios tick box once i do this and go back back and click the Mac start disk it goes to Mac login screen. so something is in the config that is causing audio and nearly perfect login.

Additionally as an alternative To do the EDID I read somewhere i can use SwitchResX to create an EDID using the information i obtained in the previous post

Update. after doing the SwitchResX and using key values from the edid data i have. i know have the laptop working via HDMI on the external monitor, the screen was over scanned, i had to VNC on to the machine and bring the under scan nob from off to 2 notches to the right. the screen is now normal, the graphics values are now showing 1024MB of Graphical memory, acceleration is turned on as the screensaver Flurry is working as normal. we are one step away from making the laptop screen the default screen to show up we can clone/mirror later.

Unfortunately its not correctly working after restart, i had to put the fake id 01660008 and the laptop screen became the default but its back to 3mb of Graphics memory and running at 1024x768 without graphics acceleration

Incorrect use of FakeID. FakeID is not necessary with HD4000 and 01660008 is not a valid device-id anyway. Remove any FakeID you've set as you clearly do not understand its purpose.

You should disable all of the DSDT "fixes" in config.plist. Do DSDT patches manually if required.

Under graphics, Inject Intel. Set ig-platform-id = 0x01660003.

You probably do not need "External Icons patch" in KextPatch section.

You can try injecting EDID via Clover via its options, but try without first.

Incorrect use of FakeID. FakeID is not necessary with HD4000 and 01660008 is not a valid device-id anyway. Remove any FakeID you've set as you clearly do not understand its purpose.

You should disable all of the DSDT "fixes" in config.plist. Do DSDT patches manually if required.

Under graphics, Inject Intel. Set ig-platform-id = 0x01660003.

You probably do not need "External Icons patch" in KextPatch section.

You can try injecting EDID via Clover via its options, but try without first.

You're right on the money i have no idea what i am doing, in the past I have created a Mac Desktop but this mac laptop is so random in results and quite challenging for me, i might not understand the concepts of injecting or dsdting at the moment but learning.
I am but a newbie at this mac laptop thingy so i might be slow to sink in information, but i am willing to learn.
I thank you RehabMan up to now and for your patience and i thank you for all your help.
Booting using the Clover i get mixed results after following your above instructions, sometimes it will divert the display signal to the HDMI and only until i play around with the fake-id (sorry) and put 01660008 in it than displays on the laptop screen but with 3Mb graphics. i know you said not to play around with fakeID( i tried to avoid) but i did many tests using with and without fakeid and in the end fakeid outputs a desktop signal on the laptop or HDMI, I have tried 01660003 in the fakeID but it sometimes diverts to the HDMI.

So i guess something is wrong obviously graphics driver wise, i know i entered the correct EDID numbers in SwitchResX but i read somewhere maybe its getting confused with the multiple kext display drivers that apple provide. on the HDMI most often than not the acceleration is enabled and 1024mb of graphics but on the laptop screen when it chooses it, it only display 3mb graphics and no acceleration. I noticed in the S/L/E there are many kexts that are useful and not.
so for my Intel HD4000 Display that i have got these Kexts might or might not be required and causing confusion
AppleIntelHD4000Graphics, AppleIntelHD4000GraphicsGLDriver.bundle , AppleIntelHD4000GraphicsVADriver.bundle , AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB and AppleIntelHDGraphics etc... i have heard by some forum users by deleting the dud kext they have received good results.
I also read one of your posts about using MaciASL I go to the patching area

i download your patching i guess the patches that of interest to me is HD4000 Low Resolution and there is a value to change "AAPL,ig-platform-id" where do i get this value, do i get it from my EDID info from Windows?

having a integrated HD4000 GFX do i need to the rename GFX0 to IGPU or VID/ADPI to IGPU in the patching in MaciASL

also under MaciAsl in the Sourceforge patching for a non hp laptop patching there is 2 patching items that are of interest HD4K GFX and HD4K HDMI in these sourceforge patches i will have to enter values from my EDID that i collected from Windows?
I guess this is what is running in my mind at the moment. I am probably following the white rabbit down the hole.

You're right on the money i have no idea what i am doing, in the past I have created a Mac Desktop but this mac laptop is so random in results and quite challenging for me, i might not understand the concepts of injecting or dsdting at the moment but learning.
I am but a newbie at this mac laptop thingy so i might be slow to sink in information, but i am willing to learn.
I thank you RehabMan up to now and for your patience and i thank you for all your help.
Booting using the Clover i get mixed results after following your above instructions, sometimes it will divert the display signal to the HDMI and only until i play around with the fake-id (sorry) and put 01660008 in it than displays on the laptop screen but with 3Mb graphics. i know you said not to play around with fakeID( i tried to avoid) but i did many tests using with and without fakeid and in the end fakeid outputs a desktop signal on the laptop or HDMI, I have tried 01660003 in the fakeID but it sometimes diverts to the HDMI.

All you're doing with your incorrect use of FakeID is disabling the graphics drivers.

The only thing you need is ig-platform-id inject of 01660003.

If you have messed around with the kexts and such, start over with a fresh install.

Note: You may need dart=0 if VT-d is enabled in BIOS and cannot be disabled. It can prevent boot.

So i guess something is wrong obviously graphics driver wise, i know i entered the correct EDID numbers in SwitchResX but i read somewhere maybe its getting confused with the multiple kext display drivers that apple provide. on the HDMI most often than not the acceleration is enabled and 1024mb of graphics but on the laptop screen when it chooses it, it only display 3mb graphics and no acceleration. I noticed in the S/L/E there are many kexts that are useful and not.
so for my Intel HD4000 Display that i have got these Kexts might or might not be required and causing confusion
AppleIntelHD4000Graphics, AppleIntelHD4000GraphicsGLDriver.bundle , AppleIntelHD4000GraphicsVADriver.bundle , AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB and AppleIntelHDGraphics etc... i have heard by some forum users by deleting the dud kext they have received good results.
I also read one of your posts about using MaciASL I go to the patching area

You should leave the kexts intact.

i download your patching i guess the patches that of interest to me is HD4000 Low Resolution and there is a value to change "AAPL,ig-platform-id" where do i get this value, do i get it from my EDID info from Windows?

having a integrated HD4000 GFX do i need to the rename GFX0 to IGPU or VID/ADPI to IGPU in the patching in MaciASL

Renaming GFX0 to IGPU is optional and only enables additional IGPU power management. Get your graphics working reliably first.

also under MaciAsl in the Sourceforge patching for a non hp laptop patching there is 2 patching items that are of interest HD4K GFX and HD4K HDMI in these sourceforge patches i will have to enter values from my EDID that i collected from Windows?
I guess this is what is running in my mind at the moment. I am probably following the white rabbit down the hole.

Normally you do not need to inject EDID, and with Clover it is easy, as Clover can automatically detect it (see option in Clover Configurator) and inject.

At this point, I recommend you start over with a fresh install.

At this point, I recommend you start over with a fresh install.

Thanks I thought so
Like a chef that needs to re bake a burnt bread. I need to go back to the start. I mean for weeks I was playing around with chamelon ticking boxes and un ticking boxes and getting nowhere. Than I found clover and it was very clever enough to boot my system nearly perfectly. I shall report back on the results.

Just a quick note in your EDID patch
//IMPORTANT: edit for actual snb-platform-id\n "AAPL,snb-platform-id", Buffer() { 0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 0x00 },\n

what this line mean do i change the the text AAPL,snb-platform-id to something? or just the stuff after buffer()
in relation to the EDID stuff i attached earlier does it refer to ProductID, manufactureID

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back